US isn't ready for free medical like Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is going to pay the remaining 90 percent?
I don't know. That's the entire conversation as I quoted. It just popped up during the radio program, and they weren't even discussing medical care at the time. It's just something the guy wanted to share.

Do Canadians have medical insurance that covers them when they travel out of country? Maybe she would use that?

NONE OF TRUE.. I'm lauff'n at you.. my gosh.. not even knowledge more than about it..

I'm pure canadian.. already know what going on every the details...

Tsk you jump huge consolation..

Canada is trying to coping deal with their system simlair alike US... isn't big deal. Not really LARGE OF SUM percent..

Depends what you have coverage of insurance will happy portion help pay your cost coverage expense for hospital medical.

Oh please...
Why don't you check out with Liebling's thread about Insurance health of medical.

Well...I'm not jumping conclusions...that's what some people told me before.
I don't live in Canada so don't be laughing at me. I don't know much about Canada. Everyone tells different stories about it and I don't know which is true or not so please respect the Americans if they don't have any idea.

According to my research....if I purchase things in B.C. I would have to pay 6 and 8 percent GST and HST tax plus PST (sales tax which is 7 percent) That's total of 21 percent worth of taxes on retail purchases, ouch!

Do Canadians have medical insurance that covers them when they travel out of country? Maybe she would use that?

You can buy travellers' insurance. However, I doubt you would be able to use such services because travellers' insurance are often for emergency uses.

:ty: again for your positive link, Kaitin. It´s very scare... The reason "John Q" movie made is show you how important to need health insurance.

That´s why I support Hillary´s plan.

Well...I'm not jumping conclusions...that's what some people told me before.
I don't live in Canada so don't be laughing at me. I don't know much about Canada. Everyone tells different stories about it and I don't know which is true or not so please respect the Americans if they don't have any idea.

According to my research....if I purchase things in B.C. I would have to pay 6 and 8 percent GST and HST tax plus PST (sales tax which is 7 percent) That's total of 21 percent worth of taxes on retail purchases, ouch!

Why should we respect the people who jumping conclusion when they don´t have any idea or don´t know either it´s true or not about anything?

If anyone who have any idea and knowledge then post, if not then don´t post but question is okay, not jumping conclusion.

Yes, I'm aware that it's not true free. That's why I provide the link about hidden cost.

Yes we work to pay tax and insurances... So? We all know it except Americans who think social health system is free which is not true. There´re nothing to hide about because we know why we have to pay taxes and insurances.

We work to pay taxes and insurances. We get medical care and then the bill go direct to insurance company, not us.

Why should we respect the people who jumping conclusion when they don´t have any idea or don´t know either it´s true or not about anything?

If anyone who have any idea and knowledge then post, if not then don´t post but question is okay, not jumping conclusion.

If I don't get some respect then I'm outta here of Alldeaf, so you're supporting someone instead of being netural. How does that make you feel, huh? I just thought and I was probably wrong so I guess deaf people love to use the word "jumping conclusions" for no reason.

Talk about hogwash!

To say that we have a lot of "bad" doctors is a slap in the face. We have a lot of excellent doctors who are dedicated to taking care of our health when your doctor is likely is only in it for the money. Plus you have to pay hundreds of dollars every month for health insurance. We pay it through the GST and income taxes.

I'm deaf and I live in Canada. I'm employed in a full-time occupation with dental/drug/optical and health plan benefits. It's also in the private sector. So far, I'll say the deaf population is doing just fine. It's just the lazy asses who won't stop leeching the disability welfare system in Canada.

Americans, do you realize that your government is spending far, far more in healthcare per capita than we are? Only the problem is, your government isn't getting as much out of it when compared to my government.

If you were to have a heart attack, the place to have one would be in Canada. It's free. In the US, many people end up having to beg their insurance carriers or sue them because of their refusal to pay the $200,000 medical bill. It happens a lot.

Canada is one of the best when it come to the emergency room. Period. That's the most crucial part of healthcare because when it's urgent, it is urgent. There's no time and they will do everything to save you and it's all free.

Once you're over 65, you don't have to pay for most prescription drugs. Only the dispensing fee which is often a few dollars.

The system isn't perfect, no argument. There are a lot of room for improvements to be made. But to be honest, I'm perfectly fine with paying for health insurance through taxes rather than paying $600 a month. All of the cares I've received from the hospitals and related services has been nothing short of excellence.

There, I said it.

:gpost:

Yes I can image it.

Banjo:I'm deaf and I live in Canada. I'm employed in a full-time occupation with dental/drug/optical and health plan benefits. It's also in the private sector. So far, I'll say the deaf population is doing just fine. It's just the lazy asses who won't stop leeching the disability welfare system in Canada.

What's the point having health benefits while Canada has universal health care system already. I don't get it.

She says, "But I can get it here [Canada] for free!"

I beleive that she know that we all pay taxes and insurances. For her is feel free and save money than pay expensive cash or month payment to doctors because we get everything what we need instead of :bowdown: and beg doctors that we don´t have insurance... no money... and beg anyone for the help.....how... stress and hassle.

I do not need to ask the doctor how much head surgery cost because I don´t pay but my insurance. It´s free which is mean feel free from stress and hassle over money issues. no matter either expensive head surgery, heart attack, heart surgery, chemo therapies, cancer, surgries, etc. etc. etc. etc. but they pay all for us... Can you acheive to pay month payment for $200,000 to $500,000 when you don´t have health insurance? That´s why the people said "free" which mean feel free from stress and hassle..

I feel free with no stress and hassle... :)

Last edited:
What's the point having health benefits while Canada has universal health care system already. I don't get it.

Not for dental and optical services. It's not as simple as you would think. My health plan includes life insurance, travellers insurance, etc. There's also the hearing aids and different health-related services that isn't entirely covered by the healthcare system. It also covers dental, optical and drug costs which aren't fully covered by the government.

So the employers fill in the gap.

Not for dental and optical services. It's not as simple as you would think. My health plan includes life insurance, travellers insurance, etc. There's also the hearing aids and different health-related services that isn't entirely covered by the healthcare system. It also covers dental, optical and drug costs which aren't fully covered by the government.

So the employers fill in the gap.

Ohhh, thanks for the clarfication. I get it now.

The man has a great deal. The average cost of MRI in the US is almost 10xs = $2,000.

From Blue Cross Blue Shield Association: Coverage Basics: How Much Things Actually Cost

* The national average cost of an MRI is nearly $2,000
* Heart bypass surgery costs about $57,000
* The average cost of a 30-day prescription of one name brand drug is $71 compared to $22 for the generic equivalent
* National healthcare expenditures are expected to nearly double over the next 10 years

wow, too much... I would end to sell my house to cover that cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back