Vlogs about reptiles

jgwhite

Reaction score
Since I am breeding reptiles, I have been thinking about doing vlogs to educate the Deaf community about reptiles. I have a long list of topics that I could discuss via youtube. I will be attending the reptile expo this weekend and I think my first vlog will be about reptile expos and its purpose.

I have met so many deaf individuals who have no clue what the term "reptile" means. So here are some topics I will be vlogging about:

What is a reptile?
Care of ball pythons
How to sex a snake/lizard
Breeding
Heat tapes vs heat cables

I have so much more topics but this is just giving you an idea of what I will discuss with the Deaf community.

The reason for this thread is I want YOUR questions. I want to hear what you would like to know about reptiles. I am hoping to do one vlog per week.

Share your thoughts!

Hmm......no one?

Long ago I had a pet copperhead snake and it was darn tame. I found it when it was a baby and I keep hearing that if you catch venomous snakes while they are very young, they can be handled easily. True or false?

Well I say you are one crazy dude. :lol: Venom from Copperheads is not deadly (but very painful), and when people die from Copperhead Snake bites it is due to an allergic reaction. Each snake is different, I had a ball python that was just pure evil which is not common at all. It really depends on the snake itself. But yes, most of the time if you have a baby snake and you handle it daily, it becomes tame.

Well I say you are one crazy dude. :lol: Venom from Copperheads is not deadly (but very painful), and when people die from Copperhead Snake bites it is due to an allergic reaction. Each snake is different, I had a ball python that was just pure evil which is not common at all. It really depends on the snake itself. But yes, most of the time if you have a baby snake and you handle it daily, it becomes tame.

Yep, it depends on the snake, come to think of it. I also had a black snake all too briefly for a pet. It was an unholy terror, striking at me every chance it got, and I released it with heartfelt curses. I found the copperhead snake when I was seven and had it four years, taking it with me when we moved to other states. Funny thing though: I didn't know it was a copperhead until a few months after its capture, when one of my dad's friends looked into the aquarium, jumped back a couple feet and practically bawled "That's a %$&% copperhead!!" :giggle: Thor the snake died one night and I gave it a proper Viking burial.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IToUZ8vRI0Q&context=C42a52fdADvjVQa1PpcFN74X3E_cooLdzvHhaRltT6ISonm4UUnak=]ASL Vlog #1 Picking your first reptile pet - YouTube[/ame]

This is my first vlog about reptiles. I have 50+ topics to discuss, so I'm going to try and do one vlog per week.

Back