VRS for Teleseminars?

Deafbiz

Reaction score
Is it permissible to use VRS to interpret a teleseminar?

If so, how is it done?

Thanks,
JSG

Judy,

Thats VRI and VRS dont allow it being used as VRI.

Richard

That's what I wondered before. I would like to know more.

So what is VRI?

Is it Video Relay Interpreter?

web730 said:
That's what I wondered before. I would like to know more.

So what is VRI?

Is it Video Relay Interpreter?

vri video remote interpreting where deaf and hearing persons sits in same room like medical visit or lawyer office

You can use VRS for a teleconference... as long as you would have normally used a telephone to participate then it's ok.

Daryl

darylcrouse said:
You can use VRS for a teleconference... as long as you would have normally used a telephone to participate then it's ok.

Daryl

There's a difference between a tele SEMINAR and a tele-CONFERENCE. They're two different things.

A teleseminar is a virtual representation of a physical person being in a seminar room, standing before an audience and giving a lecture. There is usually no telephone involved, and hearing people are usually in the same location as the person who would be giving the presentation.

Since there is no telephone involved, you cannot use VRS for this. The FCC has been pretty clear that using VRS to serve as remote interpreters for someone in the same room is not allowed.

true... good point... it definately depends on what the normal process is for the event... if it would not normally have a telephone used then it would probably not fit the use of VRS..

hope you have a successful seminar either way..

Daryl

Back