Voice Mail to Email

RonJaxon

Reaction score
I've heard of a service that does this but now I can't find it or remember what it was called. Basically if someone calls me and leaves a voice message the service would turn the voice message into an Email and send it to me as text.

I tried i711.com and their "call me" feature isn't bad and pretty much does exactly what I'm looking for. Except I want to skip the AIM step (Where they look to see if you're signed in before asking if the want to leave a message).

What I want, need actually because this if for business, is for them to be asked to leave a voice message right when they make the call. Like an answering machine.

Does anyone know of an online service that offers this?

Thanks for any replies.

Ron Jaxon

Here are several services:

(Since the AD server is garbling these web addresses, I will have to spell them out manually.)

eVoice:

www (dot) evoice (dot) com

GotVoice:

www (dot) gotvoice (dot) com

iConnect:

www (dot) j2 (dot) com

K7:

www (dot) k7 (dot) net

Thank you for the reply. I just looked and the gotvoice one is the only one that really turns the voice mail into text. As far as I can see anyway. It also says they turn it into an audio file and that won't. But thanks and I'll give the gotvoice a try.

Ron Jaxon

Here are several services:

(Since the AD server is garbling these web addresses, I will have to spell them out manually.)

eVoice:

www (dot) evoice (dot) com

GotVoice:

www (dot) gotvoice (dot) com

iConnect:

www (dot) j2 (dot) com

K7:

www (dot) k7 (dot) net
AD is filtering out those URLs?

eVoice - Voice mail to Email, Local phone numbers

GotVoice - Get the Message

jConnect - Fax and Voicemail by Email and Conference Calling

K7 Unified Messaging, free Fax and voicemail to email.

They seem to work fine.

Links are only filtered if they are not approved by AllDeaf.

When I tried typing these URLs earlier this afternoon, they were converted from their original addresses to something like:

www.alldeaf.com/www.k7.net

or

www.alldeaf.com/www.gotvoice.com

:hmm:

Thank you very much everyone. You've given me a place to start.

Unfortunately none of them thus far are really what I need. Close but not quite. Because this is for business I'm looking for a service with ease of my customers. Basically, I want a service that they won't even have to know it's anything other then just leaving a voice mail or a comment on an answering machine. Just "Leave a message" and that's it.

Then I need that message to be turned to text and sent to me.

I'm kind of picky when it comes to customers service and the ease of contacting me. I know that with my deafness I would expect some restrictions but in this case I feel it doesn't need to be that complicated for them. All they need to do is leave a message and hopefully a service exists that can take care of the rest without them having to do anything special.

Thanks again.

Ron Jaxon

What about a remote answering service?

Thank you very much everyone. You've given me a place to start.

Unfortunately none of them thus far are really what I need. Close but not quite. Because this is for business I'm looking for a service with ease of my customers. Basically, I want a service that they won't even have to know it's anything other then just leaving a voice mail or a comment on an answering machine. Just "Leave a message" and that's it.

Then I need that message to be turned to text and sent to me.

I'm kind of picky when it comes to customers service and the ease of contacting me. I know that with my deafness I would expect some restrictions but in this case I feel it doesn't need to be that complicated for them. All they need to do is leave a message and hopefully a service exists that can take care of the rest without them having to do anything special.

Thanks again.

Ron Jaxon

Thanks for the suggestion willbucks.

So far the best one I've found (AS far as description what I'm looking for) is called Phonetag. It's not a free service but the price doesn't seem all that bad compared to other services I've seen.

I just signed up for the free trial. Haven't used it yet but I'll come back and let you know what I think once I do.

Ron Jaxon

I use PhoneTag - it converts voicemail to text and sends email to my email address and a text message to my phone. It's really convenient.

Back