Urban Legendz

Ironheartz

Reaction score
I was talking with a friend of mine about Urban Legends that ciruclates around colleges, universities and the likes. It seems that sometimes urban legends are created in places where education prevails or is seen. I thought that was interesting.. maybe the students have nothing better to do than to create urban legends?? Well...I have few urban legends to tell you and if you know any urban legends...do tell! At the same time, would u also be so kind to tell us where u heard it from?

Here's an urban legend...

The Story: Two speeding semi trucks crash head on in a heavy fog. The drivers survive, but the two trucks are toosmashed together to separate, so the towing truck company tows them to a junkyard in one peice. A feew weeks later, junkyard workers notice a terrible smell coming from the wreck. They pry the cars apart...and discover a Volkswagen beetle with four passengers crushed flat in between the two trucks.

The Truth: Urban legends featuring small cars smashed by big vechiles are so numerous that they're practially a category by themselves. What keeps them alive is the general fear of meeting a similar fate.

I've heard this one from a friend of my mother who is a truck driver and he heard it from someone else who read about it. This story is widely ciruclated among the truck drivers of this nation. But then again...still gotta be careful when sharing the same road with semi trucks!!!

Silver Spring - Walter Reed Forest Glenn Army Medical Annex- Faces seen in the windows of the facility, formerly an elite girls academy, noises, cold spots.

thats the legend i know of and i can tell u there ARE some entities there -- wanna know more u can go here for more listings from all across the USA and abroad -- www.theshadowlands.net/places/ -- has alot of interesting legends/stories on there

That's how many Urban Legends start. "I heard this from my mom's cousin's sister's bestfriend's wife."

Here's another urban legend that I know of...

The Story: A medical school student prepares to work on a cadaver during her gross anatomy laboratory. She lifts the cover off of the body...and discovers that the cadaver is an ex-boyfriend.
The Truth: Finding out that the cadaver assigned to you is a friendk, relative or lved one is a fear as old as medical school anatomy classes themselves. Tales of such a thing happening have been traced back hundreds of years. One version, involving the English novelist Laurence Sterne, dates back to 1768.
Note: It actually did happen at least once. In 1982, a student at the University of Alabama School of Medicine learned that the body of her great aunt was one of the nine cadavers assigned to her anatomy class. The state anatomy board replaced it with another body.

How weird is that?!

WANTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER (The actual AP headline)

Linda Burnett, 23, was visiting her in-laws, and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head.

One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda’s eyes were now open, and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she’d been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour.

The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head.

A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered and tried to hold her brains in for over an hour. And, yes, Linda is a blonde.

==================

According to the story above, it is fiction. no proofs has been found. Silly isn't it?

Wouldn't that dumb blonde felt pain if she had been shot in the head?? Lawd, give me the strength to go on into a dumb world!
Here's another urban legend:

The Story: In a South African hospital, a number of patients have died mysteriously while convalescing ina particular bed. The hospital investigated...and discovered that the cleaning lady had been inadvertenly killing a patient every time she polished the floor.
How It Spread: ON the Internet, in 1996. The e-mail was supposedly taken from a june 1996 Cape Times article headlined "Cleaner Polishes Off Patients". The story follows:
"It seems that every Friday morning a celaner would enter the ward, remove the plug that powered the patient's life support system, plug her floor polisher into the cacant socket, then go about her business. When she had finished her chores, she would plug the life support machine back in and leave, unaware that the patient was now dead. she could not, after all, hear the screams and eventual death rattle over the whirring of her polisher.
"We are sorry and have sent a strong letter to the cleaner in question. Further, the Free State Health and Welfare Department is arranging for an electrican to fit an extra socket, so there should be no repetition of this incident. The enquiry is now closed."
The Truth: Rumors of death-by-cleaning-lady incident floated around South AFrica for years before reporters at a South African newspaper named Die Volksblad decided, in 1996, to see if there was any truth to them. They ran the article asking relatives of any of the victims to come forward. No one did...but another South African paper picked up the story--and finally the Cape Times nustakenly ran the story as an actual occurence, rather than a regional newspaper's attempt to track down an urban legend.

Back