Us open 2009

JamieLynn

Reaction score
Anybody?

I just finished watching the US Tennis Player Melanie OUDIN win against Petrova!!!! She already beat Sharapova as well as Dementieva...

Score!

Her game was definitely constructive towards the end. Too bad Petrova's mind wasn't with the game elseway it might have been a tad bit more interesting :giggle:

I love watching the US OPEN 'cause it keeps me entertained at night :laugh2: Time zones for once rock!

I watched that match as well. Interesting. Melanie Oudin has twin sister also BTW.

I watched that match as well. Interesting. Melanie Oudin has twin sister also BTW.

Somehow I was expecting a post from you :giggle:

Yes, she was there too! It was great to see her how happy she was for her sister. I haven't seen the other matches from Oudin to say if she was lucky or not. But yesterday's match showed that she has very good potential! Both mentally and physically :D

I'm just OVERLY happy to see Kim Clijsters back because I met her several times and even played against her once. I lost like a total loser though :roll: I know she was taking it very easy for me as well as the other (mainly) kids.

Can't wait to meet her again in October! :wave:

ETA: I also watched Federer against Robredo... way too easy for the World Best :cool2:

Clijsters won again tonight in the quarters. Hasn't she taken the last couple years off to have a baby or something.

Yes, she stopped tournaments 2007 - her baby daughter Jada was born beginning 2008 (I think) and now she's back again :D

The match last night was waaaay easy against the chinese girl! :wiggle:

Unfortunately I didn't get to see any other matches since I was busy watching the European female soccer championship (semi-finals!)

I'm mainly looking forward for to both female finals (Saturday) and male finals (Sunday) YAY!!!

Wiht the hope of Clijsters and Federer to be playing ;)

You gotten any favorites?

I like watching Andy Roddick. I don't have fave in womens, but I love watching all womens tennis.

Serena Williams got pissed off at umpires for good reasons!!

Serena Williams berates official, loses match for conduct violation
Serena Williams berates official, loses match for conduct violation - Busted Racquet - TEN - Yahoo! Sports

Rain gave way to bedlam tonight at the U.S. Open.

Defending champion Serena Williams was charged with a point penalty on match point after yelling at a line judge for a calling a foot fault on her previous serve. The ruling gave Kim Clijsters a 6-4, 7-5 victory in their semifinal match, which had been delayed 32 hours because of rain.

After the line judge called the foot fault with Serena serving at 5-6, 15-30 in the second set, the youngest Williams sister intimidatingly stared her down before screaming at the official with a jabbed finger. After a few seconds, Serena turned back around to serve, thought better of it and resumed the badgering. The chair umpire then called over the line judge to ask what Serena had said, rules officials were summoned, a brief summit occurred at the net and it was determined that Serena would be assessed a point penalty for a conduct violation. The point gave Clijsters the match.

The initial foot fault that began the fireworks was a terrible call. It was unconscionable. It cannot be made at the end of any match, let alone in the semifinals of the U.S. Open. This isn't because a foot fault is a ridiculous call at that juncture (even though it is). It's because it wasn't a foot fault. The replays show that Serena's foot was behind the line when she served. You could make the argument that it was close but not close enough to make the call.

That being said, that's no excuse for Serena to berate an official. Wrong as the official may have been, there's a line that to be crossed and Serena did it pretty early on in her diatribe by saying, "I'm going to shove this ball down your f------ throat".

It got worse from there. There were multiple profanities, more threats and a lot of pointing. I mean, even John McEnroe said it was a bit much.

The explosive end is sure to obscure the fact that Serena probably would have lost the match without the foot fault. Clijsters was playing great and Serena couldn't win a point on her second serve. The end was coming, Serena's outburst merely hastened its arrival. Maybe that was the point.

I saw the end of the match but they didn't show close captures off her feet position :shrug: So I can only agree on the point removal when it comes to Serena outbursts. Sure I can understand where she is coming from but without close captures I can't say who was wrong or right or whatever...

The bad side is that you could see the disappointment in both players eyes. That truly isn't the way a player wants to win/loose semi-finals of a grand slam tournament! :(

Im still thinking about Williams' outburst; that was pretty harsh of her.

I can't believe Federer fails to win another US Open.

Yeah me either...

I was soooo looking forward for both my favorites to win! *groan* In some way I'm glad I didn't watch the game 'cause I'd be constantly :pissed:

:giggle: LOL yeah it sucks to watch your player/ your team losing.

It still depends if they are winning points or not and on whether they are playing "good"... Everybody has the right to have a bad day, either physically or mentally. If you're mind is somewhere else but at the game it's hard.

*sigh* yet it still sucks, as you say, to watch your favorite player loose...

Oh well... now I don't have much to look forward to except meeting Kim Clijsters again (hopefully) in October in Belgium and the Winter Olympics to look forward to... YAY :D

Back