Waffle House-employment :-(

Rollover

Reaction score
Today I went to the Waffle House for part time work. I filed out the entire application and was given a card to call the main headquarters. I do not know why or understand about calling headquarters?

I told the waitress that I am hard of hearing and I couldn't do this. On the card it says "to talk with me personally for personal questions including my SSN" so the waitress took my app in the back room. She came back to me to say the manager does not have time to talk to me right now. Thats it.

I can either wait and hope the manager will find the time to talk to me personally or not get hired. This job was posted at the career center so I do know they have open positions.
What do you think?

Today I went to the Waffle House for part time work. I filed out the entire application and was given a card to call the main headquarters. I do not know why or understand about calling headquarters?

I told the waitress that I am hard of hearing and I couldn't do this. On the card it says "to talk with me personally for personal questions including my SSN" so the waitress took my app in the back room. She came back to me to say the manager does not have time to talk to me right now. Thats it.

I can either wait and hope the manager will find the time to talk to me personally or not get hired. This job was posted at the career center so I do know they have open positions.
What do you think?

Have you tried to find Jobs through the job search agency?

Why can't you call headquarters? Can't you use relay?

informative .....

Okay, got this straighten out with a hearing friend. As it turns out, companies are using this service for employees hiring procedure.
Since I learned the hard way, need to say this; take the card home
and ask a close hearing friend to call for you. I do NOT believe
relay or TTY can handle this call. It's all about timing - it's a 6 minute
call where your answers to the questions is press 1 = yes, press 2 = no,
etc. Have your SSN ready.

My friend got the telephone number and store number to make this call
and covered up my boo-boo yesterday. In the end, they said "congratulations
and here is your confirmation number to take to the store manager"

One question that came up is: what store are you applying for? Assuming
many companies are using this service.

No one even noticed that a man's voice is speaking for a female name!
Hope this helps anyone.
Suzi

VP relay can do this much faster..I had to make a similar call like that yesterday which involved timing and pressing different numbers. Did it with VP realy...no problems at all. Did u try it with a VP realy?

Okay, got this straighten out with a hearing friend. As it turns out, companies are using this service for employees hiring procedure.
Since I learned the hard way, need to say this; take the card home
and ask a close hearing friend to call for you. I do NOT believe
relay or TTY can handle this call. It's all about timing - it's a 6 minute
call where your answers to the questions is press 1 = yes, press 2 = no,
etc. Have your SSN ready.

My friend got the telephone number and store number to make this call
and covered up my boo-boo yesterday. In the end, they said "congratulations
and here is your confirmation number to take to the store manager"

One question that came up is: what store are you applying for? Assuming
many companies are using this service.

No one even noticed that a man's voice is speaking for a female name!
Hope this helps anyone.
Suzi

This might be jumping the gun here, Suzi, but it sounds like corporate interviewed you, it's now the manager's job to put you on the schedule. Yes, you read that right!

Congrats on the new job!!

I guess that Waffle House don't have co-manager (big boss) in fast food buildings but rather to use manager.

VP relay can do this much faster..I had to make a similar call like that yesterday which involved timing and pressing different numbers. Did it with VP realy...no problems at all. Did u try it with a VP realy?

I do not have VP so I wouldn't know but I'm sure glad it worked out for you.
It's good to know that we can handle these things independantly.
thanks for the heads up!

This might be jumping the gun here, Suzi, but it sounds like corporate interviewed you, it's now the manager's job to put you on the schedule. Yes, you read that right!

Congrats on the new job!!

Thanks Pete. Wow! Didn't know it about corporate interviewing me!
Got this down for "what did I learn today"

I guess that Waffle House don't have co-manager (big boss) in fast food buildings but rather to use manager.

Pacman, the asst. manager has no pulls or authority for this kind of major decision. It's now up to the big boss over district? Or something.
I'm still learning!

Thanks Pete. Wow! Didn't know it about corporate interviewing me!
Got this down for "what did I learn today"

Another thing . . . if corporate asked you for your social security number (herein called ssn), this is an automatic hire. Only two forms get that # and the job application is NOT one of them. Only the W-4 and the I-9 has it written on it, unless you are applying for a driver position and it is required by the DOT.

If you haven't heard from the business by the end of today, SuziMaria, call the manager and ask what the status of your application is. If he hims and haws and doesn't give you a direct answer, ask who would be able to answer you. In short, professionally, ask for the job. But, don't settle for what they are offering you . . . ask for a little more, maybe up to the next dollar amount.

Pacman, the asst. manager has no pulls or authority for this kind of major decision. It's now up to the big boss over district? Or something.
I'm still learning!

It seems like similar to EBgames, Gamestop, PacSun, Hot Topic and other small retail like that.

I do not have VP so I wouldn't know but I'm sure glad it worked out for you.
It's good to know that we can handle these things independantly.
thanks for the heads up!

Oh ok...suggestion. VP really makes a difference in handling these kinds of calls but it also depends if u know sign language or not.

Back