Wal-Mart gets MEANER

I was a people greeter for a few weeks at the Wal*Mart in Rochester, Minnesota...the northern store, and I was pulled into a meeting with my boss (assistant personnel director) and an assistant manager because, ahem, I didn't act like someone stuck a quarter in me and didn't greet a man as much as he wanted me to. I am not kidding! I nearly fell over laughing over it. Guess what else? I no longer shop at that one, as I no longer live in that town! Tee hee :) :scatter:

It's time for us no more buying things at Wal-mart. That's terrible news!

I learned that the company "won't" hire unhealthy people who want to apply for a job at Wal-mart because the company want their employees to work longer hours to make more profits. What a jerk! Why? Some people cannot help it if they get sick.

actually I shop at walmart when I want to but not often cuz it's not near where I live anyways.. but I prefer target over walmart ;)

:ugh: I had no idea that Wal-Mart treats people this way, especially to you Pek 1, that is awful to do that to you!!!!

That is a good idea and boycott Wal-Mart. That is such a shame, because they are a pretty nice store.

webexplorer said:
It's time for us no more buying things at Wal-mart. That's terrible news!

I learned that the company "won't" hire unhealthy people who want to apply for a job at Wal-mart because the company want their employees to work longer hours to make more profits. What a jerk! Why? Some people cannot help it if they get sick.

If they won't hire unhealthy people, the people should file a discrimination lawsuits based on illness the bosses cannot refuse to hire or fire. My friend was working and she has a health problem but they laid her off from Utah and from here. Stupid Wal-Mart. I like some items but I don't like how they treat disabled and unhealthy people. And they should increase more because why working at the same place for three-year with no increase?? It's stupid. <sigh>

"wal mart sucks." -The Rain man.

rain_man.jpg

I have friends who work at Walmart and they have great coverage. Hmm...

my bf Starrygaze work at walmart for almost 6 yrs.. he have health insurance and benefits and everything.. he is Mainteance Support manager. They told him he might be an assistant manager as they nominate him .. dont know if he get the job or not.. we are waiting to hear from his boss..

my friends back in ARk work at walmart and have no plms with them.. I dunno why... Im surprised to hear about this.. dang!

i work at walmart and i'm happy with their benifits.. their health insurance is cheap compare to other business, corp, etc.. their insurance is expensive.

wal-mart is not the only place that does not like to provid health insurance. i worked for a really large home health care agency. you had to have 40 hrs per week in order to get health ins. as soon as you get 40 hrs per week and sign up for health insurance gee...after a month or so...your hours of work are less than 20 per week and you can not get health insurance. i was working 10 hours a week and begging for hours not cuz i wanted ins. but cuz i was living alone and 10 hrs a week being paid 6.50 an hour wasn't good. they'd get my hours up to just under 20 [20 hrs=part=elegable for health coverage] hmmm. and i was not the only one. many many people like me at that place.it's sad in our great country you may just die from lack of health care cuz doctors and hospitals don't want paitents with no insurance. they don't want paitents with medicade either but at least some will take medicade

Being a Union Man, alot of people in the Union suggest that we not shop at Walmart and I don't unless some kind of emergency that I need something from there. Other than that, I go to Target, Price Chopper, or Hannafords.

Also, check out www.walmartmovie.com.

Back