video chat

Travisw723

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked a thousand times. I am hearing. I studied ASL for over 3 years in Houston and San Antonio, Texas. I moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin and don't have Deaf friends to sign with. I don't want to lose my ASL skills.
So how can i best find folks to video chat (Skype?) with using ASL.
Thanks for any help

my Skype ID , by the way, is tgw723

i was not looking to chat on this site, but on Skype or some other video service, so it would not impact this site at all

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times. I am hearing. I studied ASL for over 3 years in Houston and San Antonio, Texas. I moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin and don't have Deaf friends to sign with. I don't want to lose my ASL skills.
So how can i best find folks to video chat (Skype?) with using ASL.
Thanks for any help

my Skype ID , by the way, is tgw723

The only way to keep practicing your ASL is to watch T.V. with no sounds and you can use close captioned if you preferred. That is what I do to keep practicing so that I don't lose my ASL if I have not been with Deaf people lately. Also there should be Deaf events or Deaf community in the big cities like San Antonio or Austin or Houston. If you live in the small town, yeah, you would not be able to find any Deaf people unless you are lucky to find one. But big cities do have Deaf communities and you have to look to find where to look for one Deaf community. Good luck. :cool2:

EDIT: Sorry I miss what you said was that you moved to Milwaukee, Wisonsin. Milwaukee is a big city. You should find a Deaf community there. Ask the Wisconsin Hearing Society for information on where to find Deaf people to communicate with.

Back