virus keep coming back.

macawsdeaf

Reaction score
i noticed laptop has acting crazy. since a week. now it has taking a control. i have not longer able to access my windows store or ntouch pc. so i try to download a anit-malware. I realize that one person thinks they know what to do or trying to figure it out. that ruined it because of virus. i hate a person trying to fix it themselves. for me as a laptop owner i have always being ver careful with it. this is my fourth laptop. so i have already decided that i refused to buy another laptop. i can only use tablet for now. i don't like laptop anymore. when a person downloading or burning a cd. it will bring virus on my laptop. now... i dont like laptop anymore.

good bye to the laptop....

It's not the laptop's fault that you let other people mess with it.

i noticed laptop has acting crazy. since a week. now it has taking a control. i have not longer able to access my windows store or ntouch pc. so i try to download a anit-malware. I realize that one person thinks they know what to do or trying to figure it out. that ruined it because of virus. i hate a person trying to fix it themselves. for me as a laptop owner i have always being ver careful with it. this is my fourth laptop. so i have already decided that i refused to buy another laptop. i can only use tablet for now. i don't like laptop anymore. when a person downloading or burning a cd. it will bring virus on my laptop. now... i dont like laptop anymore.

good bye to the laptop....

call tech support to solve it. i would do the same as yours

As a guy who builds computers for fun and just recently fixed my daughter's laptop that had 133 viruses.

The person who's doing the clean up should know how to do a proper cleanup. If you got the virus back, that means either you or someone who have access to your computer downloaded something they shouldn't have and reinfected your computer.

So I got a question, why does this other person constantly use your laptop? Nobody in my house dares to touch my computers. Not even my own daughter, she knows better.

If you want to clean your own computer, I would suggest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Download the free version, update the version and run it through the system. It will take time and once it's done it will give you the option of removing any malware and viruses on the laptop.

If you can't access your computer, download the Anti-Malware software onto a USB Jump drive and boot up into safe mode and install and run it in safe mode.

^^ I second the Malwarebytes suggestion. If it is a really pesky one- google the virus- sometimes you might need a specific removal tool/program to get rid of it.

In my experience, I don't find anti-virus/malware apps do a thorough job, so I prefer to do a hard reset and erase the hard drive clean. Current laptops should have a backup copy of the OS software to reinstall afterward. Before doing this, backup important files to another memory device.

Buying PC laptop is your biggest mistake of your life.

Get a Macbook!

Mac... never had the need for the anti-virus/malware in my system. I have reformat my iMac software itself and it did the job with ace.

You won't regret having Mac.. :D

I have windows defender program for two years. Never had a problem with my laptop.

I have heard of Apple products/macs getting nailed with virus so it isn't invincible :D

Make sure you do have a OS backup- most if not all laptops and desktops hardly ever come with a OS backup CD anymore.

I use that but have notice can slow computer down used it on 3 computers it slowed them all down but as good as 'word'

Is it poss you can partition hard drive I did on my xp I put it on for her and she cant get my stuff.If kids are doing stuff on computer then serious talk is required

I wish!! We lost two laptops that caught the bad virus. We couldnt able to access it at all. We bought another laptop. :( condom sounds TOOO good to cover it! :giggle:

Hrmmm ...

I don't know why you feel the need to buy another laptop after last two caught the virus since it can be cleaned and removed.

Virus doesn't really do damages to the hardware itself but really bad virus will require a full system recovery because it did a lot of damages to the files and programs itself.

If laptops were more than 6 years old then yes it might make more sense to buy a new laptop if you are always using it. But still do a full recovery on your old laptop and sell or give it away to someone. (be sure to do file shredding before giving it away)

Bill

It may not be just a virus. You may have a rootkit. Some rootkits get embedded in system components such as network drivers, input device drivers and even the system kernel. You might give Kaspersky's TDSS killer a go (It's free!), or even try combofix. There are a few gotchas for combofix, though. If you have an Intel laptop that has the hybrid Intel/Nvidia video system, your Nvidia card will not work again until you reload the PC.
My advice as an IT professional is to do the rootkit scan with TDSS and see what it's feedback is, then try combofix. If combofix picks up any rootkits after TDSS, you most likely have a kernel-embedded rootkit and it's time to perform a system recovery.

I always suggest combofix as a last resort. It has a lot of high-risk tools that can break some things. Another good idea is to run TDSS before Malwarebytes. Malware bytes can only remove the visible traces of malware, but not fix the deeply embedded components. If you run Malwarebytes before TDSSKiller, TDSSKiller may not detect rootkits.
To be completely honest and fair, it's my practice to backup user-data and reload upon confirmation of a rootkit. You can never truly ensure that a rootkit has been completely removed.

Finally. I suggest turning off your Windows Vista/7 desktop gadgets. They have known serious vulnerabilities that Microsoft has no intention to fix and they have gone as far as discontinuing support and development for the gadget platform.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/gadgets

Back