Verbotene Liebe

SnAzZyStyLe2002

Reaction score
Okay, has anyone ever heard of this?

It's a German soap opera, which means "Forbidden Love."

I only learned of this around 3 weeks ago, when I was bored so I looked through YouTube and I happened to run across the vids of a storyline in that show Verbotene Liebe.

That particular storyline - ran since November 2nd, 2007 - is about 2 very cute guys who fall in love with each other. Do a search on YouTube .... "Christian and Oliver," played by actors Thore Schölermann and Jo Weil. One YouTuber managed to put English subtitles for those of us that don't understand German yet wanted to learn about the love story.

That love story has actually touched me in every way. As a matter of fact, it has actually given me, myself, and I, a hopeless romantic, some hope that a guy would just show up out of nowhere and ..... you know.

Not only this storyline, but other ones as well, like the American soap "As The World Turns," with Luke and Noah, played by Van Hansis and Jake Silbermann .... and the Brian and Justin story on the show Queer as Folk, then the Toby and Kevin one on Dante's Cove.

Sure, it makes me depressed and jealous and always had myself grabbing a bucket of ice cream to dive the spoon in and eat, but ..... somehow, at the same time, it has indeed given me a bit of hope.

Back