Very sad! For both sides!

Status
Not open for further replies.

airportcop

Reaction score
Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales named as suspect in Afghanistan massacre | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

I can't believe that the Army sent this guy back for his 4th tour after what he went through. If he had wanted to go back voluntarily then no problem but this guy didn't want to go and should not have been sent. I am not saying it is justification for what he did but someone here needs to answer for why he was sent. I'm glad he is back in America at least.

he signed up for it. he doesn't get to say where or when he gets deployed.

he signed up for it. he doesn't get to say where or when he gets deployed.
It's also the military's responsibility to ensure that the members are fit for duty before sending them into combat situations.

It's also the military's responsibility to ensure that the members are fit for duty before sending them into combat situations.

apparently - he was fit for duty before this massacre.

Robert Bales Identified As Afghanistan Shooter, U.S. Officials Say
The sergeant's family says they saw no signs of aggression or anger. "They were totally shocked," by accounts of the massacre, Browne said. "He's never said anything antagonistic about Muslims. He's in general very mild-mannered."

The lawyer denied reports that the soldier had marital problems, saying he and his wife have a solid relationship.

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. The interview that you posted proves neither. Being "fit for duty" is a specific military physical, mental, and psychological evaluation done by doctors.

yea just saying his superior or army saw nothing that would make him unfit for duty.

yea just saying his superior or army saw nothing that would make him unfit for duty.
That's something that needs to be investigated.

**disclaimer** I am not nor ever going to condone the actions of this murder. So please, consider this before interpreting what I am about to say.

This soldier snapped when he saw a buddy's leg blown off during the violent protests after the Koran burnings. He went on a lone vendetta rampage with the image of his friend permanently scarred in his head.

After his rampage, the Afghans protested, but did so peacefully this time.

**disclaimer** I am not nor ever going to condone the actions of this murder. So please, consider this before interpreting what I am about to say.

This soldier snapped when he saw a buddy's leg blown off during the violent protests after the Koran burnings. He went on a lone vendetta rampage with the image of his friend permanently scarred in his head.

After his rampage, the Afghans protested, but did so peacefully this time.

yup. that's why it is in my opinion that he was mentally fit for duty at first and somehow... he just happened to snap in Afghanistan upon hearing news of his buddy from his family.

just saw this and thought I should mention this here for accuracy purpose

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/16/world/asia/afghanistan-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
He was on his first tour to Afghanistan but had deployed to Iraq three times.

That's something that needs to be investigated.

I'll have to find the link, maybe it was in this atricle but I believe that they are being investigated after downgrading PTSD dignosis for soldiers and sending them to battle anyway. I know he signed up, but 3 tours in Iraq prior to this, a concussion injury and losing part of his foot? He didn't want to go back and I can understand that. He should have been seriously evaluated before this and given the opportunity to not deploy if need be. This is my opinion only. The system is not perfect and I think we all know that but there needs to be some better checks and balances to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

Found it! The soldier was one of 4,000 soldiers in the 3rd (Stryker) Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division stationed at Lewis-McChord in Washington state. The base's medical center is being investigated for allegedly down-grading post traumatic stress diagnoses to other mental illnesses that do not prevent deployment or qualify soldiers for disability payments.

Last edited:
This soldier is not what everyone believe. He has dark secrets and now it is coming out. He should be shot for disgrace our men and women in the force and killed those people. No hard feeling for him at all. 4 tours has nothing to do with it. He was already being a bad guy in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back