Walgreens to renounce U.S. citizenship

I don't know where you are getting the "after hours" part.

What I was talking about is that you don't know what you doctor is going to have you take for some illness before you get sick. So. . . you can't stock up ahead of time.

I don't understand your last paragraph.

None of my doctor told me to use Walgreen or CVS.

My last paragraph in the quote above has nothing to do about which pharmacy to fill the prescription at. But that you can't know what your doctor is going to prescribe for any given illness before you get sick.

Medications have an expiration date when they're no longer effective so hoarding them doesn't make sense financially. I'll bet many people have creams, medicines or even canned food that's five years past their expiration...

Laura

Yes, medicines have expiration date, usually after 1 year and I always check all medicine annually to see if they are good or not. It cost me about $30-$50 per year to stock up the OTC medicines, also I have some prescription drugs as well.

I have approached this as a discussion of filling prescriptions. I didn't see anything to make me think the discussion was about OTC meds that you don't need a prescription for.

Foxrac seems to be deliberately "playing" dense rather than really misunderstanding. Like where did he get the "after hours" part which I saw no reference to before his.

My last paragraph in the quote above has nothing to do about which pharmacy to fill the prescription at. But that you can't know what your doctor is going to prescribe for any given illness before you get sick.

I have no idea about what are you talking about it and it looks like you try to me to use Walgreen or CVS, or deal with illness after hours. I don't understand your statement and you need to re-state your phrase.

My health is different from you and I'm familiar with my health, even my family history and I don't need Walgreen or CVS to survive. Oh no, I'm not playing game with you and your statement isn't clear or not make any sense.

Medications have an expiration date when they're no longer effective so hoarding them doesn't make sense financially. I'll bet many people have creams, medicines or even canned food that's five years past their expiration...

Laura

Yes, medicines have expiration date, usually after 1 year and I always check all medicine annually to see if they are good or not. It cost me about $30-$50 per year to stock up the OTC medicines, also I have some prescription drugs as well.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I had a script for a prescription pain killer that was over a year out of date since I don't use it often and I ask my dr about it he said its still good 2 or 3 years after the "discard date" on the prescription bottle. If you ever get a sealed bottle from the drug maker the expiration date will be a lot longer than what the drug stores say to cover their backsides.

Look at bottled water it will have a expiration date on it. Water is water only reason they'd be to toss it is if the container put chemicals into it over time.

I don't know where you are getting the "after hours" part.

What I was talking about is that you don't know what you doctor is going to have you take for some illness before you get sick. So. . . you can't stock up ahead of time.

you can ask your doctor to give you more meds.

We don't have a Target and Walmart does not deliver. I need that available if I am ever sick enough to not want to get out (but not in the hospital) or the weather bad enough that I do not want to drive.

Many independent pharmacies will deliver.

you can ask your doctor to give you more meds.

This isn't realistic for prescription meds. Sometimes you can get a three month supply of some meds, but not all insurance companies will pay for a three month supply at once. Not everyone can afford to buy them out of pocket. Then you have medications that are controlled, and there's no way that any doctor will write a prescription for you to have three months of that drug. The only way to stockpile is to have the medication prescribed, then buy them for three months but not take them. If you have a medication prescribed, waiting months to take it isn't a smart idea.

Most of our prescriptions are for 30-90-day amounts. We can't get early refills on them. If we try to refill something too soon it will be rejected, even if it's just one day early. Like Eater posted, the only way to stockpile is to skip taking them. Obviously, that would be counterproductive. I need my thyroid and Parkinson's meds every day, so I can't skip taking them without serious consequences.

Our Navy hospital pharmacy is open only weekdays, no evenings, no weekends, and no Federal holidays, so we have to plan ahead. If there's a base lock-down, exercise or some other military-related event happening they're closed. It's kind of a pain but that's the trade-off for free meds.

We pick up first-time meds as they're written, and then phone in our refills a couple days ahead for drive-thru pick up, which is very efficient. The pharmacy is about 15 miles away.

Most of our prescriptions are for 30-90-day amounts. We can't get early refills on them. If we try to refill something too soon it will be rejected, even if it's just one day early. Like Eater posted, the only way to stockpile is to skip taking them. Obviously, that would be counterproductive. I need my thyroid and Parkinson's meds every day, so I can't skip taking them without serious consequences.

Our Navy hospital pharmacy is open only weekdays, no evenings, no weekends, and no Federal holidays, so we have to plan ahead. If there's a base lock-down, exercise or some other military-related event happening they're closed. It's kind of a pain but that's the trade-off for free meds.

We pick up first-time meds as they're written, and then phone in our refills a couple days ahead for drive-thru pick up, which is very efficient. The pharmacy is about 15 miles away.
Don't they send it by priority mail? Kaiser (HMO) pharmacies do at no charge (free shipping). It takes about two days.

I take levothyroxine for my thyroid. Is yours the same medicine?

Laura

Yep, I get sinus infections regulary, so I keep my left overs, so next time it starts, Im one up on the game before I can get in to see my doctor. Works every time !

Don't they send it by priority mail? Kaiser (HMO) pharmacies do at no charge (free shipping). It takes about two days.
If we get it mailed we have to pay for the meds (about $8 each). If we pick them up, they are free. TCS usually refills several of his and mine at the same time so it's one trip.

I take levothyroxine for my thyroid. Is yours the same medicine?
Yes.

I have tried to quote in a way that will make this easier to follow.

I don't shop at Walgreen nor CVS anymore due their price is ridiculously higher than Walmart and Target.

We don't have a Target and Walmart does not deliver. I need that available if I am ever sick enough to not want to get out (but not in the hospital) or the weather bad enough that I do not want to drive.

Foxrac mentioned not using CVS or Walgreen's any more and suggested Target or Walmart. I came back with why I do not use Target or Walmart with NO mention of any other pharmacies.

Many independent pharmacies will deliver.

I know but I do happen to use Walgreen's at this time because of the longer hours than any of the independents that are in the town where I live.

I tried to say this earlier with as few words as I thought would say what I was trying to describe; but it does not seem to have worked for everyone to understand.

If I get sick and call my doctor and he prescribes something that is new to me (and, of course, I don't have on hand); then if I don't feel up to going to get it (there is no other family member to go get it) I want delivery available from whatever pharmacy I get that prescription from.

Last edited:

Foxrac mentioned not using CVS or Walgreen's any more and suggested Target or Walmart. I came back with why I do not use Target or Walmart with NO mention of any other pharmacies.

I know but I do happen to use Walgreen's at this time because of the longer hours than any of the independents that are in the town where I live.

I tried to say this earlier with as few words as I thought would say what I was trying to describe; but it does not seem to have worked for everyone to understand.

If I get sick and call my doctor and he prescribes something that is new to me (and, of course, I don't have on hand); then if I don't feel up to going to get it (there is no other family member to go get it) I want delivery available from whatever pharmacy I get that prescription from.

I understood what you said earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I'm personally talk about myself - it means me... I don't shop at Walgreen nor CVS after I realized that both of them are cost more than Walmart and Target for personal care, vitamin and OTC medicines, so I achieved a lot of savings by shopping at Walmart or Target. I don't care about delivery service.

If you are happy with Walgreen so just use them, so I'm talking about myself and not influence on anyone.

Yes, I use 90 days supply for Dexilant and currently work to get 90 supply for Dymista because I will returning to Gallaudet this fall.

Back