Wacky Doctors or Any Strangers!

DelicPumpkPie

Reaction score
Any one of you go to doctor's or any office or anything like that and they ask you questions and you mentioned yes you can drive--- they dropped their jaws and said HOW you can drive? Since you are deaf. Any of you have got that before?

I went to my doctor's appointments for my ears--- that doctor is chinese or japanese I am not sure-- He asked me if I want HA I said no he asked why I just dont want it. He keep asking why. I got so fed up then he asked me wow you can drive and own a car? I was like--- WHAT A WACKY doctor I ever met and he even is angologist doctor!!! Why in the hell that he work there and should know about deaf people and some of deaf culture if can. *rme*

Any of you got this before

DelicPumpkPie said:
Any one of you go to doctor's or any office or anything like that and they ask you questions and you mentioned yes you can drive--- they dropped their jaws and said HOW you can drive? Since you are deaf. Any of you have got that before?

I went to my doctor's appointments for my ears--- that doctor is chinese or japanese I am not sure-- He asked me if I want HA I said no he asked why I just dont want it. He keep asking why. I got so fed up then he asked me wow you can drive and own a car? I was like--- WHAT A WACKY doctor I ever met and he even is angologist doctor!!! Why in the hell that he work there and should know about deaf people and some of deaf culture if can. *rme*

OMG that doc really sounds like he doesnt have any respect for other cultures and etc ack -- thank god no i havent been in that kind of situation but damn if a doc behaved like that to me i would NEVER go back to him and instead go to another doc -- i personally prefer female docs over the males too so yea im pretty picky on the gender of the docs too

whatever u decide DPP -- ur decision is urs alone if u wanted to change doc or not -- :hug:

DelicPumpkPie said:

Damn I wish I could get ha but my audiologist said I was too deaf to wear them. I have no idea , maybe he came from other country who knows.

Geez that dr is sure didnt know but polly hiding in his closet and dont know about us.

I was asked if I can drive and I said Yes. They said how the heck can you hear the siren. HAHAHAHA Why is the mirror there for??

OH YES I meant AUDIOLOGIST! *WHACK my head* Whats wrong with me today! Anyways--- yes! that doc is for audiologist for someone that needs my results that show that I am deaf. THANKS GOD it's not my physician doc! If it's my physician doc FOR SURE I will be changing my doc in ONE SEC! LOL! He also ask me how can you hear things around you when you drive-- I was like USING MY EYES!!! DUH!!!! Feel like to WHACK his head for real! But :-x

DelicPumpkPie said:
OH YES I meant AUDIOLOGIST! *WHACK my head* Whats wrong with me today! Anyways--- yes! that doc is for audiologist for someone that needs my results that show that I am deaf. THANKS GOD it's not my physician doc! If it's my physician doc FOR SURE I will be changing my doc in ONE SEC! LOL! He also ask me how can you hear things around you when you drive-- I was like USING MY EYES!!! DUH!!!! Feel like to WHACK his head for real! But :-x
go back to audiologist and ask him if deaf can't drive regardless of hearing... so therefore does blind can drive since they can hear? then whack his head :slap:

I would go back but I am done with those tests anyways. Too late anyways. *shrugs* But hope not go back again with same doc *blah*

That's never happened to me before. I guess it's cuz my doctor wasn't one of those "OMG! Deaf can drive!?" types. ;)

Back