Very Important To Watch This Video For Your Own Good

SJKA

Reaction score
i dont know if yall already see it before or not this my first time i have got email today.. there is alot of shock news about FCC have break the rules for deaf/hard of hearing... so here is link and be patinet with long loading

http://www.tdi-online.org/FCC/FCC-CC100406_OC+AD.mov

it from NAD and TDI

THIS is BULLSHIT that the FCC is doing this!!!! We must call the chairperson. Imagine no shows with captioning!!! We would be left out again and go back to the dark ages. What's wrong with these hearing people who do not care for deaf/HOH people?

Interesting information that I did not know about! My father-in-law works for the FCC, not in CC department, but he does work for them. I am going to send him this video so he knows what his agency is doing.

It shouldn't be an issue. We shouldn't have the government force every show to be captioned. I can understand educational programs being captioned, but for other shows... that's up to the television station or the company that created that show.

If a company decides to not make a show captioned, then that's their loss.

If you want to force every television show to be captioned, then you should also force every place of business to have a TTY, a wheelchair ramp, etc.

Remember, ADA is for "necessary accommodations". Is it really necessary for every show to be captioned?

got message from friend send to me

Dear Friends:
This is an urgent message for all of us regarding Closed Caption (CC). FCC already had waived 300 TV programs CC. There are 500 more TV programs are applying to waive CC. I urge you to get busy to preserve this CC. We suspected that the FCC violated the CC ruling. The FCC promised us in the past to have 100% CC of every TV program. All you need to do call FCC and ask for Kevin Martin who is head man of FCC. Kevin Martin's phone no. 202-418-1000 thru relay. Seek FCC.com
and seek the commissioners (there are at least 5 commissioners) and send them message thru email.
We need to fight for our bread and butter CC.

Important message:
1. FCC must not invent permanent waive of CC.
2. FCC promised to have all TV programs CC.
3. CC will help people to develop good English.
4. CC is not only for the Deaf but for all hearing people who lose hearing at late age.
5. We Deaf community ask FCC roll the decision back in waiving TV programs CC.
6. Ask FCC to turn off the volume and see if they understand what is being said.
7. Must stop FCC waving all TV programs with CC.
Sign your name:

Last edited:
It shouldn't be an issue. We shouldn't have the government force every show to be captioned. I can understand educational programs being captioned, but for other shows... that's up to the television station or the company that created that show.

If a company decides to not make a show captioned, then that's their loss.

If you want to force every television show to be captioned, then you should also force every place of business to have a TTY, a wheelchair ramp, etc.

Remember, ADA is for "necessary accommodations". Is it really necessary for every show to be captioned?

Yes every show needs to be captioned and every business needs a wheelchair ramp unless they can prove that it is not possible. All movies theaters must have some form of captioning available and yes it is a reasonable accommodation and should be the law of the land. Otherwise majority will force their views on others:deal:

Grumble, grumble... I'm in Canada, do you think they will listen to me?

I already watch the video, I had comment, I said, "Nawww--oh, it's terribly sorry
for these deaf community, also even hearies people who loved
the captioning as Fan of closed-captioning, even elderly people
who late in their age got worsen in their hearing.

I will fight FCC for our self rights for freedom! (protesting with sign: :deal:
"FCC gave us for promise for many years on CC requirement. FCC, please don't taken away from us.")

But I glad those my favorite program did not get a waiver anything including
sports. (big sigh of relief) But, what about these faith for serious...
s-serious... in their faith with God and Jesus Christ?
(dunno with my hands:whip:)

You also to think about the other people from other countries that can't speak English will benefit these CC as well little children just my thought. I think you and I know that we can't win them all. Just be thankful there's some are CC than nothing, it just takes time and money to do this. I wouldn't want to be sitting in front of the TV 24/7 as there's more to life than TV (don't throw rocks at me for saying this, just being realistic here) HANG IN THERE!!!!

Back