VP and Linksys routers

dkf747

Reaction score
I've noticed that certain routers have trouble with the VP-100. Sorenson used to have a list of them on their site, but it's gone now. Anyone know why some routers just don't work well with the VP-100?

dkf747 said:
I've noticed that certain routers have trouble with the VP-100. Sorenson used to have a list of them on their site, but it's gone now. Anyone know why some routers just don't work well with the VP-100?
I use a Lynksys BEFSX41 router/firewall with my vp100 and have no problems. I am not sure of any technical reasons that a given router wouldn't work. Maybe the list is gone because they figured out how to make them work properly.

My router sucks, it disconnects me every few hours. My boyfriend have tried troubleshooting and nothing works. I think we need a different router for my VP...my router is SR-200.

Oh my goodness I had SR-200 and I toss that out. I had a problem with it twice.
So I brought d-link router and I havent had a problem with it yet.

Older Linksys router would work well with VP, that is if you look bottom of the router and if you can see "Cisco" in there, then it is NOT compatible with VP. Cisco bought Linksys and decided that its too much security risk with H.232 protocol, so delete them.... thus making it incompatible with VP.

LuciaDisturbed said:
My router sucks, it disconnects me every few hours. My boyfriend have tried troubleshooting and nothing works. I think we need a different router for my VP...my router is SR-200.

Try Dlink 602. I have no problem at home so far...

My friend as a Dlink installer told me that SR-200 is the problem...

LuciaDisturbed said:

Is your firmware inside SR-200 updated to 1.1 version from 1.0 ?

diehardbiker65 said:
Older Linksys router would work well with VP, that is if you look bottom of the router and if you can see "Cisco" in there, then it is NOT compatible with VP. Cisco bought Linksys and decided that its too much security risk with H.232 protocol, so delete them.... thus making it incompatible with VP.

I'd like to read more about that, got a link?

My old BEFSR41 worked fine with VP, but the WFCT54g v.2 would not work. I now have a D-Link WBR-1310 that works perfectly. My friend has a new linksys combo router/cable modem and his VP only works with it for calling out. He can't recieve calls with it.

I contacted them, they gave me answer that they decided to delete that protocol which is critical to VP, they think it is not necessary!
WTF?

BEFSR41 without CISCO logo in bottom of router WILL work no problem, but with that logo, won't work! Do NOT ever try to upgrade your Linksys router, otherwise they will delete that critical protocol!

dkf747 said:
I'd like to read more about that, got a link?

My old BEFSR41 worked fine with VP, but the WFCT54g v.2 would not work. I now have a D-Link WBR-1310 that works perfectly. My friend has a new linksys combo router/cable modem and his VP only works with it for calling out. He can't recieve calls with it.

IloveVP said:
Is your firmware inside SR-200 updated to 1.1 version from 1.0 ?

Not sure. My boyfriend said something about having updated it, so I will have to ask him.

Back