Vpad to VP100 or VP 200 - how to's ???

YOMAN

Reaction score
I got Vpad and like it so far.

Vpad tech support seems not really want to help me how to call to my friends or to my home from Vpad to VP 200 that i m not really surprised.

Can any one please help me out ??

I was not sure but i m think thats cuz i have 2 IP address (VP200 and wireless Vpad) at same time while i m home, trying to call my friend VP200, they said they can see me but i can NOT see them, its blank black screen.

I have not to bring it to some area that offer WIFI to TEST yet.

So, how can i solve this issue from HOME?

Thank you!
YOMAN!

I got Vpad and like it so far.

Vpad tech support seems not really want to help me how to call to my friends or to my home from Vpad to VP 200 that i m not really surprised.

Can any one please help me out ??

I was not sure but i m think thats cuz i have 2 IP address (VP200 and wireless Vpad) at same time while i m home, trying to call my friend VP200, they said they can see me but i can NOT see them, its blank black screen.

I have not to bring it to some area that offer WIFI to TEST yet.

So, how can i solve this issue from HOME?

Thank you!
YOMAN!

I believe it's the port forward issue, I've had the same problem if you calling on your own router from your VPAD to another VP-200, it will conflict. It froze on my end so I had to use my VP-200 to call. if you use other Wifi, it may work? :dunno:

As for the black screen on Vp-200, that happens to me from time to time, what I do is unplug router for a minute and plug it back. This is a "soft reset" and it will go back to normal. That's what I do when that happens.

Myself have Viable and VP200 and it work prefect! It do little jerk on VPAD a little but overcome will great.

You will need set up for VP200 as port forward. Let me know what name of router wireless or you can pim me. I am more happy to assist you.

Viable technical support should help you with port forward part with VPAD. Sorry that you have deal with that simple technical issue.

The black screen common problem is wrong or incorrect firewall with UDP ports

got tech support thru an fowrd port worked out BUUUTTT i still have some issue to call VP 200 i noticed if i ask for IP addy, it works fine but not 10 dig # so i just puzzled i guess i will lkeep learning about it :)

Thank you

hey

Make sure you disable "Use outgoing gateway" in settings.

Also, if ip address works but phone number does not then that means the central database is having issues. Right now, VRSs are still tweaking interop issues...

(Remember now all companies have to update a central database with the phone number and ip/port)

Also, I noticed that vp200 takes sometime before being able to call a vpad that just logged in.

Done...but its the same...Its trange, when i wired it and it works flawless!! only problem is wireless....whatever LOL!! Ill ask my friends and figure it out.

Thanks!
YOMAN!

Sure, the wireless behaves pretty much like the lighthouse on the coast, but at faster rate yet not enough for some equipment especially VP itself. That is why I am sticking with Wired version for reliablity purpose.

I tend to use lighthouse as it is excellent example, if the lights goes out there is no connection. When it comes back on, sometimes the equipment wireless adapter not response soon enough before the next light out. That is exact what is happening on wireless.

Compared to wired where they are constantly ON at all the times making it more realiable than wireless.

Done...but its the same...Its trange, when i wired it and it works flawless!! only problem is wireless....whatever LOL!! Ill ask my friends and figure it out.

Thanks!
YOMAN!

Ahh i see.. ok thanks diehardbiker...Have you add any mods on your Jeep eh? Altas II ? NV4500 ? v8 ehehe ??

YOMAN

Not yet! Everything is pretty much orignal and it goes off road with charm.

I do plan to lift em, maybe 3 inches then throw in 33 inches swamper tires and nice winch in front then add high lighter then I'm happy.

Ahh i see.. ok thanks diehardbiker...Have you add any mods on your Jeep eh? Altas II ? NV4500 ? v8 ehehe ??

YOMAN

LOL! money pit for jeep eh?? Why not Clayton long arms? its sweet lift kit. WHy not throw in 35 irok eh? what axle are you running, i forget ?

No, it is not even money pit! I haven't put in much lately, except gas which isn't too bad.

I got Dana 44, with 3.75, sweet! I could throw in locker if I want to.

I best stop going off topic.. so PM, ok?

LOL! money pit for jeep eh?? Why not Clayton long arms? its sweet lift kit. WHy not throw in 35 irok eh? what axle are you running, i forget ?

which

Sure, the wireless behaves pretty much like the lighthouse on the coast, but at faster rate yet not enough for some equipment especially VP itself. That is why I am sticking with Wired version for reliablity purpose.

I tend to use lighthouse as it is excellent example, if the lights goes out there is no connection. When it comes back on, sometimes the equipment wireless adapter not response soon enough before the next light out. That is exact what is happening on wireless.

Compared to wired where they are constantly ON at all the times making it more realiable than wireless.

I am disagreed with you.

The ethernet cable done worn out and issue. I see lot customers have issue with ethernet cable due move too much, pets, accident, etc..

I noticed Windows is very slow to connection the wireless but OS X is very quick like 0.5-1 seconds.

Illustrator: Blog-alloon » Turn your Sorenson VP into wireless
It's work great for year. Also I used wireless for 6 years. It's work great!

Wired is perfect for idiot-proof setup. Si?

okkkk

So, here is the thing..

VPAD and MVP have wireless 11g this is not designed for media transport (ie video) therefore quality on these mediums is bad.

802.11g does not have many of the improvements introduced on 802.11n

also signal strength and noise ratio are very crappy on 802.11g

Right now, even with new technologies such as .11n it is difficult to stream hd media over wireless.. and there are a few devices that claim to do so over .11n

So, in simple words...

802.11g you will have a lot of packet losss, this means choppy , pixelized video.. low fps etc

802.11n is a LOT better and you should be able to maintain an adequate quality during a call...

I would suggest anyone looking for a reliable VP with decent quality to either go WIRED or buy one of those Gaming adapter 802.11n and get a matching router that supports .11n as well. To take advantage of proprietary technology choose same brand router / adapter

So, here is the thing..

VPAD and MVP have wireless 11g this is not designed for media transport (ie video) therefore quality on these mediums is bad.

802.11g does not have many of the improvements introduced on 802.11n

Right now, even with new technologies such as .11n it is difficult to stream hd media over wireless.. and there are a few devices that claim to do so over .11n

So, in simple words...

802.11g you will have a lot of packet losss, this means choppy , pixelized video.. low fps etc

802.11n is a LOT better and you should be able to maintain an adequate quality during a call...

I would suggest anyone looking for a reliable VP with decent quality to either go WIRED or buy one of those Gaming adapter 802.11n and get a matching router that supports .11n as well. To take advantage of proprietary technology choose same brand router / adapter

Please read the link FIRST.

Start with called Sorenson Video Relay Service (SVRS) as test; it appears the video running smooth without lag. Impressive… So, I decide to try calling my friend in videophone with long-term conversation. There is no lag, too. I must say I’m glad it works great.
NOTE: I haven’t change anything on VP-200’s setting

STATUS
• Wireless up to 100 feet CHECK
• Allow make incoming and outcoming call CHECK
Free-lag within hour CHECK
• Private and alone in room CHECK

He said no lags so far.

NOTE: If you live big home, you would want either to have 802.11n wireless equipment or antenna boost for 802.11g. It’s bit expensive. Network security is important to protect your Internet from have someone steal it. Oh yeah, you also can set gaming adapter with VPAD for room to use. (not carry around)

We already know about Wifi N and depend what range you need.
:slap:

Heard of wireless channel?

Any wireless frequency are same wireless channel that cause noise and drop. So you need change the wireless channel to improving your wireless. Did you know that?

Well

It depends on the quality of the wifi adapter. I am an engineer and work on this sort of devices (Embedded devices like for example videphones). I tell you with confidence that 11g is not good for video conferencing... unless you do some crappy resolution.

Of course, the codec plays a very important part on this equation. Sorenson specializes on video codecs therefore a VP200 with a high packet loss will ALWAYS look better than VPAD or MVP.

The channel is just to avoid collision with other wireless devices. It does not help if you move the device across rooms. Walls decrease the quality of the signal.

Either way, it is my professional advice. Take it or leave it is up to you :)

Just hate seeing people disappointed when they first try any video phone over wireless and dont achieve a satisfactory video quality :)

Either way, the wifi adapter inside MVP and VPAD is not really good so don't expect much

Do you have any idea how much bandwidth do Sorenson Vp200 need?

VP200's default 256kbps is not enough for WIFI G's 54 Mbit/s? It don't make any sense to me.

Depend what kind of the walls. Wifi G still work great thru two walls like Illustrator's blog and no loss the pictures yet.

yes

As I said before sorenson codec is the best codec out there.

Sorenson is one of the biggest companies doing research on video compression.

Ofc at 256 you will be able to carry on a conversation on a vp200.
Although, vp200 plugged to a lcd tv looks like crap.

Lots of people jhave their vp200 connected to a CRT tv so that helps out a lot.
crt has lower resolution.

Anyway, mvp or vpad @ 256 if both parties are on wifi it is destined to FAIL.

As I said before sorenson codec is the best codec out there.
Anyway, mvp or vpad @ 256 if both parties are on wifi it is destined to FAIL.

me says this many many times before no one support believe me now ddd say same thing

mvp vpad h323 suck over wifi soresnon codec best

The ethernet cable done worn out and issue. I see lot customers have issue with ethernet cable due move too much, pets, accident, etc..

Wired is perfect for idiot-proof setup. Si?

ethernet cable not made for move move around if move around lot get strand ethernet cable not solid ethernet cable

you listen to DDD say

Back