Verizon FiOS TV with HDTV BOX - poor Caption

I agreed with you. Some stupid network use 1080i and its look AWFUL!

1080i looks awful on a huge TV because it scans at 540 lines at one time which is interlaced process.

Yes, you are correct, but if OTA, no longer VHS Player or rewrite dvd player are problem, maybe JVC, Sony, will techology both OTA and CableTV in one DVR than write DVD and VHS Player future

The Feb 2009 deadline only applies to Over the Air (OTA) antenna. Cable or Satellite do not apply to Feb 2009 deadline.

Peter

same me about Cox Cable but you have Tivo3, it is not free, Hardware about $100 to $700 Plus sub months for guide tv fee around $12-$15 why? but Cox Cable with Motorola DVR bult-in guide tv, if I buy Tivo3, I buy double Cox and Tivo3 month?

I wish buy Tivo3 but free guidetv

I have exact same issue with Motorola DVR by Cox Cable, only work around is to set the SD channel to 480i mode and let your TV decode the captions.. So far, I have no issue with HD channel in 1080 mode with box do the captioning.

As for Tivo3, it work FLAWLESSLY with built-in CC. I had cable card and it works great unforunately, many of HD channels and digital channels are moving to SDV (Switched Digital Video). It wont work on Tivo3 with cable card due to Tivo can't communicate 2 way with cable card. Tivo is aware of this and working on USB cable card external box to allow communication 2 ways. See SDV FAQ - TiVo Community for more details on SDV.

FiOS TV is required to provide you the cable cards (you need 2 for tivo due to dual tuners). if they claims that they dont support Tivo3, that is BS and tell them FCC REQUIRES cable card to work with cerified devices.. Tivo3 is one of such device.

Richard

Back