• Kerry

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bree said:
Kerry goes to Church very often.
Are you just counting the times Kerry sits quietly worshipping in his pew as a regular congregant, or are you also counting the times he steps up to the pulpit to give a political speech during the service?

Bush does not.
I don't know his real reasons, do you?
Here are some possible things to think about:
1. security (especially since 9/11)
2. distracting from the preaching
3. finding a church in the DC area that meets his spiritual needs (liberal churches preaching "social gospel" are in the majority)
4. spending many weekends travelling or out of town
5. criticism that he shows up at a church just for political benefit

Going to church is one of the more important acts of faith.
Yes. It is important for believers to come together on a regular basis to worship, fellowship, pray, study the Bible, and be exposed to strong preaching. That is usually best accomplished by attending church services at least once a week, but that is not the only way. "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" (Matthew 18:20).

I found Kerry's statements on religion during the third debate to be particularly revealing. Faith is tied to your works, and your deeds.
That's right. Kerry says that he believes abortion is wrong, but his actions prove otherwise. He didn't vote against partial birth abortion. He supports fetal stem cell research. Christian and Catholic belief is pro-life; Kerry is not pro-life.

Christians are generous givers. Kerry's tax records show that he is not generous. Bush's tax records show that he is generous.

It is your actions as a person that demonstrates your faith, not your words. Something to think about at least.
That's right. So far, I have not seen anything in Sen. Kerry's actions or words that would convince me about his faith in God as Lord.

Christians are generous givers. Kerry's tax records show that he is not generous. Bush's tax records show that he is generous.

Bush has had one of the worst economic records of any U.S. president

Senator John Kerry released the following statement today in response to new state unemployment numbers showing that Ohio lost 11,800 jobs in August :fu: Bush!

There’s no better evidence of George Bush’s wrong choices than Ohio’s economy, which saw more job losses than any other state last month. Under this president, our nation has lost 1.6 million private sector jobs as incomes have fallen and health care costs have jumped more than $3,500. (I live in Ohio )

and......President Bush is now certain to be the first president since the Great Depression to face re-election without creating a single job. Since Herbert Hoover we have had eleven presidents: Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton. These presidents have faced wars and recessions, but not one of them has failed to create a single job. Thank you! :smoking:

George W. Bush keeps trying to mislead Americans into thinking we’re turning the corner, but truth is that he is turning his back on middle class families..

How can some American wanna re-election Bush for the next 4 yrs when he already messed up america? That is what I do not get. :crazy:

Cheri said:
...President Bush is now certain to be the first president since the Great Depression to face re-election without creating a single job...
I am curious; can anyone show me in the U.S. Constitution where it is the duty of the President to create jobs?

Are you for real???? It is just common sense...he is our servant, not the other way around.
Can can YOU show me where it says he can brazenly lie to his constituents??
Get real.

Last edited:
Reba said:
I am curious; can anyone show me in the U.S. Constitution where it is the duty of the President to create jobs?

But, he did "said" he would creat jobs for us and he did not! :bye:

Beowulf said:
Are you for real???? It is just common sense...he is our servant, not the other way around.
Can can YOU show me where it says he can brazenly lie to his constituents??
Get real.
The duties of the President are enumerated (listed) in the Constitution. He is given specific powers, responsibilities, and limitations. You can't just make up things for him to do. I don't see any "common sense" in expecting the President to provide people with jobs. I thought most people don't want the President interfering with their personal lives.

Have you read the U.S. Constitution?

Cheri said:
But, he did "said" he would creat jobs for us and he did not! :bye:
That was not my question. I am just curious why people expect the President (any President) to create jobs.

Reba said:
That was not my question. I am just curious why people expect the President (any President) to create jobs.

Your question did not related to what I post so dont ask me this question I'm telling u what the presidents have said and have done which Bush hasn't done what he said that my answer to my post. :ty:

Cheri said:
Senator John Kerry released the following statement today in response to new state unemployment numbers showing that Ohio lost 11,800 jobs in August :fu: Bush!:
Uhh Cheri--

President George W. Bush did nothing to cause the loss of manufacturing jobs in Ohio and elsewhere. It was vetoed/signed by then President Bill Clinton.

It was John Kerry and his fellow Senators and Congress that voted the NAFTA/GATT bill, which was signed by Bill Clinton that gave companies the freedom to relocate their operations outside the United States without paying the penalties of hefty import taxes.

So, the blame is on John Kerry for voting on the bill, that sent those jobs outside this country – not George W. Bush.

I am sorry but there are plenty of things that John Kerry won't admit on making mistakes.

Just for the record, the American economy now is better than at the same point during Clinton's presidency, and everyone thought the economy was booming then. Interesting.

Employment Indicators Better Than At Same Point In Clinton Presidency

Unemployment Rate For September 2004 Was 5.4 Percent And 5.2 Percent For September 1996. The January-September average for both years was 5.6 percent.

Unemployment Rate For African-Americans For September 2004 Was 10.3 Percent And 10.6 Percent For September 1996. The first term average for President Bush was 10 percent while it was 11.3 percent for President Clinton’s first term.

Unemployment Rate For Hispanics For September 2004 Was 7.1 Percent And 8.8 Percent For September 1996. The first term average for President Bush was 7.2 percent while it was 9.7 percent for President Clinton’s first term.

In Clinton’s First Term There Were 4.98 Million Individuals Working Part-Time Jobs Due To Economic Reasons; In Bush’s First Term, There Were 4.29 Million.

In Clinton’s First Term, Average For Workers Not In Labor Force But Wanted To Be Was 5.78 Million; In Bush’s First Term, Rate Was 4.7 Million.

Homeownership At Record High. “The national homeownership rate, in the second quarter of 2004, was at an all time high of 69.2 percent. Minority homeownership set a new record of 51% in the second quarter and is up 2.1 percentage points from a year ago.”

Brian said:
Uhh Cheri--

President George W. Bush did nothing to cause the loss of manufacturing jobs in Ohio and elsewhere. It was vetoed/signed by then President Bill Clinton.

It was John Kerry and his fellow Senators and Congress that voted the NAFTA/GATT bill, which was signed by Bill Clinton that gave companies the freedom to relocate their operations outside the United States without paying the penalties of hefty import taxes.

So, the blame is on John Kerry for voting on the bill, that sent those jobs outside this country – not George W. Bush.

I am sorry but there are plenty of things that John Kerry won't admit on making mistakes.

Bill Clinton was not our president during Aug. of this year. I know about Ohio Jobs.. U do not live in Ohio.

Cheri said:
Bill Clinton was not our president during Aug. of this year. I know about Ohio Jobs.. U do not live in Ohio.
Oh Cheri- you are right I don't live in Ohio BUT don't assume I know nothing about your state. :)

Many of the bills passed by Clinton are still effective (good/valid) even if he no longer is the President of this country.

I'm voting for Bush, I fucking hate Kerry, he :fu: ing sucks! I will never vote for a Demotiac President, look at Clinton for God's sakes, he sucked!

What's more, this veered off topic a couple posts above. Reba was talking about personal generosity between Bush and Kerry. Re-read.......

There's a question American voters must ask themselves, Who they want to vote Bush or Kerry... We the people a call to take America back to us. We must decide what is best for our country only you can decide not anyone else but yourself.

IMO, Kerry has not became president yet there shouldn't be any mocking toward to him. :o and for Bush went to war for all the wrong reasons money is being wasted and His war on terrorism isn’t gonna make terrorism go away , worst economic records, Leave no child behind act fell over, etc. etc. (List goes on). I said my piece on Bush.

Reba said:
Just for the record, Kerry says he is Roman Catholic, so both "JFK"s are/were Catholic.

An update on John Kerry and the Catholic church:

http://cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=32830

Kerry said to be excommunicated

Los Angeles, Oct. 18 (CWNews.com) - A consultant to the Vatican has said Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry has incurred the penalty of excommunication from the Catholic Church...
An excommunicated Catholic may not receive any of the sacraments of the Church, including the Eucharist, marriage, and even Christian burial....

I view as one of the more important rights of this country the freedom to worship as you please without interference. That is why I am HIGHLY opposed to religious viewpoints being involved in government affairs. I value my religion. Thus my view is that any one who tries to legislate religious views, no matter if I agree with them or not, as interfering with my freedom to worship.

Reba said:
An update on John Kerry and the Catholic church:

http://cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=32830
Traditionally the church has STAYED OUT of the realm of politics. If you read the article, you can find that it is politically motivated.

Complaints about church interference and more complaints and more

Many americans are opposed to islamic fundamentalism in the middle east, where many countries have religious rules telling you what you can do, and this is legislated through the government. Would you want to live there?
Would you want America to pass similar laws?
The Church should not interfere with government, period.
Just as the government should not interfere with the church.

I don't believe in arguing about abortion, but you stated..
Christian and Catholic belief is pro-life; Kerry is not pro-life
Is it the responsibility of the government to regulate what Christians believe? Think about that CAREFULLY, and check the bill of rights again.
Kerry has stated that as a politician in a secular government, he cannot regulate his beliefs. He is against abortion, but he CAN'T regulate it on religious grounds. (Government can regulate on social grounds, but abortion is not opposed on those grounds)

Further, christian beliefs do not equate to just being against abortion. Thats just one position in church doctrine. But a more important rule, a rule that supersedes any doctrine in individual situations, is the golden rule. No matter what religious stance you have, you will see the golden rule. And in order to most help others, you must decide how your responsibility as a voter affects the society's ability to apply the golden rule. How do we as a society help the homeless? the poor? the sick?

As a christian, that is my determination as to which candidate will be best for the nation. The one who I believe best applies the golden rule, and tries to help Americans who need help. Anything else is not christian, no matter what positions he takes on smaller matters of doctrine.

bree said:
Traditionally the church has STAYED OUT of the realm of politics.
That is not historically true in American politics. Many preachers, for more than 300 years, have used their pulpits to endorse or condemn political actions. Preachers in the 18th century preached in support of the American Revolution. Preachers in the 19th century preached in support of the abolition of slavery. Preachers in the 20th century preached in support of civil rights and voting rights for black citizens. Those are just a few examples.

The Church should not interfere with government, period.
I am not sure which "Church" you are referring to (the "Church" as the entire body of believers in Christ, or a particular religion or denomination), so it depends on that, and your definition of "interfere". I do believe that Christians have the right and obligation to speak out, to run for office, to campaign for their nominees, to lobby for legislation, and to vote.

Further, christian beliefs do not equate to just being against abortion. Thats just one position in church doctrine.
Abortion effects a party that has no say in the matter--the innocent baby. It isn't equitable to give "rights" to the mother without giving rights to the baby. It isn't just a matter of "church doctrine". It is a basic human right, the right to live, that cannot be taken without due process. Does the baby have access to a trial before being condemned to death for a crime he did not commit? No! His life is just snatched away.

But a more important rule, a rule that supersedes any doctrine in individual situations, is the golden rule.
Do you mean "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"? Is that being applied in the case of abortion? I don't think so.

As a christian, that is my determination as to which candidate will be best for the nation. The one who I believe best applies the golden rule, and tries to help Americans who need help. Anything else is not christian, no matter what positions he takes on smaller matters of doctrine.
You do know that the "golden rule" is not a biblical doctrine for Christians, but is a doctrine of secular humanists?

Back