Wal-Mart is getting rid of fabric dept.

mecooncat

Reaction score
What? I cant believe they will close the fabric dept. I love to go there and look around and see what they have stuffs to offer and buy many fabrics as they are cheap to buy and sew something like blankets and so on.

No wonder Walmart SUCKS.. like darlin tweety kept saying the name is Wal-Fart... it does fit them. :lol:

and look at this.. maybe they will end up selling this.. cuz they are poor now?? :rofl:

Wow! That is a sexy Walmart shopping bag! Maybe it will look flattering on me? :bowlol:

Wal-Fart...I like that!

Wal Mart's selection is UGLY! I mean I'm a crafty person, but all they sell is really ugly smiley face walmart logo fabric.

Oh well I can always grab it while it's on sale before they close it. Also I can always go to JoAnn Fabric or Ben Franklin Craft to get the fabrics.

It's true but some Wal-Mart in other location don't have fabric dept and replaced into more electronic and other stuff, same with layaway. The sign of layaway is removed and replace into restroom with bunches of cart in layaway area.

I had heard that Wal-Mart want remove of pet fish dept but not know if can be happen.

If farbic, pet fish and garden dept are remove then it would looks like Super Target that don't have layaway, fabric, pet fish, garden and McDonald's.

I like buy farbic and crafty too.. Let's hope in Ontario,Canada wal-fart will keep'em all.. Not going give up!
:)

I talked to manager about craft/fabric dept then they confirmed that would rid in around early to mid 2007 and replace into electronic dept (expanded), also some part of fitting dept.

They don't know about what happen because sales on fabric and craft aren't good as before and not many consumer want to buy it.

It's true but some Wal-Mart in other location don't have fabric dept and replaced into more electronic and other stuff, same with layaway. The sign of layaway is removed and replace into restroom with bunches of cart in layaway area.

I had heard that Wal-Mart want remove of pet fish dept but not know if can be happen.

If farbic, pet fish and garden dept are remove then it would looks like Super Target that don't have layaway, fabric, pet fish, garden and McDonald's.

As for fish dept, hummmmmmm the Walmart near my home have expended to become super walmart and they added a fish dept and tire dept.

As for fish dept, hummmmmmm the Walmart near my home have expended to become super walmart and they added a fish dept and tire dept.

Pacman said pet fish dept and u said fish dept so are we talking about the pet dept as in live animals or fish dept for fishing rods and supplies? I am confused. :confused:

Pacman said pet fish dept and u said fish dept so are we talking about the pet dept as in live animals or fish dept for fishing rods and supplies? I am confused. :confused:

Yup, I said for pet fish dept, not seafood dept.

I think that she's means pet fish dept was added to store in her area.

It's not new, also there's pet fish dept for long time when Wal-Mart is in regular but only different is added food dept.

In my area, Wal-mart don't have fish but have pet supplies. As for fabrics, they do have some nice ones...cheap! I know my fabrics and prices. Jo-Ann's fabric are little expensive and have more selections.

2 or 3 yrs ago, we used to have pet fish with tanks but sadly, someone poisoned them all. The person was arrested for killing all the fish. That's why they don't want any more fish. They don't want that happen again.

Last edited:
then just try shopping at fabric/craft store and probably better than Wal-Mart.

Don't need you tell us , go craft store instead wal-fart..

Wal-fart have great price reasonable... worth it grab and great bargins the crafts sells. So Mind you please don't tell us rest of it..

:)
Craft store may have extreme little pricey completion other stores.

Back