Viable and Deaf Nation

Aidan Mack commented on that. "is sad to see that some Deaf people bashing at DeafNation and Viable. There was no evidence that Viable and Deafnation were fraud and yet some Deaf people find a way to attack Viable and Deafnation. What happens to "Innocent until proven guilty?" Stick to the facts! Chill out, Deaf Crab Theorists. Deaf Crab Theorists needs to take a class, "INTERNALIZED OPPRESSION".

That's how I feel when deaf people attack deaf schools. It is ridiculous...find out the facts first.

Actually, I started hearing the rumours before they started selling them at DeafNation that they were already defective to start with. They're just starting to make more noise again and this time, it's going to be louder especially now that Viable is under investigation by the FBI due to allegations of running up minutes, which is bilking money from the FCC.

I was a beta tester for the original VPAD model. The one they sent me works just fine. I still have it in the computer room.

But is any of it true? Well, we will find out eventually. However, I will tell you that the third-party vendor responsible for add-ons, batteries, etc is a real piece of work.

Another Viable ex-employee here.
In Pomona, CA, we never issued the receipts to the customers. We just took their money. Many people asked for the receipts. Anthony Mowl said that we would mail it out, which we know is not true. I was one of the few employees who disagreed to issue the VPADs without the receipts.

To this day, I can still remember what he said about it. "I am the fucking boss. Fuck those people! The people don't need to know, just sell it and take their SSI money. Just do it, don't forget I am the boss." After the show, he laughed and said, "See, many suckers out there." He mocked those people who were clueless and tried to get help from us. During all four shows, you can remember Viable got two "tower" with four VPADs around each of it. Four out of eight VPADs were unable to make a call out. Anthony instructed us to blame on the conference center's system which it was not true. The VPADs didn't work at all. Somehow we made it through those four shows. And still to this day, I still can't believe we fooled many customers.

I bet anyone who did buy VPAD in Pomona, CA can verify it. For all of the four shows, if you can recall, Viable gave away 4-5 VPADs. We had to registered through VPAD, All calls were en route to Texas, same office as MASCOM. Guess what, the four lines were on the lines and never hung up, it was on the whole day. We never actually did any raffle. Anthony said it was all electronic. Again, that was not true. Anthony made the decision and selected those people who he liked. Everything was lie and many customers were fooled by Viable. I must admit when I did those things, I was very sick in my stomach. My feelings sunk...

I want to add someone to the Hall of Shame. His name is Anthony Mowl. Shame on you, Anthony Mowl!

wow, this person made it sound too true. o,O Or is this actually to be true base on person's experienced, eh? :hmm:

wow, this person made it sound too true. o,O Or is this actually to be true base on person's experienced, eh? :hmm:

right now I am just reserving my judgement on this company until they are proven guility by the court.

by the way, nice signature. been following brotherhood?

yeah wait till the dust settles about Viable situation.

Last edited:
I am glad that I chose Purple though -

Sad about the Viable. We should all support each other, so I hope it isn't true. I do not like to think that a company owned and operated by and for d/Deaf persons could do this.

I was very lucky. I had applied for Viable job last three years ago but never received infomation for hiring. So my former Sorenson friend who has worked for Purple, asked me if interesting for hiring new job for Purple. Then they were faster to hire me for it. I like good job on Purple than Sorenson. Shame to Viable!

If the court will order Viable shut down, you will stuck to do on your viable vp or software. We will see what happen to Viable. I am very sorry to hear that. I am lucky to don't buy viable vp.

If the court will order Viable shut down, you will stuck to do on your viable vp or software. We will see what happen to Viable. I am very sorry to hear that. I am lucky to don't buy viable vp.

I don't think Viable will be shut down but if it happens ......

It a linux OS ...

We will just remove Viable from the init.d so it doesn't start up at boot time and use it as regular webcam program and Internet tablet.

We would need to buy a scandisk memory card thou for cache space.

So it not a waste and I am quite happy with it that I can use it for other means if Viable is no longer avaliable

Thats correct and there may be a possiblilty to re-route the connection server to its original owners, who produced these devices?

I don't feel quiet sorry about have VPAD+. I will more sorry for you if you haven't bought before they shut down and the actually cost is 700 dollars. I simple paid 99 dollars and can reformat that memory card as TechBill explained.

If Viable is going shut down, I do not believe it would happen due Viable logo is become 'important' due we know Viable right now. The people shared the news and more people aware; the investor will like to buy Viable to run business.

I would be surprise if Sorenson Communication have offer SD to use their software on Viable as 'Viable the EX".

:) it would be surprise if it is true. ;)

I think Sorenson is the best business to buy Viable if Viable will shut down because Sorenson has tremendous funds and could keep the Viable server alive for VPADs and VPAD+s customers. :shrug:

I think Sorenson is the best business to buy Viable if Viable will shut down because Sorenson has tremendous funds and could keep the Viable server alive for VPADs and VPAD+s customers. :shrug:
I like the idea of it, as if they would be happy to fund it under sorenson.

Back