Vibrate question... get it to vibrate more than 3 times?

jack55

Reaction score
I notice the maximum setting for vibration is at 3? Can it be set for more somehow?

Also just the status lights come on. Can the main screen come on as well? Any settings for that?

I've had other phones do the above and why I'm asking.

I'm deaf so I like to have these settings.

I had one past cell phone that would vibrate more than 3 and would do so every minute until I answer it, plus the screen would come on and stay on until answered. I liked that.

Story time:

I'm not completely deaf... deaf in Right ear and 95% loss in Left ear... so very close to being totally deaf. I do wear a hearing aid, but have it off a lot as I've learned to love silence. So I prefer vibration.

I remember at the Starbucks coffee shop right after I bought the BB, I had it set on ring (LOUD) and vibrate (3) and forgot to turn it off when I went into Starbucks. So while I was online with my notebook and drinking JAVA, I noticed everyone staring at me and some giving me very dirty looks, I realized the BB was ringing. LOL. Hence why I prefer VIBRATE. I had the phone on the table and not in my pocket where I could feel the vibrating. Had the phone screen light come on I would have seen it.

Umm... which product are we talking about here?

If you're talking about the Sidekick, those vibrations are based on the sound scheme you pick. Some sounds have light/short vibrations. Some sounds have strong/long vibrations.

Umm... which product are we talking about here?

If you're talking about the Sidekick, those vibrations are based on the sound scheme you pick. Some sounds have light/short vibrations. Some sounds have strong/long vibrations.
I believe that He talk about his BB.

jack55: Just hold "alt" + "f" that where the select is and see "Vibrate". is that what you looking for? Am I correct?

He was talking about set up the vibrate more then 3 times to alert him. I do have problem with that too. Once my bb vibrate 3 times and that is all and I wouldnt know if I had a call or text. I am hoping someday would get improvement.

I believe that He talk about his BB.

jack55: Just hold "alt" + "f" that where the select is and see "Vibrate". is that what you looking for? Am I correct?
I should have said what it was for... sorry.
It's for my Blackberry 8320 Curve.
I'm trying to get it to vibrate more than 3 times. Apparently that is the max.
Is there a program I can get for this to get it to vibrate more?
Or at least get the screen to come on?

You can get Message Alerts, it lets you set the vibration up to 10 times and you can set the vibration duration too. Example, if you set the vibration to 5 and duration to 4, that means it will vibrate a total 20 seconds (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 4 seconds [pause] brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 4 seconds [pause] brrrrrrrrrrrrrr 4 seconds [pause] brrrrrrrrrrr 4 seconds [pause] brrrrrrrrrrr 4 seconds and done).

It is very nice, I can set it to custom alert me, for example, if I get a message from my wife, I set it to 5 vibrates and 1 sec duration (fast "beeps") vs others will be 4 vibrations and 3 second duration, so I can easily tell if the incoming message is from my wife or not.

"+mablackberry+" <-- click here. It cost $24.95

You can get Message Alerts, it lets you set the vibration up to 10 times and you can set the vibration duration too. Example, if you set the vibration to 5 and duration to 4, that means it will vibrate a total 20 seconds (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 4 seconds [pause] brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 4 seconds [pause] brrrrrrrrrrrrrr 4 seconds [pause] brrrrrrrrrrr 4 seconds [pause] brrrrrrrrrrr 4 seconds and done).

It is very nice, I can set it to custom alert me, for example, if I get a message from my wife, I set it to 5 vibrates and 1 sec duration (fast "beeps") vs others will be 4 vibrations and 3 second duration, so I can easily tell if the incoming message is from my wife or not.

"+mablackberry+" <-- click here. It cost $24.95
Exactly what I'm looking for. Too bad BB doesn't have that features. $25 is pretty pricey... but I'll get it next payday.

Thanks!

Oh rick66 had answered your issue that solution!

have enjoy the curve and Good luck! ;)

Is there a program to turn on the backlight when someone is texting you?

I use Dontforget app for my Dash WM6 and it's only 15 days trial and I love it, unlimited LED flash repeats as long you press it stop like that.

It's cost about 15 bucks or so if you able find somewhere cheaper.

not sure if this apps works for your BB ?

INFO link at DontForget - Description

DontForget is easy-to-use and highly customizable Windows Mobile application that can repeatedly remind you of unread SMS text messages, unread MMS multimedia messages, missed calls, unread E-mails and missed calendar events by sound, vibration, notification window or hardware LED. Never miss important event like appointment or urgent call again.
But it is not just an extension for Windows Mobile operating system which should already be present and preinstalled, DontForget also can do much more. In example you can schedule to automatically switch your device to certain profile, switch to the Flight-mode (Phone off) (or switch the device completelly off) in given time of deactivation. You also can schedule to automatically reboot your device in preset weekdays and time and much more. Application can also handle or disable standard „on-air“ LED blinking also on devices (like HTC clones) where the LEDs are controled on hardware level. And finally, by purchasing the license you automatically get technical support, updates and future enhancements and the income is used to contribute to special school for sightless children.

BTW, Dontforget is best for me no problem.

Dg

I use Dontforget app for my Dash WM6 and it's only 15 days trial and I love it, unlimited LED flash repeats as long you press it stop like that.

It's cost about 15 bucks or so if you able find somewhere cheaper.

not sure if this apps works for your BB ?

INFO link at DontForget - Description

DontForget is easy-to-use and highly customizable Windows Mobile application that can repeatedly remind you of unread SMS text messages, unread MMS multimedia messages, missed calls, unread E-mails and missed calendar events by sound, vibration, notification window or hardware LED. Never miss important event like appointment or urgent call again.
But it is not just an extension for Windows Mobile operating system which should already be present and preinstalled, DontForget also can do much more. In example you can schedule to automatically switch your device to certain profile, switch to the Flight-mode (Phone off) (or switch the device completelly off) in given time of deactivation. You also can schedule to automatically reboot your device in preset weekdays and time and much more. Application can also handle or disable standard „on-air“ LED blinking also on devices (like HTC clones) where the LEDs are controled on hardware level. And finally, by purchasing the license you automatically get technical support, updates and future enhancements and the income is used to contribute to special school for sightless children.

BTW, Dontforget is best for me no problem.

Dg
Thanks! I sent them an email asking if the main screen light came on too. I may get it anyway though.

Thanks! I sent them an email asking if the main screen light came on too. I may get it anyway though.
And here was the response:

Hi Jack

I'm afraid, DontForget will not work on this device because it is not Windows Mobile powered smartphone.

Your 8320 Curve is running "BlackBerry OS" and this is not compatible with the WM.

I'm sorry.

Regards,
Radim Fryc

And here was the response:

Hi Jack

I'm afraid, DontForget will not work on this device because it is not Windows Mobile powered smartphone.

Your 8320 Curve is running "BlackBerry OS" and this is not compatible with the WM.

I'm sorry.

Regards,
Radim Fryc

Sorry buddy :(

try google "blackberry led alerts" will come up some info for led on your BB depends on model.

Dg

Last edited:
My wife had BB 8830. She complained that BB 8830 is not strong vibration and up to 3 times vibration. I called Blackberry's tech support. They told me, "Message Alerts.... they sell software for $25". That's overprice.

Two days ago, she switched to AT&T Tilt.

My wife had BB 8830. She complained that BB 8830 is not strong vibration and up to 3 times vibration. I called Blackberry's tech support. They told me, "Message Alerts.... they sell software for $25". That's overprice.

Two days ago, she switched to AT&T Tilt.
I have no problem with my Blkbry's vibrates at all. Blkbry series such as 8700, 8320 have good vibrates. However, I truly sorry to hear that. I hope she pick the right device and Good Luck! ;)

I have no problem with my Blkbry's vibrates at all. Blkbry series such as 8700, 8320 have good vibrates. However, I truly sorry to hear that. I hope she pick the right device and Good Luck! ;)

No problem.... Everyone has different opinion and taste.
I am curious what kind of blackberry, you use BB 8320 "Curve"? How did you put BB in your pant's pocket or hang on the belt?

My boss lady at work. She has BB 8130 or older model. She left her cell phone on the table. I can feel strong vibration on the table from her cell phone.

One month ago, I read review at wirelessinfo.com.

"We were not impressed by the Curve's non-audio alerts. Vibration is weak and easily missed, even when the phone is in your pocket. The screen lights up and shows you incoming call information, and if you miss a call the LED blinks red to let you know, which is good. But we wish vibration was better, especially on a business device where getting a call can be important."

"We were not impressed by the Curve's non-audio alerts. Vibration is weak and easily missed, even when the phone is in your pocket. The screen lights up and shows you incoming call information, and if you miss a call the LED blinks red to let you know, which is good. But we wish vibration was better, especially on a business device where getting a call can be important."

Seems strong enough for me. I can "feel" mine while it is on the desk or table too. Maybe she didn't set the vibration up high enough?

My only complaint is I would like to see the screen lights come on when I get a text message.

I'm trying to find a program that turns on the backlight when I get a text mail. Like it does when you get an actual phone call. I don't always see the little red status light when it is laying on my desk.

Well, I solved it for now. When it is on my desk I elevate it up enough so I can see the status lights. Kinda neat really as I see the BB better.:smile:

statuslight.jpg

statuslight2.jpg

Back