Vegans starve their baby to death on a diet of soy milk and apple juice

I am not pleased with this harsh verdict. Prison for life - oh my gawd - no way!!

One friend in my husband's scout group gave his newborn baby a bottle of port because he was too drunk in one night, and the next day his baby died, very sad as I know this man well, he didn't go to jail for it.

Also I read a newspaper a difficult-learning new Mother, who cannot read instruction well and she put formula powder as she roughly guess to bottle fed her baby, and this baby died from it, she didn't go to jail for it.

Yup, that's not fair.

I am not pleased with this harsh verdict. Prison for life - oh my gawd - no way!!

One friend in my husband's scout group gave his newborn baby a bottle of port because he was too drunk in one night, and the next day his baby died, very sad as I know this man well, he didn't go to jail for it.

Also I read a newspaper a difficult-learning new Mother, who cannot read instruction well and she put formula powder as she roughly guess to bottle fed her baby, and this baby died from it, she didn't go to jail for it.

Yes I agree that it´s unfair to sentence the parents to life. They doesn´t mean to kill their baby intentionly.

I feel bad for the parents. :(

any mother who is vegan also should know that breastfeeding is best thing for baby.... this mother has no business to have a baby if she did not know how to take care of her baby right.... she should be in prison for life...

shouldn't be for life. But something sometimes particular person(s) are not familiar and does not matter how well "we" know which others doesn't. Like charging for life in prison is very unfair call. Sometimes as by saying when you are a juror, and gave them don't judge by their looks, dress, background and whatever that be to make them guilty. But the problem many courts are doing that. Most of the time courts violate constitutions and D A do everyway to find a way all for money and claiming its sad and heartbroken which behind it, they really aren't, they doing it for profits. It has been happening everywhere. It is sad. and even frightening also. I call it robbing their (accused criminal) personality, future and whole being.

Well schools should be blamed because they never educated about the vegans.

I feel bad for parents were not understand pretty enough it about the baby nutrition, because I think the parents want to safe for their baby could keep baby healthier, but I learned it now, it's though. I think it will be only limit to eat a some meat or alternative ways to fed the baby. I glad I won't be parent, because I am mature enough but not responsibility enough while
I am 22.

But I feel bad for their parents
is in jail. :( What they are doing for their parents-- maybe, I guess a couple need a kill themselves in jail? I believe for unfair or injustice they would may already taken to jail because ridiculous law that make their wishes to take
them took lives away. Because jail is wrong, just like feel draft go to war, instead.

Anyways, it's time to anything say it, back to topic: Because, God knows anyone who has an outrageous trouble by mistake, take them in jail.
God would be feel bad-- pitying for the parents is getting stuck for life in jail. Anyone who in jail or prison would want to confess for asking forgiveness those sins, dearly to Holy Father & Savior for giving to anyone to forgive sins while in Jail are who innocent. But for this right now, Baby is in Heaven with Lord & Jesus Christ. God bless parent's baby soul. :( But I feel terribly bad
as making my stomach sick because parents is in jail. :mad:

I hope someday, their parents will want to decide to take their lives away because them are in jail for life, so they would like to take their lives away
for go to Heaven to see Lord & Jesus Christ :angel:

Here is a link showing lots of healthy vegan kids and babies. Just to show you how healthy they can be: Articles : Vegan Children

Don't be surprised that some people who had been grown up from vegan parents then start decide to become meat eaters or omnivious after got away from parent.

It does happen to my cousin but he was raised by vegan parent then became omnivious after moved out from their house then live on his own.

It's depends on children that what doing in near future, used to be vegan or not.

I don't like hamsters. You're safe.

Edit; actually... anyone know where dishes are served that're made out of hamsters? Hehehe.

I don't like hamsters. You're safe.

Edit; actually... anyone know where dishes are served that're made out of hamsters? Hehehe.

Nah my sweetie Nipo is a guinea pig ;) Tsk Tsk I don't want to know what South America did to the guinea pigs...:iough:

couple vegans are always bad news

I'm sure I can find plenty more child abuse/neglect/death cases where the parents were omnivores. I bet they were violent and neglectful towards their kids because they ate meat.

Didn't that sound stupid? Yeah.

The only malnourished people I know are people who follow the standard american (omnivorous) diet.

As for cows milk being strictly for cow consumption - honey I bet you dont realize that for hundreds of years many children grew up on farms drink milk straight from ol' Bessie, daddy's milk cow.

Humans are the only animals that drink any kind of breast milk after weaning. And yes, cow milk is breast milk for baby cows. A cow has to be impregnated and have a baby to start producing milk, just like humans. Once the calf is weaned (or taken away to become veal) the cow must be impregnated again to continue producing. Honey.

A vegan response:

On Monday, May 21, the New York Times published an anti-vegan opinion piece (e.g. "Children fed only plants will not get the precious things they need to live and grow.") Below are three letters to the editor submitted by Vegan Outreach staff (there is a 150 word limit); you can also read the actual letters the Times published. Vegan.com also ran a podcast on May 21 devoted to the issue.

Nina Planck ("Death by Veganism," May 21, 2007) basically accuses me of child abuse for having eaten a well-planned, informed vegan diet during pregnancy and breast feeding, and for raising my daughter on an equally well-planned and informed vegan diet. In seventh grade, though, my daughter has an IQ over 140 (higher than mine or my husband's), gets straight-As in the gifted program [at right, receiving her award for a 4.0], and runs a 6:32 mile [below, leading the pack at a track meet]. The death of Crown Shakur, while tragic, implicates the parents -- clearly woefully ignorant of nutrition -- and not the vegan diet per se.

-Anne Green, Ph.D.

Nina Planck’s piece is a classic case of ignorant dietary extremism getting "debunked" by ignorant dietary extremism. Prosecutor Chuck Boring said that it was not because the child was fed a vegan diet but rather that "The child died because he was not fed. Period."

According to the American Dietetic Association, "Well-planned vegan and other types of vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including during pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, and adolescence." (J Am Diet Assoc. 2003 Jun;103(6):748-65.) I have met dozens, if not hundreds, of healthy children who have been raised as vegans from birth.

As with any diet, parents must make sure their children are getting all necessary nutrients. VeganHealth.org contains helpful information and links for anyone considering a vegan pregnancy or raising their children as vegans. It also has a page showing numerous thriving children who were raised from birth as vegans.

-Jack Norris, Registered Dietitian, Editor
VeganHealth.org

I was shocked to see the irresponsible -- and easily refuted -- attack on all vegan parents. Ms. Planck may want to rationalize her own personal failure to maintain a compassionate vegan diet, but according to the American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada: "Well-planned vegan and other types of vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including during pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, and adolescence."

One child’s death condemns only the parents, not a diet. Many thousands of children thrive on a vegan diet (e.g., veganhealth.org/articles/realveganchildren), while avoiding the epidemic of obesity and diseases facing most children in the U.S.

All parents owe their children the best. Feeding kids the flesh of other animals -- although familiar and easy -- is not the best we can do. Raising kids on a well-planned diet based on awareness and compassion is a much better choice.

-Matt Ball
Executive Director, Vegan Outreach

Back