Vista and installing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlleyCat

Reaction score
Got my brand new laptop yesterday! It has Vista on it. I'm trying to install my new Adobe CS4 on it, and it won't do anything. The install window comes up but is blank, and it just sits there. It won't install anything off the CD. It's a brand-new CD, I just opened it today. I downloaded some other apps off online last night and that wasn't a problem. But from a CD .. ?? Any ideas?

You need a driver for CS4 to make it work for Vista, Vista doesn't work or being relaible for anything. I know, Pain in the ass, really.

Got my brand new laptop yesterday! It has Vista on it. I'm trying to install my new Adobe CS4 on it, and it won't do anything. The install window comes up but is blank, and it just sits there. It won't install anything off the CD. It's a brand-new CD, I just opened it today. I downloaded some other apps off online last night and that wasn't a problem. But from a CD .. ?? Any ideas?

Try check other disc on your dvd-rom and still can't read then probably your dvd burner is not work anymore. Call to company for warranty.

You need a driver for CS4 to make it work for Vista, Vista doesn't work or being relaible for anything. I know, Pain in the ass, really.

No.... The driver is for the hardware only. Do nothing with software like CS4.
So you really mean install driver to make dvd burner work again?

I tried installing other programs off a CD and they all worked. So it wasn't the CD/DVD drive.

Was planning to call Adobe this morning so I got online to Adobe's website and saw there was a feature where you can talk to tech support online. Clicked on that but wasn't able to talk to them without signing in and registering my product, so I did that first. And still couldn't talk to tech support for some reason. Gave up on that and went back to try the install again - guess what, it worked! The normal installation screen came up and I got the entire CS4 installed. My roommates looked at it last night too and they'd never seen this problem before. I wonder if it's because I registered it first this morning that made the difference. I really don't know. But it's installed !!

Mods, can you close this thread? Problem was solved. Thanks! :)

I tried installing other programs off a CD and they all worked. So it wasn't the CD/DVD drive.

Was planning to call Adobe this morning so I got online to Adobe's website and saw there was a feature where you can talk to tech support online. Clicked on that but wasn't able to talk to them without signing in and registering my product, so I did that first. And still couldn't talk to tech support for some reason. Gave up on that and went back to try the install again - guess what, it worked! The normal installation screen came up and I got the entire CS4 installed. My roommates looked at it last night too and they'd never seen this problem before. I wonder if it's because I registered it first this morning that made the difference. I really don't know. But it's installed !!

Mods, can you close this thread? Problem was solved. Thanks! :)

Ah. I downloaded CS4 from internet and install and it's work great! I don't really install from any disc so much. Mostly company allow you to download any software from internet.

I thought that CS4 was illegal to download from the internet - once registered, it won't be able to be pirated or uploaded online for torrenting reasons. That's why it is registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back