Votes: 81 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 34.6%
  • I dont know

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
I vote no.

cuz it's not natural.

What a silly statement. Of course it's natural, or it wouldn't be. While you might not like it to be so, homosexuality exists in nature. And the last I checked, humans are part of nature.

Even for those of you who argue the point from a religious perspective, answer me this: does your God make mistakes? Who are you to judge which of His creations is imperfect?

Think of it as natural population control, if you want. :) (Although, many gay people DO have children.)

That's my opinion what I believe what is right and best for future. We fear that gay marriage would ruin institute of marriage. And gay marriage would encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people makes you tall. (notice that gay/lesbian have jump fast within 10 years? I guess you don't)

You poor misguided creature.

The notion of "preserving the sanctity of marriage" is utterly absurd. To me, it's just another example of the 'circle the wagons' mentality where "the privileged" get to say, "I have something, and YOU can't have it! It's mine, mine, ALL MINE!"

Good grief, grow up. We teach our children to play nicer than this.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with extending the same concept of marriage between a man and a woman to homosexual, loving couples.

And while we're on the topic, what on earth are you exactly defending marriage FROM? The vile, evil that is homosexuality? Pahlease. How hypocritical is it to talk about defending the traditional concept of family when what you're really doing is denying that very tradition to those who WANT to enter into matrimony. At least call it what it really is, if you're going to put a title on there... it's not the DEFENSE of Marriage Act, its the DENIAL of Marriage Act.

For those of you that want to 'defend' the 'sacred' institution that is marriage, I think a better use of your time and resources would be spent figuring out a way to do something about our nation's divorce rate. Deadbeat dads. That kind of thing. Somehow, straight folks have managed to mess things up quite handily on their own in that regard without any help from gays and lesbians.

And for those arguing their point from a religious perspective: spare me. Until you can prove that YOU live the EXACT word of the Bible, word for word, including every single prohibition in Leviticus, etc... any argument you raise - using 'God's word'/the bible as your answer - isn't worth the pixels on the screen used to display it.

I'm sick to death of how some people pick and choose their scriptures to serve their own personal whims and prejudices. Therein lies greater evil that they'd ever have us believe homosexuality is.

And what's this lunacy about hanging around tall people? Are you living in Narnia?? Middle Earth, perhaps??

The notion of "preserving the sanctity of marriage" is utterly absurd. To me, it's just another example of the 'circle the wagons' mentality where "the privileged" get to say, "I have something, and YOU can't have it! It's mine, mine, ALL MINE!"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with extending the same concept of marriage between a man and a woman to homosexual, loving couples.

And while we're on the topic, what on earth are you exactly defending marriage FROM? The vile, evil that is homosexuality? Pahlease. How hypocritical is it to talk about defending the traditional concept of family when what you're really doing is denying that very tradition to those who WANT to enter into matrimony. At least call it what it really is, if you're going to put a title on there... it's not the DEFENSE of Marriage Act, its the DENIAL of Marriage Act.

For those of you that want to 'defend' the 'sacred' institution that is marriage, I think a better use of your time and resources would be spent figuring out a way to do something about our nation's divorce rate. Deadbeat dads. That kind of thing. Somehow, straight folks have managed to mess things up quite handily on their own in that regard without any help from gays and lesbians.

And for those arguing their point from a religious perspective: spare me. Until you can prove that YOU live the EXACT word of the Bible, word for word, including every single prohibition in Leviticus, etc... any argument you raise - using 'God's word'/the bible as your answer - isn't worth the pixels on the screen used to display it.

I'm sick to death of how some people pick and choose their scriptures to serve their own personal whims and prejudices. Therein lies greater evil that they'd ever have us believe homosexuality is.

And what's this lunacy about hanging around tall people? Are you living in Narnia?? Middle Earth, perhaps??

:bowlol: to that last statement!

What a silly statement. Of course it's natural, or it wouldn't be. While you might not like it to be so, homosexuality exists in nature. And the last I checked, humans are part of nature.

Even for those of you who argue the point from a religious perspective, answer me this: does your God make mistakes? Who are you to judge which of His creations is imperfect?

Think of it as natural population control, if you want. :) (Although, many gay people DO have children.)

Hmmm? My god?

Look... I'm saying it's not natural because penis doesn't fit in penis or pussy even pussy fit to pussy. It's like wrong geometry.

Let saying... you send gay to new planets, and can they provide people to make life? NO. It's not natural. Simple logical. Where is your brain?

I thought that's funny when someone decide to disagree and you decide to attack. WTF?

Hmmm? My god?

Look... I'm saying it's not natural because penis doesn't fit in penis or pussy even pussy fit to pussy. It's like wrong geometry.

Let saying... you send gay to new planets, and can they provide people to make life? NO. It's not natural. Simple logical. Where is your brain?

I thought that's funny when someone decide to disagree and you decide to attack. WTF?

The problem with your argument is... we're not talking about gays having the right to procreate with one another. That's physically impossible, as you point out. (Although, gays have plenty of sex, and gay people can still have children.)

The poll, and the argument, are about gays getting the right to marry. Separate issue, altogether. What is it with you people who fixate on gay sex? Gay marriage is not about gay sex. Homosexuality, as a sexual orientation, is not just about gay sex. It's possible to talk about someone being straight without constantly fixating on the thought of their cock going in someone's pussy... so why can't you extend the same courtesy to gay people?

And if you have a problem being "attacked", then perhaps you might find alternate ways to make your argument, without making disparaging remarks about gay people being unnatural. That's about as offensive to a gay person as telling a deaf person they are not "normal", due to their deafness.

The problem with your argument is... we're not talking about gays having the right to procreate with one another. That's physically impossible, as you point out. (Although, gays have plenty of sex, and gay people can still have children.)

The poll, and the argument, are about gays getting the right to marry. Separate issue, altogether. What is it with you people who fixate on gay sex? Gay marriage is not about gay sex. Homosexuality, as a sexual orientation, is not just about gay sex. It's possible to talk about someone being straight without constantly fixating on the thought of their cock going in someone's pussy... so why can't you extend the same courtesy to gay people?

And if you have a problem being "attacked", then perhaps you might find alternate ways to make your argument, without making disparaging remarks about gay people being unnatural. That's about as offensive to a gay person as telling a deaf person they are not "normal", due to their deafness.

:thumb: U are good at debating your points! Wish I was that good! :giggle:

Did someone being cry baby and tell you to fire back to me? Frankly, I don't understand what you saying, cuz your English is too much for me. I think you're hearing. How unfair.

BTW, I don't use from the bible, not much into religion. I guess you have misjudge me. I'm leave.

Did someone being cry baby and tell you to fire back to me? Frankly, I don't understand what you saying, cuz your English is too much for me. I think you're hearing. How unfair.

BTW, I don't use from the bible, not much into religion. I guess you have misjudge me. I'm leave.

That is why this is a debate..we fire back at each other about our opinions or points. Sometimes, it can get out of hand but it makes it interesting. Guess u dont have the facts to justify your argument?

Did someone being cry baby and tell you to fire back to me? Frankly, I don't understand what you saying, cuz your English is too much for me. I think you're hearing. How unfair..

So, m3lissa, you support the idea that Deaf people must type bad English? You're supporting the system of audism in this way. I am profoundly deaf and understood perfectly what he said. Whether a person is deaf or hearing has nothing to do with his language aptitude and grammatical skills.

So, m3lissa, you support the idea that Deaf people must type bad English? You're supporting the system of audism in this way. I am profoundly deaf and understood perfectly what he said. Whether a person is deaf or hearing has nothing to do with his language aptitude and grammatical skills.

My thoughts exactly...I am deaf and I could understand what IntheGenes was saying perfectly.

wisconsin

i just wanted to let you all know that im from wisconsin.........and im ashamed that the ammendment got passed here......i thought we were more openminded then a lot of places ive been to...but apparently i was wrong.....i know that this quote will say a lot to anyone here who's for gay marriage rights!!

"no goverment has the right to tell its people when or whom to love. the only "queer" people are those who dont love anybody" rita mae brown.

i just wanted to let you all know that im from wisconsin.........and im ashamed that the ammendment got passed here......i thought we were more openminded then a lot of places ive been to...but apparently i was wrong.....i know that this quote will say a lot to anyone here who's for gay marriage rights!!

"no goverment has the right to tell its people when or whom to love. the only "queer" people are those who dont love anybody" rita mae brown.
I agree with you what Rita Mae Brown's comment. I like it

why gay marriage should be banned...NOT!!!!

thanks redhead......... i just wanted to add....it it perfectly normal to be gay...in some animal species....its more normal to be gay than straight (giraffes)...i also wanted to post this list about gay marriage...make sure you read the thing if you comment!! repost this if you think marriage = love!!

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is (NOT) Wrong

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

I voted yes. It'd be weird if I voted no since I just "formed a civil partnership" a month ago with my wife in the UK.

Back