Video chat?

lsfoster

Reaction score
Since I seem to have killed another thread, I might as well start a new one and see if anyone is interested. I'm a new signer, learning ASL. If anyone is either really bored, or really patient :lol: I would love to practice. I can video chat on aim, skype, or oovoo (haven't been able to tell which one is better yet). So let me know if you're interested! :ty: :wave:

A/S/L? Sorry but I can't tell from your avatar :|

I see you are a grad student. It might be possible for you to take classes right where you are to learn ASL and then make connections with people to be friends and practice.

Physical location relationship are the best. Video to learn sign language are very difficult. Once you develop good 3d spatial skills with ASL then videophone will be a lot easier.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. :) I am taking a class right now, it's just harder to practice with other hearing people without "cheating". I'm also trying to find deaf events to go to around Boston to be able to talk with people here, I just didn't know if anyone would be interested. Oh, and I'm a girl, despite looking like a 12-year old boy. (Both in my avatar and in real life...)

But thanks for all the advice! :ty:

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. :) I am taking a class right now, it's just harder to practice with other hearing people without "cheating". I'm also trying to find deaf events to go to around Boston to be able to talk with people here, I just didn't know if anyone would be interested. Oh, and I'm a girl, despite looking like a 12-year old boy. (Both in my avatar and in real life...)

But thanks for all the advice! :ty:

I'm practicing ASL with a fellow ADer too. Good luck with yours! :cool2:

I'd love to learn more ASL, but unfortunately I'm based in Brisbane.

If I do get a VPAD or something like that, Jake can tutor me ;D

I just meant over the internet, but I'm starting to realize how many scammers come on here and probably sound just like me. (They are amusing to talk to, though :giggle: It's like they really think they're fooling you.) So anyways, I didn't mean to sound like that at all, if anyone would actually be interested, I would love to get to know you better and get to practice my signing, just pm me or something.

<--- (not a sketchy scammer, promise) :Oops:

Back