Very New Here

Seibs

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a 23 year old male from Indiana. I am very new to this site so I will tell everyone a little bit about myself. I was born deaf and wearing two hearing aids until I gradually gave up hope on my left ear as it was completely lost. I then wore one hearing aid until I was a senior in high school when I suffered two serious concussions which really messed up whatever hearing I had left. Basically the only option for me was to get a Cochlear Implant and after already being one hell of an emotional year involving my family and entering college I had to deal with this. I received the cochlear implant and it was a huge success. I can't even begin to describe what it has done for me. I have always been very intellectual and outgoing. I used to not even think anything of my hearing or let it stop me from doing anything. I have a ton of friends and was always well-liked. Now that I have graduated college and I'm entering the real world, I'm finding myself struggling hardcore with dealing with my Cochlear Implant. It is totally different out there as I can't always wear my hat that I seem to be wearing to "hide it" among other things. I have always been around hearing friends and have never really communicated to anyone HoH or with a Cochlear Implant. I guess that's why I'm here as I'm totally confused and lost and really feel like I need to reach out to other people who might understand what I am going through or are currently going through this. I hope to hear from you all and if anyone feels like chatting sometime, let me know or drop me a line. Also, I'm here to help you all as well if anyone has any questions about my CI experience. Apparently, the doctor who performed my CI is one of the best in the world. So I became very educated on the subject as well. Look forward to meeting you all and Happy Holidays...

Hello Seibs,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ;) ....

:wave: :welcome: Seibs to Alldeaf. I hope your having fun posting and getting to meet nice people on this forum. Welcome aboard. Happy New Year!!! :cheers:

Hi...

To begin this post--I cannot imagine how you feel. Because I do not take cochlear implant, I do feel for you though as a person. It must be difficult on some days .. I am profoundly deaf and have been since 8 weeks old by measles. Hearing aids did not work out for me as I had allergy (ear mold).

Hope we'll chat from time to time. Sorry this is rather short, but I'd like to leave this up to you to continue the conversation. SMILE..
Chrissy

Back