VMware Fusion vs Parallels Desktop

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will be back to use Mac since 2005. I will get package of new MacBook Pro this Thursday. It includes free Parallels Desktop software. Is Parallels good? It s better than VMware Fusion? :shrug:

I don't use either of these, I use Boot Camp. I don't use Windows much so it's not a problem for me.

Thank you for suggestions, everyone. I don't think that need to dowload Parallels software in new MacBook. I will get package of it this Wednesday.

I'm not clear on this issue. Apple itself is the one offering Parallels Desktop. I assume that means Parallels is for running Windows if you want to partition the Mac and use it. No? I figure if Apple offers it, it must be good. No? Help....

I'm not clear on this issue. Apple itself is the one offering Parallels Desktop. I assume that means Parallels is for running Windows if you want to partition the Mac and use it. No? I figure if Apple offers it, it must be good. No? Help....

Parallels is not developed by Apple. It's developed by a different software company. Boot Camp is the one that comes with Mac OS X and it's developed by Apple.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxGEKkMrhA0"]YouTube - Graphics in Virtualization: VMware Fusion vs. Parallels Desktop[/ame]

There are two popular options for virtualization software: VMware Fusion and Parallels. But which is better? MacTech did a detailed comparison and they found out that there was an obvious winner when it came to handling graphics.

Found Footage: VMware gets schooled by Parallels in MacTech benchmarks

Parallels is faster and better than VMware Fusion. :hmm:

It just graphic that how Parallels is better. Does that mean you want to play game on your Mac??

I don't know that Chevy57 is gamer now, that's cool. :shock:

I still rather use Boot Camp, faster than either. ;)

Ok, Seq, so, Boot Camp would take care of the partitioning of Parallels Desktop (currently being offered free with a system purchase) and set up Windows which I would have to purchase. Would Bootcamp be able to handle any version of Windows?

In your opinion, is it worth it? What about someone who would like to get into some kind of business whose software, etc runs better in Windows than the Mac OS? Then it would be worth it? Thanks in advance.

I still rather use Boot Camp, faster than either. ;)

Yup, playing games via Parallels Desktop would renders as playing games via Intel GMA 4500 instead of real graphic hardware.

Back