VRS spam mail?

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Did you sign up for VRS services online? I'm curious do you think they gave out your email address and give you spam mail?

Last year I signed up for purple with an email account that I don't use for online registration. Since last year, I've noticed I have been getting a lot of spam mail every week and month, used to be rare or once a year.

Just curious if VRS companies are sharing or selling members emails?

One time, I did get contacted by an ex-purple employee who got ahold of my number somehow.

They cannot be trusted! Oh my god! Some of the stories that I could tell you... in which I won't because I support VRS companies in their endeavor of removing barriers. I do not want to hinder that progress. Some of them are real dirtbags though.

They cannot be trusted! Oh my god! Some of the stories that I could tell you... in which I won't because I support VRS companies in their endeavor of removing barriers. I do not want to hinder that progress. Some of them are real dirtbags though.

That is not right, but I can't really complain I guess. Free services come with a price so I get what I paid (or not) for.

I have signed up with ZVRS at deafnation... no spams so far, my primary carrier - Sorenson... no spams. Not sure why about the spams you got from Purple. I guess they need some funds to keep afloat...

I do not believe they share the information.

Often spammer just spoofing E mail by making up E mail address and filter out E mail those that return unable delivery they delete them, those that didn't respond or actually respond they keep the e mail address. That is how it works, there are many other ways spammers figure out and/or obtained the e mail addresses. Also, don't forget your facebook might leak E mail address, and so on. I don't think purple did that on purpose, that applies to other relay providers.

Spammer IS EVERYWHERE, all I can do is just filter them and check spam folder once a while to make sure that filter didn't accidentally put legitimate e mail inside spam folder. Spam filter is not 100% reliable.

I overlooked the last sentence, any ex VRS employees are not supposed to keep customers E mail, or any information including 10 digit local number. If that is the case, report to VRS provider. It is very unethical to do such like that and I never thought of doing such like this. I didn't keep the database of customer accounts because they have always and will always be property of VRS provider. I left VRS provider with zero copy of anything and I feel good about respecting others privacy. Good news, Sorenson don't reveal customer's account password to all of their employees. For example if one calls Sorenson employee for password, the only way is to reset the password after all of identity verifications has been verified. About Purple, they do and I don't like this AT ALL. How do I find out? There was a time that I struggling log in P3 and one of employee told me my password and I was like WTF? I rather them unable to find out my password, force to reset my password and I change password on my own. I don't know about the rest of VRS providers.

Last edited:

Often spammer just spoofing E mail by making up E mail address and filter out E mail those that return unable delivery they delete them, those that didn't respond or actually respond they keep the e mail address. That is how it works, there are many other ways spammers figure out and/or obtained the e mail addresses. Also, don't forget your facebook might leak E mail address, and so on. I don't think purple did that on purpose, that applies to other relay providers.
I think I have over 10 different emails to separate what I use to register or sign up for. I don't receive any spam until I start signing up for stuff.. This account doesn't have anything I signed up for it other than purple and deafnation. I signed up for Deafnation like over 4 years ago, purple just last year.

Now there could be a chance some database figured out my email name (it's not something you can commonly figure out online or from generating dictionary words) but I don't feel like that's the case.

One time, I kept getting repeated messages from the ex-purple employee who wanted to talk about some random stuff (I think it was about e911) over a month even after I ignored him. So, that's why I'm starting to suspect Purple.

I could be wrong too, it could be from something else. Like I send email from time to time to some people with this account and maybe their accounts got compromised by spam hackers.

weird i always get spam before i sign up purple. eh. sorry not to able to help your question.

That is not right, but I can't really complain I guess. Free services come with a price so I get what I paid (or not) for.

I don't see it that way. I would be more than happy to pay for services. I want them to keep removing barriers. Unfortunately, it comes at a cost which puts me in a dilemma because that cost is... integrity. I have been cc'ed some of their internal emails. By that I mean... somehow my name got added on some emails that were flying around inside the organization. I of course let them know that I could see what they were saying and... boy... some of it was a doozy. They're dirtbags and I told them what I thought of what they were discussing. Of course, they didn't respond to me but I know and they know I know. Now... I won't share any more details BECAUSE... I need their services more than they need me.

And on one of those emails... they actually cc'ed like a WHOLE BUNCH of people. Holy moley.

Spammer IS EVERYWHERE, all I can do is just filter them and check spam folder once a while to make sure that filter didn't accidentally put legitimate e mail inside spam folder. Spam filter is not 100% reliable.

I overlooked the last sentence, any ex VRS employees are not supposed to keep customers E mail, or any information including 10 digit local number. If that is the case, report to VRS provider. It is very unethical to do such like that and I never thought of doing such like this. I didn't keep the database of customer accounts because they have always and will always be property of VRS provider. I left VRS provider with zero copy of anything and I feel good about respecting others privacy. Good news, Sorenson don't reveal customer's account password to all of their employees. For example if one calls Sorenson employee for password, the only way is to reset the password after all of identity verifications has been verified. About Purple, they do and I don't like this AT ALL. How do I find out? There was a time that I struggling log in P3 and one of employee told me my password and I was like WTF? I rather them unable to find out my password, force to reset my password and I change password on my own. I don't know about the rest of VRS providers.

Explain why Sorenson send signmail to customers about kid's ASL story? Most customers were not happy with signmail.

I used VP-200 from Sorenson. Yes, signmails are spam. It look like bedtime storytellers. Oh, please... I switched to ZVRS device. No spam yet.. But, Sorsonen awoke and heard I switched port to ZVRS. Sorenson VPed me for offer free nTouch PC device twice. I hung up.

This is not e mail. its completely different than E mail. There is no e mail address used on that one. If it is really E mail did it show up on your e mail box?

If you don't like this, then e mail VRScomments@sorenson.com

Signmail and video center is separate, if you don't like then ignore videocenter. Signmail is the message left by VRS and point to point.

Im telling you, really no big deal, I'm getting same shits from Verizonwireless on my smartphone I just delete them. Even worse, I pay premium and still getting spam from them anyway.

It amazes me that since they get free equipment yet complaining about spam. Almost every sites that offer free services, they always put advertisement in front. Want ads free? Pay em up. I know it is not possible with Sorenson, but AT LEAST access to telecommunications exists and they cost nothing. You know, every newspaper, online news, and so forth all have advertisement in exchange for free news online and cheap subscription to newspaper, and TV news, always have advertisement. I can go on if you wish me to.

BTW there are many people that want them. Because of this, that is why no more both in one folder, so two folders which is Signmail and Videocenter and once again if you don't like these DNK whatever then ignore videocenter and I don't believe it will show up on your regular E mail box, but for signmail customer can choose to get signmail though E mail or not. More flexible choices here.

Explain why Sorenson send signmail to customers about kid's ASL story? Most customers were not happy with signmail.

Last edited:
If that is the case, contact purple and complain. They seems don't have a direct contact information for complaints where limited number of employees has access. I did get the address and it seems that just any employees would see it which is not good. If this don't work, file complaint with FCC.

Sorenson, using VRScomments@sorenson only limited number (Really not many) of employees has access to that e mail box. I never had access to them, and I like the way they control e mail privacy.

I think I have over 10 different emails to separate what I use to register or sign up for. I don't receive any spam until I start signing up for stuff.. This account doesn't have anything I signed up for it other than purple and deafnation. I signed up for Deafnation like over 4 years ago, purple just last year.

Now there could be a chance some database figured out my email name (it's not something you can commonly figure out online or from generating dictionary words) but I don't feel like that's the case.

One time, I kept getting repeated messages from the ex-purple employee who wanted to talk about some random stuff (I think it was about e911) over a month even after I ignored him. So, that's why I'm starting to suspect Purple.

I could be wrong too, it could be from something else. Like I send email from time to time to some people with this account and maybe their accounts got compromised by spam hackers.

Last edited:
I used VP-200 from Sorenson. Yes, signmails are spam. It look like bedtime storytellers. Oh, please... I switched to ZVRS device. No spam yet.. But, Sorsonen awoke and heard I switched port to ZVRS. Sorenson VPed me for offer free nTouch PC device twice. I hung up.

Now the n touch have a seperate signmail and "video center" icons. much better then both in same place making thier storytimes look like spam crap.

This is not e mail. its completely different than E mail. There is no e mail address used on that one. If it is really E mail did it show up on your e mail box?

If you don't like this, then e mail VRScomments@sorenson.com

Signmail and video center is separate, if you don't like then ignore videocenter. Signmail is the message left by VRS and point to point.

Im telling you, really no big deal, I'm getting same shits from Verizonwireless on my smartphone I just delete them. Even worse, I pay premium and still getting spam from them anyway.

It amazes me that since they get free equipment yet complaining about spam. Almost every sites that offer free services, they always put advertisement in front. Want ads free? Pay em up. I know it is not possible with Sorenson, but AT LEAST access to telecommunications exists and they cost nothing. You know, every newspaper, online news, and so forth all have advertisement in exchange for free news online and cheap subscription to newspaper, and TV news, always have advertisement. I can go on if you wish me to.

BTW there are many people that want them. Because of this, that is why no more both in one folder, so two folders which is Signmail and Videocenter and once again if you don't like these DNK whatever then ignore videocenter and I don't believe it will show up on your regular E mail box, but for signmail customer can choose to get signmail though E mail or not. More flexible choices here.

I never said Email. I said Signmail and it still spam like hell. No one subscribe ASL story in first place. I don't see unsubscribe anywhere. When you see the red LED mean new message then open and ohh it was just another ASL story. Annoying. Good thing ZVRS never spam and happy with it.

I never had spam from my Verizon for over 7 years. convo and ZVRS never spam any message at all. Just Sorenson that I know so far which not good.

With my Sorenson VRS, I received Video mails like kids story or other entertainment, If you wish not to received any of thos video, all you have to contact CIR and they will be happy to stop it. That what I did for my work and home since I don't have kids at home and work!

So, now I no longer receive this. Clean and done.

Yeah, not everybody that dislike them. Some of them wants them, others don't want to. I don't see why not e mail VRScomments@Sorenson.com or contact CIR. Either way will work. Complaining elsewhere won't get result.

With my Sorenson VRS, I received Video mails like kids story or other entertainment, If you wish not to received any of thos video, all you have to contact CIR and they will be happy to stop it. That what I did for my work and home since I don't have kids at home and work!

So, now I no longer receive this. Clean and done.

I never said Email. I said Signmail and it still spam like hell. No one subscribe ASL story in first place. I don't see unsubscribe anywhere. When you see the red LED mean new message then open and ohh it was just another ASL story. Annoying. Good thing ZVRS never spam and happy with it.

I never had spam from my Verizon for over 7 years. convo and ZVRS never spam any message at all. Just Sorenson that I know so far which not good.

ASL story or Deaf Network Channel or Deaf Cooking show or Deaf Sign News does not turn on red LED when there is a new one.

If you are getting red LED then call tech support, You should only get red LED on "Missed Calls" and "personal SignMail" only.

I think you can call customer service and ask them to opt out those Deaf channels and news.

ASL story or Deaf Network Channel or Deaf Cooking show or Deaf Sign News does not turn on red LED when there is a new one.

If you are getting red LED then call tech support, You should only get red LED on "Missed Calls" and "personal SignMail" only.

I think you can call customer service and ask them to opt out those Deaf channels and news.

Which one? VP200 or Ntouch? VP200 still red LED for SignMail AND ASL story. Plus tired of waiting for nTouch and gave up and switched to Z-20 for good and very happy with it. Too many of my friends live in my local and they still waiting for nTouch too.

Back