Vegetarian

but you eat eggs. in short - you're eating chicken fetus.

Sorry to break this out, the eggs that we are eating are not the fetus. The eggs are just dropped coming from the female chickens without having any sex. If the eggs from the chicken are really fetus then the egg should have red blood inside and could be considered as eating the abortion. That's why I count the chicken eggs as no more or less similar as diary products.

Anyway, I have been trying to be vegetarian, but I failed several times and tried again. Being vegetarian just make me feel so hungry and want to eat all the times, so I am having hard time to be vegetarian because the meats make my stomach feel full faster.

I was vegan for some years. Now eat whole, plant-based diet, with some wild salmon and local eggs from pastured hens thrown in. Don't do dairy. I prefer to eat vegan as much as possible.

Question about Soymilk during pregnancy

I can't drink cow's milk because it made me indigestion and bad nausea during first trimester. I always drink soymilk during pregnancy. Is that safe? I am am wonder about vegetarian's experience with soymilk during pregnancy. But I am not sure about Soymilk have high calcium. Please answer this question. Thank you!

I can't drink cow's milk because it made me indigestion and bad nausea during first trimester. I always drink soymilk during pregnancy. Is that safe? I am am wonder about vegetarian's experience with soymilk during pregnancy. But I am not sure about Soymilk have high calcium. Please answer this question. Thank you!

Yes, I think so. You can buy an organic soymilk with a label that says, "USDA Organic" logo without the genetically modified food. Also, always read the ingredients before you buy it.

(Example of the label: Organic certification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and National Organic Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Here is one of the links from Google that I found and let you decide it. http://www.babycenter.com/400_if-it-safe-to-drink-soy-milk-during-pregnancy_2305471_165354570950.bc

I was 6 years before moving here. They think chicken is a veg option. Restaurants rub baking potatoes with bacon grease, and bacon is in most of the vegetable sides. My husband thinks chicken fried steak is healthcooy. sigh.
I miss good veggie food. I try to cook healthy and veggie, but hubby wants to know where the meat is. I have gotten him to love tofu salad. It is good!

I'm not vegetarian anymore... :( I was being vegetarian for three or four years until a couple of months. I just need to gain more weight. =/

I was a vegetarian in the 60's and it was very hard to eat out as there really was no place to have a good vegetarian meal. I did not not wear any leather and it was very hard to shop for gloves in the winter. I went to a store and told the sale lady I wanted some gloves but I did NOT want leather ones! The woman came back with leather gloves lined with rabbit fur! I said I did NOT want leather gloves again, and the sale lady said " but these are lined with rabbit fur! Ov Vey! If I did not want to wear leather why would I want to wear rabbit fur!! I was a vegetarian for years and rasie my daughter as one too. She was so healthly she did not miss one day of school for two years!

I was a vegetarian in the 60's and it was very hard to eat out as there really was no place to have a good vegetarian meal. I did not not wear any leather and it was very hard to shop for gloves in the winter. I went to a store and told the sale lady I wanted some gloves but I did NOT want leather ones! The woman came back with leather gloves lined with rabbit fur! I said I did NOT want leather gloves again, and the sale lady said " but these are lined with rabbit fur! Ov Vey! If I did not want to wear leather why would I want to wear rabbit fur!! I was a vegetarian for years and rasie my daughter as one too. She was so healthly she did not miss one day of school for two years!

How interesting... really weird saleswoman... yike! I totally understand you. My good friend's daughter became a vegetarian two years ago because she read about a mad cow disease and other stories that I won't mention it here. She has not been sick for two years which is really amazing. She wished that she was sick because she wanted to skip some of her school days - too bad. :roll: I think that you are really smart.

I'm not vegetarian anymore... :( I was being vegetarian for three or four years until a couple of months. I just need to gain more weight. =/

I am sorry about that. My sisters are vegetarians for many years, and they do not look fat or thin. Just along with standard women's size. How does it happen when you lost some weight? :scratch:

I tried being a vegetarian... but then I ran into an iron deficiency problem... and I don't really believe in taking supplements.

I eat fish when I can... I avoid milk though. Next year, I will see if I can cut out livestocks from my diet and replace them with fish.

I'm vegan. I am in really good physical health. I've been vegan for about 7 years I think.
I feel somewhat disillusioned with the animal rights movement but it's not the animal's fault so intend to stay vegan indefinately.

Yes, I think so. You can buy an organic soymilk with a label that says, "USDA Organic" logo without the genetically modified food. Also, always read the ingredients before you buy it.

(Example of the label: Organic certification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and National Organic Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Here is one of the links from Google that I found and let you decide it. if it safe to drink soy milk during pregnancy? | BabyCenter

Yes, I always buy organic soymilk and 2% milk with USDA Organic. Thank you for the links. I always go to babyenter. This is best website ever I had.

I have question for you. Is that true about organic soymilk or soymilk bad for baby's development? I read people's comments. Everyone are different opinion. I'm confusing.

I understand that you need to gain the weight. I don't blame on you. I'm not vegetarian either. But it's good for health. I ate vegetarian sometime. It depend on my mood.

I'm vegan. I am in really good physical health. I've been vegan for about 7 years I think.
I feel somewhat disillusioned with the animal rights movement but it's not the animal's fault so intend to stay vegan indefinately.

I can't survive without meat. :roll:

Pinky, I think it is ok to drink soy milk so you have ask doctor for confirmation, there's people do drink soy milk if they can't drink regular cow milk due health issue.

I can't survive without meat. :roll:

Pinky, I think it is ok to drink soy milk so you have ask doctor for confirmation, there's people do drink soy milk if they can't drink regular cow milk due health issue.

My baby love for me to eat meat. I'm pregnant. I did ask my doctor to see if that is okay for me to drink organic USDA milk during pregnancy. She said yeah. I can't drink regular milk. It made me indigestion and nausea.

I tried being a vegetarian... but then I ran into an iron deficiency problem... and I don't really believe in taking supplements.

I eat fish when I can... I avoid milk though. Next year, I will see if I can cut out livestocks from my diet and replace them with fish.

My theory is that it is probably okay for you to drink milk as long as it has a USDA Organic label. Pinky got it right.

Actually, a milk is NOT designed for us to drink the milk which is unfortunate. (I use a soymilk with the USDA label for my cereals.) The real design for the cows to feed their calves which was proven by the research. I would say that God created the cow's provision for her calf as the same way for our mother to feed her own milk for her baby.

In the 1920's, many cow farmers saw that the cows fed their calf, and the farmers bought up an idea to sell the milk to our children for their business. It is not quite a dirty business, but they got the wrong idea. The real fact that milk does not make our bone strong. Green vegetables, especially broccoli, do make our bone strong which is proven from a health research. A standard milk is somewhat not hurt your health, but it decays your bone because milk contains acids in it when you get older. We were told that milk could cause some people with the food allergy.

Last edited:

Have you ever try drink Organic milk with USDA label? This is good for calcium on bones.

I don't like the regular cow's milk because it made me diarrhea and have sore throat. My husband can't drink milk because of sinus problem. He have an allergy to pollen and grass. He is taking TUMS with calcium daily. The milk is very waste by expire for few days cause spoil easily. The Organic milk is good for one month.

I have question for you. Is that true about organic soymilk or soymilk bad for baby's development? I read people's comments. Everyone are different opinion. I'm confusing.

Soya is not bad for you. There were claims that it was, but lots of vegans manage on soya milk and they do just fine. It's best to use organic soya milk if possible, although any soya will do fine as long as it's not GM modified.

Have you ever try drink Organic milk with USDA label? This is good for calcium on bones.

I don't like the regular cow's milk because it made me diarrhea and have sore throat. My husband can't drink milk because of sinus problem. He have an allergy to pollen and grass. He is taking TUMS with calcium daily. The milk is very waste by expire for few days cause spoil easily. The Organic milk is good for one month.

Most of my calcium source is from eating fish and shellfish... and seaweed. Seems to be acceptable, and I am not showing any sign of calcium deficiency either. I means... how else do the coastal people get their calcium from? It's acceptable according to doctors apparently as well.

I won't touch soy milk though.

I am sorry about that. My sisters are vegetarians for many years, and they do not look fat or thin. Just along with standard women's size. How does it happen when you lost some weight? :scratch:

I'm naturally thin and weight is about 95-90 lbs. Sometimes, it goes up to 98 lbs. Now, it is only 92 lbs (maybe it could go up again). I decided to have to quit it and start to gain more weight, cos I don't want to deal with health problems in future. It's hard to increase my fat body ... it seem I stuck with my thinner body... that I can't get it up to 100 lbs and stay above the number. :(

Back