Votes: 10 38.5%
  • husband/wife

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • others/rather not to say

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Deafhuggy

Reaction score
Hello, I'm sorry if this might be a repost, but I was just curious what you'd call when you're with someone. Do you call them your partner, boy/girlfriend, or if you are in married status, do you use husband/wife? I'm just merely curious what most people would use in this catogory... don't mind me though. This could also apply to straight people.

I'm not with someone at the moment, but if I were, they would be referred to as my boyfriend. If I were to ever marry, the person would become my husband.

Hope this helps.

I still introduce my hubby to friends or whomever , this is my husband...

I use to say Girlfriend to friends but narrow-minded peeps then will say friend.....

so far, when get to marry i will say wife... but narrow-minded peep then will say roomie.

:)

Oceanbreeze and downing, <<< (I think they didn't know) :rofl:

:giggle: This is the closet forum, not relationship. This questions are for homosexual only. If you read on top of the thread, You'll see "closet" :)

Cheri said:

:giggle: This is the closet forum, not relationship. This questions are for homosexual only. If you read on top of the thread, You'll see "closet" :)

when i saw this thread and read these straight peeps' answers i was i was like ERM!
laughing.gif

I call my bgf "partner" but I also say butchgirlfriend, boyfriend - shes the butch in this relationship...smiles. After marriage it will be hubby, ofc.

MMM interesting responds so far... keep them coming thanks! Like I said, this applies to straight people as well even tho if it is in the closet! ;) Heh. As for me, I'd say girlfriend/wife when I'm in a relationship.

Cheri said:

Deafhuggy said:
Hello,... This could also apply to straight people.

I know that it sounded silly, but yes it applied more for homosexuality, but I wanted this to be open for all as well... thanks Cheri though ;)

Deafhuggy said:
I know that it sounded silly, but yes it applied more for homosexuality, but I wanted this to be open for all as well... thanks Cheri though ;)

Ah, Ok I wasn't sure if you knew what "Closet" meant :giggle: Since I knew you were a newbie. ;) It confused people more if you included straight too not everyone know who behind the screen of their member's name (If that person is a "She or He". If you get my drift? :cheers:

Cheri said:
Ah, Ok I wasn't sure if you knew what "Closet" meant :giggle: Since I knew you were a newbie. ;) It confused people more if you included straight too not everyone know who behind the screen of their member's name (If that person is a "She or He". If you get my drift? :cheers:

Heh thanks Cheri for your concern sweetie. :giggle: I am a lesbian myself, so therefore, I'm a 'she' :) I got your drift heh

My boyfriend's name is Kim, so it is so easy to just say Kim, and let people make their own assumptions. When they finally meet Kim, they feel embarassed with their mistake. LOL I call him my boyfriend, though he does say my friend to his friends for me. He's not an open book like I am.

D'ohhhh - :doh:

My sis in law is lesbian, she calls or introduces her lover as her partner.

*click mistake Can you remove partner please for me..*.. I was mention husband/wife *done click vote poll for husband and wife*

Hard...I'm not in a relationship but if I were, I would refer to my so as my boyfriend or girlfriend....a more permanent relationship, I'd have to say wife or husband....I remember IMing with a friend of mine and she was talking about how she'd found a husband, here at college and I was like....well if I find a girl I could get a wife....(we're in MA)

i noticed my sis does call her parnter/lover her girlfriend.. i guess whatever they call on their preferences. they are pretty good open minded people. I love them bunches....even my boys too.

:cool:

I call my gf partner we're soulmates and unionfied into one heart. and no paper will change my mind! :)

Well here's something to chew on....would you call a married lesbian Mrs?

Yeah I wondered the same thing about marriage issues. I asked my sis.. she didnt know either. LOL.

Back