verizon service

justlook

Reaction score
what is your experience with verizon if you have account there for internet only? i will be moving to new place which that area available for dsl--not yet for fio(rates). thanks for any advice...

its same as most other companies for cable and DSL . Verizon tend to be bit more reliable then other DSL companies I have seen. You just need to be a bit more tech savy or watch the VP installers on how to configure your new DSL modems for your VP's.

I recommend you to get Westell 327w, its a wireless include router. All you do is install it and the use your SIP-Relay type 'help', it will automatically to get tech support who is hearing. hearing tech support is limit hour than videophone tech support.

Also, I want add note... if you are not savvy, it okay and you can do it and I can do it too! :)

I can image to be stress and hope to have videophone work! If you feel not possible work for you or you would like have installer ready to be there.

All you do is go website Sorenson VRS® and fill those information from old home address to new address and check mark that you need a help. So they will create a service to have installer come over to help you.

DSL cost me $30
FIOS cost me $42 <--- we still use FIOS. I plan to go back to DSL due to tight budget,

FIOS will not work if you had 2 videophone. If you have MVP and VP200, it will not work at all. I tried to help my friend who has FIOS and he has MVP and VP200. I tried everything by putting port forwarding in router and still not work. My friend did called to order for additional IP address, but they only give him business IP address and it cost more. They only gave him only one IP address for FIOS. I struggled to get it work for both but still not work at all. We did called support services both Sorenson and Purple communication and they had no clue about FIOS. FIOS looks like it is new to them.

Hi, i am FIOS user and have two VPs work properly =)

Would you mind to tell me whats model of actiontec do he currently have?

well, please allow me to message you via pm, redwolf as im going to check if ur friend still needs a help, check ur pm:]

let you all know that i am going sign the Verizon service to tryout for while to see if that satisfied. mind if you would tell me the process set up on westell router without sorenson router for vp 200 and mac? thanks again

[as in my knowledge] Yes, thats correctly. You do not need second router since it has built-in router. Do the portforward/dmz either one

p.splease correct me if im wrong

Back