vp for hearing people?

sima1289

Reaction score
can hearing people even buy vp's?

Yes

There are several Sorenson compatible VP's. Dlink i2eye is one. You will need to buy a VP that uses the SIP protocol. There are even some that will will turn your computer into a "VP". If you have a webcam, then you can use the xlite softphone to make sip video calls (i have not done this, but the xlite does support webcams).

With the i2eye and other VP's you will need to call the IP address of the other endpoint.

Shane

What is a vp's? I am not up todate with all the new tech out today!

vp = video phone. don't worry, i know pretty much nothing about them either...just that most of my deaf friends have them, and i want to be able to practice signing with them, but i'm hearing, so...yeah

I don't see why not. Unless they require you to show medical documentation proving deafness to buy a VP.

thanks!

question about vp's though: do you have to have an interpreter during a vp session if both people know how to sign? is there an option on any of these downloadable vp's to not use an interpreter?
I have only tried the one by Viable and HOVRS/Purple. They both have the option where you don't have to use the relay services.

I have only tried the one by Viable and HOVRS/Purple. They both have the option where you don't have to use the relay services.

ok, :ty: SO MUCH! i d/led the hovrsWidget. i can't wait to use this! :-D

LOL Brian why give her a link to a company under investigating and going under ???? Geesh Dude !!!

Go to Sorenson and get their link for the webcam video relay..

i've been to the sorenson site, but where do i go on the site to find out about the webcam video relay?

LOL Brian why give her a link to a company under investigating and going under ???? Geesh Dude !!!

Go to Sorenson and get their link for the webcam video relay..

I thought Sorenson no longer using the webcam software anymore? Geesh, I forgot the name of the software that Sorenson no longer uses now anymore...

I thought Sorenson no longer using the webcam software anymore? Geesh, I forgot the name of the software that Sorenson no longer uses now anymore...

Envision SL and it doesn't work anymore.

I think you will be fine with hovrs widget. P3 you can get your own 10 digit local number. If you do this, you can make p2p call, no terp. p3 is free to download and no cost for number. It is good that your deaf and signing friends can call you on your computer, no vp required. You just need computer and a webcam. You can also use i711 video relay. You may also need your own 10 digit number for this - not sure. You could ask Nathan, Chevy57, jclarke, or maybe Wiley?? I think they could answer this really well.

I think you will be fine with hovrs widget. P3 you can get your own 10 digit local number. If you do this, you can make p2p call, no terp. p3 is free to download and no cost for number. It is good that your deaf and signing friends can call you on your computer, no vp required. You just need computer and a webcam. You can also use i711 video relay. You may also need your own 10 digit number for this - not sure. You could ask Nathan, Chevy57, jclarke, or maybe Wiley?? I think they could answer this really well.

i downloaded hovrswidget, but i haven't gotten a chance to make sure it works (i've been so busy with college! haha). but how do i make the option to not use an interpreter?

any of the people listed above (nathan, chevy57, jclarke, wiley): help? haha

Must be hearing impaired customers to get free P3 download software and get new purple numbers when they have been applied. That s following FCC regulations.

FCC has adopted rules that require VRS and IP Relay users to obtain a “real” ten-digit telephone number to place and receive calls using VRS and IP Relay.

Must be hearing impaired customers to get free P3 download software and get new purple numbers when they have been applied. That s following FCC regulations.

FCC has adopted rules that require VRS and IP Relay users to obtain a “real” ten-digit telephone number to place and receive calls using VRS and IP Relay.

so does that mean that the widget won't work for me? even though i made an account on the hovrs site and registered a number?

Aww. Maybe you could use ooVoo or instant messenger. No terp there.

Aww. Maybe you could use ooVoo or instant messenger. No terp there.

i can use oovoo/im for 1 of my deaf friends because she has a computer w/ a webcam, but my other deaf friend doesn't have a laptop, and he goes to boarding school...i think he only has vp...

:(

Back