Video Phone pager?

ZiNg31

Reaction score
I remembered I rented Babel blu ray movie... theres deaf china girl in it.. she has videophone pager. Is there really a video phone pager?

babel_movie_japanese_girl.jpg

I remembered I rented Babel blu ray movie... theres deaf china girl in it.. she has videophone pager. Is there really a video phone pager?

babel_movie_japanese_girl.jpg

Do you know there is Treo 700wx under Sprint, can receive video message? They do. I can get video to my treo 700p.

All you do is... setup under any VRS service and have send e-mail of video clip to mobile that support video player.

In Australia, we already have video calling cell phones. They are quite expensive to use when you call someone though.

Video phone pagers and mobile devices have always been around... I still think it's pointless to have one of those things anyway. ;)

Do you know there is Treo 700wx under Sprint, can receive video message? They do. I can get video to my treo 700p.

All you do is... setup under any VRS service and have send e-mail of video clip to mobile that support video player.

I saw in this movie she and her deaf friend talking to each other live with their video phone pager. They didnt send video in email to each other.

yes there are several cellphone capable of doing 2 way real time video like you saw in the movie and one phone manfacture is http://www.htc.com

remember japan is a very small country and they are already all running 3G network all over and already about to deploy 4G network!

USA is a very huge country and ATT and Sprint said it would take almost 10 year to upgrade all country to 3G or EVDO

that why japan get all the nice goodie tech toys so fast being a small because all the companies or research center are so close to each other

yes there are several cellphone capable of doing 2 way real time video like you saw in the movie and one phone manfacture is www.htc.com

remember japan is a very small country and they are already all running 3G network all over and already about to deploy 4G network!

USA is a very huge country and ATT and Sprint said it would take almost 10 year to upgrade all country to 3G or EVDO

that why japan get all the nice goodie tech toys so fast being a small because all the companies or research center are so close to each other

Ahhh I see!!!! Now that make sense.

yes there are several cellphone capable of doing 2 way real time video like you saw in the movie and one phone manfacture is www.htc.com

3G is already spreading in Europe, not only in Japan.

Wait a minutes, what about Europe that they already process with G4. We are not getting anything because this country is too big???

In my city, its already have G3 and that taken 10 years because of country is too far from each other such as state to state?

Europe is far from each other too...

It is just of capable of doing tower but --- spending money on tower... what about the electric wire around in air that hand on pole to pole. Why not use those stuff.. it will possible 100 percent coverage from East coast to west coast and south border to north border.

It will interesting to know if that happen true since we already have high speed internet run on electric not like DSL, FIBER OPTIC or the Cable.

yes there are several cellphone capable of doing 2 way real time video like yo

Video phone pagers and mobile devices have always been around... I still think it's pointless to have one of those things anyway. ;)

Do you have a good reason for these devices to be pointless?

:eek3: USA isn't get that kind of fancy device pager?

That is because of current wireless network, they aren't capable to handle the videostream. Remember the USA started wireless technology long before Europe. So, now that Europe is catching up, but with better technology.

:eek3: USA isn't get that kind of fancy device pager?

Do you know newly HTC pager is called TyTN II? Does it have video conferencing? If so, it is available to run in United States?

Do you know newly HTC pager is called TyTN II? Does it have video conferencing? If so, it is available to run in United States?

Yes, If It have front camera, I dont know about video telephony (video call)

But We will wait till new AT&T 8925 will be released October 5 but they not yet announce it.

UPDATE:Fall lineup release dates @ Mobility Today

AT&T 8925, Motorola Q9 Global, Pantech Duo, SMT5700 and more, full pricing details! | The Boy Genius Report

AT&T 8925, Motorola Q9 Global, Pantech Duo, SMT5700 and more, full pricing details! | The Boy Genius Report

I confuse that AT&T 8925 has camera or not.
Blog - WirelessInfo.com - Cell Phone Reviews and Wireless Plan Ratings

I will wait to listen from AT&T report soon.

Do you have a good reason for these devices to be pointless?
Yes, because people don't always use them.

I had a deaf classmate who had a cell phone with a camera that could be rotated in any direction. It could actually be rotated to face the user and the display screen could be flipped over so that the phone can stand up on its own allowing the user to see himself and the screen at the same time. He showed off this feature to me in class once. After showing me the camera, I asked him if he ever used it. He said, "No. I just use this phone for emails, internet, and text messaging... but the phone is awesome!"

At that time, the phone he had was over $500. Did he really need to spend $500 for a cell phone that looked awesome with an amazing video camera feature that he never used?

Me? I wouldn't use it. I prefer to stick with those 3 basic features... emails, text messaging, and internet. That's it. :)

He don't have enough money, that why.
Nope. I rather spend money on a cell phone with enough features that I need... no more.

If I'm not going to use the video phone feature, what's the point of getting a cell phone with video phone features? I don't even use VP at home.

I had a VP in my room for 3 years, but I never used them. First year, it was already in my room. Someone wanted to see if it worked, so I let him connect to me. We said, "Hi" to each other and that was it. Second year, I had to request it. Since I didn't have a television with closed captioning included and the video phone came with a television that included closed captioning, I made a request for one... put the video phone under my bed... and watched television. Third year, same as second year.

Back