Vp??

Southern

Reaction score
Probably an easy question. How does a hearing person go about getting a VP? I have my SK and the computer but several of my friends recently have asked if I have a VP and said they wished I did, especially ones that are attending Gally. So how do I get one? How much do they cost for a hearing person?

planning on getting a vp?......... well good luck on that one........ cuz I use to have one and gave up on it........ nothing but too much problems with it vp 100 is NO GOOD!... but I hear that VP 200 is pretty good but takes forever to get one ....... so i suggest you contact Sorenson VRS

You can go buy vp at Best Buy. My sister is hearing too she wanted one for us chat in vp. I did called Sorenson. They not accepted it so told me that buy vp at Best Buy store. I looked there cost $200.00 around...

Thanks everyone for your help!! Really appreciate it. Heath I like your signature banner.

If i buy one at best buy will i have to have some one set it up, like sorenson, or do i just hook it up to the internet? What about my VP address? I went on Best Buy's website but didn't find one. =(

Wha...a greedy sorenson company?
Refuse to sell the product of sorenson vp200? Why not Sorenson get $ profit and better service community and hearing people who know SIGN ASL.. why not?
Worth for benefits!

Sorenson company aren't think twice if vp200 broken and replace cost lot of money repair and giving away free to Deaf people in america.. not even think about other countries who Deaf people really want get sorenson vp200 so badly!!! So am I really wanted buy sorenson vp200 instead 100 in Canada!

I heard sorenson company are giving away vp100 to Canadian people but run out limit.. that stoooooooooooopid!
Still not good enough marketting..
I giving you this company Huge thumb down!! tell ya!
Im not happy w/sorenson company stole Canadian Hearing people who interpreter and already moved into USA their offers awesome.. why not even think twice Deaf canadian people need an interpreter in Canada. Who Deaf Canadian people really not happy with sorenson company from USA.

Okay I went to sorenson's website and there is nothing there about buying one, only to apply to get a free one. It also says nothing about hearing getting one. RRRRR how annoying. If i bought a webcam and downloaded Sorenson EnVision SL software would that work just as good as a VP?

Simple.. apply for VP 100/200. More likely you will get VP 200 because you will be a first timer. You can easily pass up as hard of hearing person with fluent ASL skills. Some of hearing/hh people did apply for VP 100/200 themselves as well.

Why not hurt trying that? :giggle:

Simple.. apply for VP 100/200. More likely you will get VP 200 because you will be a first timer. You can easily pass up as hard of hearing person with fluent ASL skills. Some of hearing/hh people did apply for VP 100/200 themselves as well.

Wouldn't Sorenson require some kind of documentation signed by a physician or ENT stating that a person is hard of hearing or Deaf?

Wha...a greedy sorenson company?
Refuse to sell the product of sorenson vp200? Why not Sorenson get $ profit and better service community and hearing people who know SIGN ASL.. why not?
Worth for benefits!

Sorenson company aren't think twice if vp200 broken and replace cost lot of money repair and giving away free to Deaf people in america.. not even think about other countries who Deaf people really want get sorenson vp200 so badly!!! So am I really wanted buy sorenson vp200 instead 100 in Canada!

I heard sorenson company are giving away vp100 to Canadian people but run out limit.. that stoooooooooooopid!
Still not good enough marketting..
I giving you this company Huge thumb down!! tell ya!
Im not happy w/sorenson company stole Canadian Hearing people who interpreter and already moved into USA their offers awesome.. why not even think twice Deaf canadian people need an interpreter in Canada. Who Deaf Canadian people really not happy with sorenson company from USA.

Yes, Right that's why my sister upset it. Because Sorenson is a the policy and FCC.

Other people have suggested that but i cannot do that. I would feel wrong. I try to do right as much as i can. I am not the best person but at least i can say i am honest. And i am not downing anyone for doing that or suggesting it, it's just not for me.

Wouldn't Sorenson require some kind of documentation signed by a physician or ENT stating that a person is hard of hearing or Deaf?

No, I wasn't aware that when I got VP 100 almost one year ago.

Ok, I have a question.. suppose if RCD who is hearing and fluent in ASL, but she/he will get VP 200 when state government approves us getting VP 200 for contacting with clients, doctors, etc. I wonder if Sorenson people have realized that. :ugh3: (FYI, in NJ, there are few hearing RCDs with ASL skills, even only three are interpreters who work as RCDs, I am not joking).

Back