Verizon Unlimited Data Plans For Grandfathered Customers To End Soon

Gosh. I might have to start looking elsewhere. I am grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited data, but I'm almost ready to upgrade to a new phone. Dang it. I might go to Sprint and be part of a family plan instead since all the rest of my family is on Sprint.

Pls email me. Bmjanky@Gmail.com.

I can help you.

If anyone is looking to get rid of their line just let me know and I can take over your line that has unlimited data. Email me at bmjanky@Gmail.com or
text me at 631 599 3739

They still offer it at 29.99 + 10 if your phone is a Galaxy S2, HTC EVO or any lesser quality smartphone otherwise it cost 44.95 + 10 a month.

Sprint will not grandfather the Data Relay Plans, My phone is still an Galaxy S2 and my wife upgraded her to Galaxy S3 but they refuse to grandfather my wife phone so her plan went up in cost but mine remained the same. I went from Samsung Epic to Galaxy S2 to keep my plan cheap because I don't use my phone that much. I am a email / message board type of a dude :) , I am not a big fan of texting.

They still offer it at 29.99 + 10 if your phone is a Galaxy S2, HTC EVO or any lesser quality smartphone otherwise it cost 44.95 + 10 a month.

Sprint will not grandfather the Data Relay Plans, My phone is still an Galaxy S2 and my wife upgraded her to Galaxy S3 but they refuse to grandfather my wife phone so her plan went up in cost but mine remained the same. I went from Samsung Epic to Galaxy S2 to keep my plan cheap because I don't use my phone that much. I am a email / message board type of a dude :) , I am not a big fan of texting.

Thanks for this info. I still am using Sprint's Data only plan with my Samsung Epic. Was worried what to do once it dies. Now I know. Thanks.

You may have to pay full retail to keep your grandfathered plan. That's the only way I did to keep my unlimited data plan and I'm with Verizon.

Gosh. I might have to start looking elsewhere. I am grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited data, but I'm almost ready to upgrade to a new phone. Dang it. I might go to Sprint and be part of a family plan instead since all the rest of my family is on Sprint.

Good Grief!! $100 just for using a mobile VP on their phones? Heck no. I'll stick with Cricket, where my plans stay the same, no matter what app I'm using. I pay a comfortable $66.20 a month, and if they kick that plan out, I'll need to look for new equipment.

Good grief?? You remind me of Charlie Brown. I don't know anyone that uses that phrase.

Good grief?? You remind me of Charlie Brown. I don't know anyone that uses that phrase.

Location, location, location. You may not hear it in Southern Illinois as much as you once did but it is not completely rare. I don't think most would find it strange if they heard someone use it.

Location, location, location. You may not hear it in Southern Illinois as much as you once did but it is not completely rare. I don't think most would find it strange if they heard someone use it.

Southern IL has more stronger language than the North does, that much I can tell you right now. I've had to learn to clean up my language here, cause people around these parts don't take kindly to cussing. I practice everyday watching my language, especially on the CTA or Metra, where foul language can get one kicked off. As for the Amtrak, well, I'd rather not end up in a jail cell, so best not to.

I pay $50 a month everything unlimited except voice. I use Sorenson VP on my mobile... I don't know where you get $100 for using mobile VP from?

I pay $50 a month everything unlimited except voice. I use Sorenson VP on my mobile... I don't know where you get $100 for using mobile VP from?

My guess is because the mobile VP's use up a lot of data. I rarely use mine, except in extreme cases, or if I'm on a home visit. However, despite my keeping my Sorenson VP active all the time, I've never been charged extra from Cricket. I still pay just under $70 for my plan ($50 for phone, $10 for hotspot, $5 for insurance, $1.20 in taxes). That's pretty easy.

If anyone is looking to get rid of their line just let me know and I can take over your line that has unlimited data. Email me at bmjanky@Gmail.com or
text me at 631 599 3739

I don't think it is worth because Verizon will going rid of grandfathered unlimited data eventually.

Go to T-Mobile or Sprint if you want unlimited data.

I don't think it is worth because Verizon will going rid of grandfathered unlimited data eventually.

Go to T-Mobile or Sprint if you want unlimited data.

As long as you are grandfathered and pay full retail then unlimited is there to stay. Ibaint going to scrappy service!

As long as you are grandfathered and pay full retail then unlimited is there to stay. Ibaint going to scrappy service!

You never know - Verizon could make surprise move to end the grandfathered unlimited data like they did screw the net neutrality up in the court.

Also, Verizon will throttle you if you make a lot of data.

Unfortunately, that's capitalism for you and if you don't like it, so you can try contact your representative (house or senators) because they have power to ban on tiered data or regulate the cellular network, but those moves are very unlikely right now.

Nope they cant throttle you. I have gone over 20 gb and still have the same speeds. At&t can throttle you but Verizon can't. I forgot why Verizon can't throttle you.

Nope they cant throttle you. I have gone over 20 gb and still have the same speeds. At&t can throttle you but Verizon can't. I forgot why Verizon can't throttle you.

Oh - because you use LTE so that why Verizon can't throttle, but they can if you use 3G.

20 GB? No idea about where are you from - but in here, LTE is very congested at peak hour and worried about Verizon's dirty secret may worse for customers.

Back