Upgradeing Nucleus24 to Freedom implant

kayla123

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if any Nucleus24 implant users recieved a letter in the mail from Cochlear saying that you were now able to upgrade your Nucleus24 to the Freedom. I remember asking about it when Freedom first came out and they were'nt sure at the time if it would be compatible. I just recieved the letter this week that it was and they started taking orders. The price is about 6,800 dollars:eek3: and if you want to go through your insurance you need to get approval first. If not, they do give you a trade in value for your old implant...3,900 for the EspiritG or 2,900 for the bodyworn.

Hi, just wondering if any Nucleus24 implant users recieved a letter in the mail from Cochlear saying that you were now able to upgrade your Nucleus24 to the Freedom. I remember asking about it when Freedom first came out and they were'nt sure at the time if it would be compatible. I just recieved the letter this week that it was and they started taking orders. The price is about 6,800 dollars:eek3: and if you want to go through your insurance you need to get approval first. If not, they do give you a trade in value for your old implant...3,900 for the EspiritG or 2,900 for the bodyworn.

I did called insurance about want upgrade into freedom and they refuse to offers it. :(

I hate bodyworn CI.

Well, if you want it then go for it!

Impossible.. I know other CIers who have old implant and traded in for Freedom. Why not yours? :confused:

Not know, I was under different insurance and it called VIVA, that what my mom got it.

It only paid at once during CI surgery except for upgrade into freedom or new devices.

Not know, I was under different insurance and it called VIVA, that what my mom got it.

It only paid at once during CI surgery except for upgrade into freedom or new devices.

I thought your CI was no longer working since you had an MRI? I thought the MRI caused the internal part to shift or something?

I thought your CI was no longer working since you had an MRI? I thought the MRI caused the internal part to shift or something?

Yea, I already told but cannot take re-surgery unless I win to get alot of money from lottery or whatever.

I just forgot about them and move on, that all.

umm strange...insurance should pay for upgrade. I am not sure when we'll have CI meeting and I'll find that out for you.

I haven't got CI yet but hopefully soon. I have Medicare BUT I am avoiding pay 20%. I do not want any bill comes in my mailbox! So I am gonna work on and find some grants to pay rest of it.

umm strange...insurance should pay for upgrade. I am not sure when we'll have CI meeting and I'll find that out for you.

I haven't got CI yet but hopefully soon. I have Medicare BUT I am avoiding pay 20%. I do not want any bill comes in my mailbox! So I am gonna work on and find some grants to pay rest of it.

I just need get BCBS, that can cover all part of CI but not cheaper and just around like $150 or less for single people, also I think that deaf people would get free CI including upgrade because of medical reason. Again, all cost are varies depends on companies.

Do you have job? Just go discuss with boss if you would have benefit to get health insurance.

NO I am not working..I am stay home mom and get SSDI and have medicare...medicaid turned me down cuz of household income is over. :(

So will try to reapply for mediacid again in Janurary.

Do you have job? Just go discuss with boss if you would have benefit to get health insurance.

NO I am not working..I am stay home mom and get SSDI and have medicare...medicaid turned me down cuz of household income is over. :(

So will try to reapply for mediacid again in Janurary.

Do you live with DHB65?

The only reason I have a BTE now is because my body processor (spectra 22) was being phased out and there was a deal on it by Cohlear--$6,000 for it+acessories. Either wait for your CI to become obsolete or for insurance...hmmm. Choices.

Yea, I already told but cannot take re-surgery unless I win to get alot of money from lottery or whatever.

I just forgot about them and move on, that all.

So you are really talking about reimplantation? If you have insurance now, perhaps if you've been refused by the insurance company Let Them Hear Foundation could help you get approval if it's what you really want. They seem to be very successful in getting approval for a 2nd implant for people who's insurnace companies have refused. Might be worth a try if you really want to try.

So you are really talking about reimplantation? If you have insurance now, perhaps if you've been refused by the insurance company Let Them Hear Foundation could help you get approval if it's what you really want. They seem to be very successful in getting approval for a 2nd implant for people who's insurnace companies have refused. Might be worth a try if you really want to try.

That's great about found system would get deal with insurance companies then I would try it soon.

Thanks for helping...

Back