videos on website

cdmeggers

Reaction score
what's the best way to add videos to a website? I don't want to use youtube or anything like that, and would like to make access to the videos protected for privacy reasons, if that's even possible.. Like with photo galleries, you can make it so people have to register to see photos in the gallery. Is that possible with videos? I've been pondering on this for a while.

Yes, it's possible... but consumes a lot of bandwidth.

You're better off using YouTube. It's free and you don't use a lot of bandwidth. :)

It is easy to put videos on a website and have them password protected. You can add and delete people allowed to view and change passwords whenever you like. Also, you can make your videos pay-per-view. This is not free ($9.95 per month) but you still own all your rights to your videos. And if you have pay-per-view videos you can actually make a profit.
(Putting anything on youtube or other 'free sites' you GIVE AWAY your copyrights to them. Always read the fine print before posting your videos on those 'free' sites.)

email me for more information
My-email-address.gif

I don't want to use youtube where ANYONE can see these videos. I want them to be protected somehow.

I don't want to use youtube where ANYONE can see these videos. I want them to be protected somehow.

If your ISP company provides you a personal website account which is included your email address, that's what you want. Most personal website account contain a private access that no one will see your video unless you give them your secondary password (i.e. temporary folder account). Some hackers can watch your movie anyway, and it would be the best if you put it in the personal website for a short time.

If your ISP does not provide one for you, then you could make a copy of your movie on a DVD and mail it to your friend.

I bet that you made a homemade dirty movie, your mommy gotta slap your ass real hard if you are caught. hee hee. Oops.

Why would you want people to register just to look at pictures or videos? What's so special about them?

privacy issues. a lot of them are old, no big deal. but some are more recent and I'm only making the gallery protected just to protect those kids/families.

Back