[VID] Airplane Safety Instructional Video (English Text Transcript)

Taric25

Reaction score
Airplane Safety Instructional Video on

shows Chris Pirillo facetiously gesticulating to the safety video of United Airlines.

I, Taric Alani, transcribed this video myself. I suspect Pirillo must have Deaf friends or family. No Hearing person gesticulates that well. :P
[yt]ZDepABf9JOg[/yt]
Man: (recording) Welcome aboard, before we depart, please remove the safety card in the seat pocket in front of you, and follow along as we demonstrate the safety features of this Boeing 757 airplane. We appreciate your complete attention to this important safety information.

Woman: (recording) If you are seated in an exit row, you may be required to assist the crew in an emergency. If you are unable to perform the functions described on the safety card, please advise the flight attendant for reseating at the end of this video.

Woman #2: (recording) To fasten your seatbeltlow and tight across your lap, insert the metal fitting into the buckle. Tighten the belt by pulling on the loose end of the strap. To release your seatbelt, lift the buckle flap. When the seatbelt sign is illuminated, immediately be seated and buckle up. To ensure your safety, your seatbelt should be fastened at all times when you are seated.

Man: (recording) There are six exit doors, three on each side of the airplane, and four window exits located over the wings. Each is equiped with an evacuation slide that automatically inflates. Each exit is marked with a sign over head. The main doors open by moving the large handles in the direction of the arrows. Open the over wing exits by removing the cover and pulling down on the large handle. Be sure to jump into the slide with your legs in front of you. When you are on the ground, move away from the airplane. In the event of a water landing, main door slides can be detached from the airplane and used for suplimental flotation. Over wing exits should not be used in a water landing, unless directed by crew member.

Woman: (recording) Look around to locate the two exits nearest your seat. In some cases, your nearest usable exit may be behind you.

Woman #2: (recording) In an evacuation, exit flash lights will illuminate to guide you to an exit.

Woman: (recording) Your seat bottom cushion can be used for floatation in a water landing. To use, pull the cushion from the cushion from the seat, pull your arms through the straps and hug the cushion to your chest, as shown on the safety card.

Woman #2: (recording) If needed, oxygen masks will drop above your seat. To start the flow of oxygen, firmly pull the mask towards you, to extend the plastic tubing. Place the mask over your nose and mouth, put the elastic band over your head and tighten the straps if necessary.
Camerawoman: (giggles)
Woman#2: (recording) Although the bag does not inflate, oxygen will flow to the mask. Secure your mask before helping others and continue using as per directed by a crew member.

Man: (recording) United Airlines is a non-smoking airline.
[Airplane sign]: (recording) ♪
Man: US law prohibits tampering with, disabing, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors. US law also requires customers to comply with all lighted signs, placards and crewmember instructions.

Woman: (recording) Please ensure your carry-on items and tray tables are stowed. Your seat back is in full upright position, head rest stowed and seatbelt is securely fastened. Be sure that laptop computers, cell phones and all personal electronics are turned off and properly stowed. If an emergency evacuation becomes necessary, leave all carry-on items behind.

Both: (laugh)
Man: (recording) If you have any questions about your safety, please ask a flight attendant.
Camerawoman: (giggles)
Man: (recording) On behalf of our flight crew, thank you for your attention to safety. It our pleasure to have you aboard, and we hope you enjoy your flight on United.
(♪United Airlines Jingle♪)

that is HILARIOUS!!!!
Thank you for your praise, DeafMonkey.:ty: I am always interested in what people think.

Everyone, please feel free to leave me a comment. If you would like me to transcribe a video, within reason, please let me know. I would like to know what people want to see in my future videos.

That's so funny. He should participate deaf people to learn sign languages. So he would be fabulous signing languages. LOL :-D

It's funny clip.

Good Day,

Stuart

That is so hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing! Way too perfect action for the deaf viewers.

My husband have been wondering what happen to Chris Pirillo. He used to watch him on Tech TV network, "Call for Help". He is very disappointed that it is no longer on tv program anymore. :(

The Prillo Effect

My husband have been wondering what happen to Chris Pirillo. He used to watch him on Tech TV network, "Call for Help". He is very disappointed that it is no longer on tv program anymore. :(
Oh, I didn't know Chris Pirillo was famous. I thought he was just some guy. Actually, the whole reason I clicked on his video in the first place is I thought I recognized him. It's probably because I watch G4 so much. Well, according to Wikipedia, since we've mentioned his name three times, we should experiance The Prillo Effect.

Last edited:
Back