Video Phone & Divorce?

ideafspy

Reaction score
I wonder if the videophone can cause divorce, I know its little bit off topic. I have friend who told me story. A lady pay back at man at her work due not lack of communicate issue. So she decide to call and leave a message thru VRS and told, "I am worry that you are his wife, we been affair since ...." all those stuff weren't true. good enough the wife divorced him and he cried at work and cried such as not settle his life. The lady didn't realized it damaged their marriage even its not true and my friend doesn't know what lady is going to recover their marriage or leave it alone?

So I wonder is answer machine dangerous to damaged who are marriage?

There are two sides to this issue...

1.) The woman who lied shouldn't have done something like that.
2.) The wife should have trusted her husband enough to not believe it.

Other than that, anything can cause a divorce... just a matter of how it's done.

A man could be caught by his wife while having an affair with another woman. A wife can find secret letters around the house addressed to her husband from his mistress.

There are several stories of how weird divorces were caused.

A man was having an affair with another woman at that woman's house instead of working at his office in the World Trade Center. When the planes hit, the wife panicked and tried calling her husband. He finally picked up the phone as if nothing was wrong (he never knew about the WTC incident). She said she was worried and wondered where he was. His response? "I'm at the office, of course!" BUSTED!

A woman is pregnant and says, "Honey! I'm pregnant!" Little did she know, he's infertile. So, she obviously got pregnant from another guy. BUSTED!

Should we blame video phones for divorces and stop using video phones? No.

I would not know because I dont have video phone and i havent heard any stories having affair lead to divorce by calling video phone? This is a first I heard of it.

I still think its wrong of the lady to call and lie about it. The wife should stay with her husband due to no proof? Unless the wife caught him but she always can try and make amends to stay with husband and go to counseling etc.

just my two cents!

Tough situation.
Wife should not let technology ruin their relationship. Why didn't that lady (who is full of bs) tell him in front of his wife in a PERSON?
Wife could do some investigation before making the big decision. I know many people hear one word from someone (could be true/not true), and do the quick act without doing the investigation. What a loser.

Thanks Mod for this correct issue just want share since it relate divorce.

Yea the lady should have told but--- same idea with internet on instant message and that lead their marriage into affair partner.

I think its odd and want share...

Keep warm! :type:

Last edited:
I wonder if the videophone can cause divorce, I know its little bit off topic. I have friend who told me story. A lady pay back at man at her work due not lack of communicate issue. So she decide to call and leave a message thru VRS and told, "I am worry that you are his wife, we been affair since ...." all those stuff weren't true. good enough the wife divorced him and he cried at work and cried such as not settle his life. The lady didn't realized it damaged their marriage even its not true and my friend doesn't know what lady is going to recover their marriage or leave it alone?

So I wonder is answer machine dangerous to damaged who are marriage?

Sounds like the marriage was already over as she was quick to jump about it.

Back