Use Bluetooth to Speak Directly into Wife's Hearing Aid?

I think the bolded part above is what some people "miss". Hearing aids themselves do not have BT (due to the battery drainage that would occur). You need a "streamer" to receive the BT transmission which is then sent to the hearing aids.

Yep, and there are BT streamers (neck loops) that are not just made by hearing aid manufacturers!

I am thinking about one and would like to do a little comparison. I have not gotten a price locally yet but would you be willing to share what your cost was?

roger pen is FM and the mic is BT and costs $120 give or take a few dollars.

The Roger Pen was expensive because it is FM

The reason I recommended the Roger Pen , which can Bluetooth into the Compilot, is versatility. It can be used as a mic, directional, and group settings, as well as jacking into the TV. Why buy 3, 4 devices when one will do?

Got mine through DARS, DHHAS, Texas rehab, with mic and HA's. Was never given full price break down, just amount I had to pay. Sorry.

Which is why you say buy one cause you didn't have to pay which is fine for those of you that qualify for that.

Go to hearingplanet.com and ask them how much and they will tell you.

I just bought my new compilot package and the I can't remember but the Roger pen is FM and I don't have fm enabled aids, only BT. But the Roger Pen was really expensive.

Which is why you say buy one cause you didn't have to pay which is fine for those of you that qualify for that.

I just bought my new compilot package and the I can't remember but the Roger pen is FM and I don't have fm enabled aids, only BT. But the Roger Pen was really expensive.

Yes, the pen is expensive. But it is only ONE item. Add up the price of a lanyard mic, and TV setup, directional mic, conference mic, then tell me which would be more. :hmm: Also, I had to pay a bit for the package, but DARS doesn't give an itemized receipt.

The Roger Pen can work with your ComPilot. You need a Roger X receiver plugged in at the bottom of your ComPilot like the picture below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 6
The reason I recommended the Roger Pen , which can Bluetooth into the Compilot, is versatility. It can be used as a mic, directional, and group settings, as well as jacking into the TV. Why buy 3, 4 devices when one will do?

You need a Roger X receiver plugged into the bottom of your ComPilot for the Roger pen to work with the ComPilot.

You need a Roger X receiver plugged into the bottom of your ComPilot for the Roger pen to work with the ComPilot.

Yes, and I thnk it must be wonderful for those of you that go to school and have meetings etc.

I have the Phonak Virto in the ear half shell, so no boots for me, but I do just fine with the BT microphone & Compilot.

Would it be better if you just let your wife have a quiet moment in the car without having to listen to you and the noises? Does your wife have mild or moderate hearing loss? It depend how much hearing loss she has. It does make me think that you expect your wife to be hearing like you all the way. Just give her a break. If she want to hear you instead of writing papers or text on smartphone. Beside in the car, both of those things are not allowed while driving with your wife, otherwise there would be an accident if occur. So be on the safe side. :roll:

Would it be better if you just let your wife have a quiet moment in the car without having to listen to you and the noises? Does your wife have mild or moderate hearing loss? It depend how much hearing loss she has. It does make me think that you expect your wife to be hearing like you all the way. Just give her a break. If she want to hear you instead of writing papers or text on smartphone. Beside in the car, both of those things are not allowed while driving with your wife, otherwise there would be an accident if occur. So be on the safe side. :roll:

There you go assuming based on what you would want! In his first post in this thread he said " Our biggest problem" which makes me think she is as interested in conversation as he is.

Back