video

Lighthouse77

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good video that would make hearing people frustrated because there is no sound?

My family never put closed captioning on their home video. It make me feel left out. I want show what it is like whenever my loved ones post on the internet.. i don't mind no captioning but you know, this is my family too. They should be more considerate that i am deaf so they need to include me.

Does anyone have any good video that would make hearing people frustrated because there is no sound?

My family never put closed captioning on their home video. It make me feel left out. I want show what it is like whenever my loved ones post on the internet.. i don't mind no captioning but you know, this is my family too. They should be more considerate that i am deaf so they need to include me.

Why don't you just make one? That would make the message more personal.

Why don't you just make one? That would make the message more personal.

I agree. You can just grab a digital camera or a camcorder and film it in silence.
Use people who knows sign language and do not put subtitles or anything on it. After that, hopefully, your family will understand how it feels to be lost.

they wouldn't care to watch it if it was silent or sign language. I want them try hard to understand that they repeat the video over and over again because they think they could understand but realize they can't. I want to get the frustration out of them to make a point.

Ask an interpreter friend of yours and record him/her on the video and make sure the sound is not recorded. You could show it to them and see how it feels to watch a video with no sound and all about lipreading. Many hearing people cannot lipread that good.

Back