Very cold!!!!

Damm.. that cold here at nite 30's deg.

Usually, it's 70-85 degrees so I welcome the cooler weather. Those living a little further north are lucky in that they enjoy 50 degree weather all the time except in summer.

After our cool night and cool day, today's high was 72, tomorrow expected to be 76 and Monday 82.

It was 30 degrees last night, but 60 degrees today in Lafayette. WTF?

Last year, it was snowing and perpetually freezing at this time, regardless of day or night.

it's 60 degrees here too.. brr!

osg4jm.png

After our cool night and cool day, today's high was 72, tomorrow expected to be 76 and Monday 82.

Gonna have to spend more $ on a/c in a few days. My parents said my bro and sis heated their apartment. I was like "what a waste" this is Gainesville, north FL, not Minnesota! :roll: No one in Florida needs heat, it never gets really cold! It starts to get cold in Tennessee and further north.

Gonna have to spend more $ on a/c in a few days. My parents said my bro and sis heated their apartment. I was like "what a waste" this is Gainesville, north FL, not Minnesota! :roll: No one in Florida needs heat, it never gets really cold! It starts to get cold in Tennessee and further north.

Won't be using a/c unless it gets too unbearable. We open windows and use fans at night and closed windows.

We have a heater with this A/C and did use it since there are 2 seniors in the house. My mother has had double pneumonia, I have had walking pneumonia and MIL has had regular pneumonia 5 times. Therefore, we heat when temps go below 60 as per doctor orders. You would be surprised at how many Florida home even down to the Miami area have heat or even, (gasp!!) fireplaces that work.

Won't be using a/c unless it gets too unbearable. We open windows and use fans at night and closed windows.

We have a heater with this A/C and did use it since there are 2 seniors in the house. My mother has had double pneumonia, I have had walking pneumonia and MIL has had regular pneumonia 5 times. Therefore, we heat when temps go below 60 as per doctor orders. You would be surprised at how many Florida home even down to the Miami area have heat or even, (gasp!!) fireplaces that work.

60 degrees indoors or outdoors? It never gets 60 degrees indoors in my parent's house even when it's 40 outside. Ive told my parents to never touch the heat or it will be too warm in the house and ill have to open the windows. They used the heater maybe once last winter for a few hours. I blocked the ceiling vent and had the windows open and the fan spinning and it was still warm, like 72 degrees.

When it gets down to 60 outdoors, it's over 75 in my room and I have to turn the a/c on. Downstairs it's a few degrees cooler(warm air rises) this is why id love to live in a cooler climate. Let it be 40 degrees outdoors, itll be around 65 degrees in my unheated room. Ill turn the heat on when it gets to 30 degrees outdoors, 55 degrees indoors. Ill heat from 55 degrees to 65 degrees, won't cost alot for only 10 degree increase.

60 degrees indoors or outdoors? It never gets 60 degrees indoors in my parent's house even when it's 40 outside. Ive told my parents to never touch the heat or it will be too warm in the house and ill have to open the windows. They used the heater maybe once last winter for a few hours. I blocked the ceiling vent and had the windows open and the fan spinning and it was still warm, like 72 degrees.

When it gets down to 60 outdoors, it's over 75 in my room and I have to turn the a/c on. Downstairs it's a few degrees cooler(warm air rises) this is why id love to live in a cooler climate. Let it be 40 degrees outdoors, itll be around 65 degrees in my unheated room. Ill turn the heat on when it gets to 30 degrees outdoors, 55 degrees indoors. Ill heat from 55 degrees to 65 degrees, won't cost alot for only 10 degree increase.

60 degrees outdoors will be 65 indoors. This house is so well built. The constant temp inside during summer without a/c is 80. Not too bad. Thats when we use fans or for MIL, the a/c. I prefer to save the electric bill and do windows and fans, but sometimes allergies stand in the way as well.

It is 82 outside right now with a gentle breeze. We have the fans on but no a/c. Inside temp is 76.

60 degrees outdoors will be 65 indoors. This house is so well built. The constant temp inside during summer without a/c is 80. Not too bad. Thats when we use fans or for MIL, the a/c. I prefer to save the electric bill and do windows and fans, but sometimes allergies stand in the way as well.

It is 82 outside right now with a gentle breeze. We have the fans on but no a/c. Inside temp is 76.

How do you manage to get the indoor temps to be 65 when it's 60 outside? My parents house keeps the temps much higher than that(without heat of course), not a bad thing if we lived further north but too warm for south FL. I had the a/c on again last night. The a/c is off and it's 76 in my room now, but getting warmer, the a/c will kick in soon. In the summer, it can get above 85 degrees without a/c so we have the a/c running 24/7 all summer long and this rakes up the bills. Would save hundreds a month by living in a cooler climate and be more comfortable as well.

How do you manage to get the indoor temps to be 65 when it's 60 outside? My parents house keeps the temps much higher than that(without heat of course), not a bad thing if we lived further north but too warm for south FL. I had the a/c on again last night. The a/c is off and it's 76 in my room now, but getting warmer, the a/c will kick in soon. In the summer, it can get above 85 degrees without a/c so we have the a/c running 24/7 all summer long and this rakes up the bills. Would save hundreds a month by living in a cooler climate and be more comfortable as well.

This house is so well insulated. Cinder blocks with rebar and then filled with concrete. either 6 ot 12 inch think walls. Then insulation then the stucco, or paneling. It was built before drywall. Father-in-law had it specially built. When it's cool outside, we open curtains and blinds for the sun, then close before sundown to conserve the sun's warmth. At night we use blankets or comforters. In the summer, we keep curtains and blinds closed to keep out the heat of the sun. Kind of like they did back in the days before a/c. The house was built in 1961 and is the only one in this neighborhood like it. We still have original windows. Attic is heavily insulated as well. Living on the flight path to Palm Beach International Airport we don't even hear the airplanes going over and we are the only house in the neighborhood that the windows don't rattle.

Howcome your house still gets cool in the winter? My parent's house doesn't, I actually wish it did get cool!

Howcome your house still gets cool in the winter? My parent's house doesn't, I actually wish it did get cool!

Temps do drop here in WPB. Last winter my MIL said it got down to 34. She used the heater then. So far this time around we haven't gotten much colder that the upper 40's. Since I am on a coastal town, we get the ocean breezes and that cools us off even more. When I lived in Central FL, it got cool, but during the summer it was stifling since it was in center of state, 4 hours from either coast.

52 degrees here at this hour.

BUT tomorrow, I will have to watch out for the thunderstorms, etc.

It is 33 F degrees tonight. Heard it will get colder. But should warm up a bit in the day.

59 degrees outside and 75 indoors. No heat, no a/c, just the house's insulation.

I woke up this morning to a crisp 17 degrees Fahrenheit! Still went trout fishing though. :D

Record cold in Olympia, Wa.
Olympia: And you thought it was cold last night | - NEWS UPDATES - The News Tribune | Seattle-Tacoma News, Weather, Sports, Jobs, Homes and Cars | South Puget Sound's Destination

Great Falls, Montana may see temperature close to record cold of -30 F set in 1972 for tonight or into tomorrow morning.
Temperatures expected to fall below zero | greatfallstribune.com | Great Falls Tribune

Tied a record cold in Pleasanton, California at 27 F that was set in 1969.
Pleasanton Weekly : Early morning freeze covers car windshields with ice in Pleasanton, Tri-Valley

Austin, Texas saw a record cold of 19 degrees beating out the old record of 25 degrees F set back in 1969.
Austin clinic shares swine flu vaccine; no local snowfall but record cold reported

Interesting.

We hit 84 degrees outside today, but the house stayed a cool 72 inside with no a/c or fans.

We hit 84 degrees outside today, but the house stayed a cool 72 inside with no a/c or fans.

It's warmer than that in my bedroom with the a/c running on and off and on. It's easy to keep my parent's house warm(without heat) but a problem keeping it cool. Glad that south FL is working out for you. Once I save up the money, im moving north.

Strong wind. Temperature will be dropped from 45 F to 25 F. :cold: Snow shower will develop. I think that snow cover will be not much.

Last edited:
Back