upgrade to Windows 8 next year?

I'm saying I do not buy upgrades nor have I ever. The only way I'll switch to Windows 8 is *if* I purchase a new computer.

I'm saying I do not buy upgrades nor have I ever. The only way I'll switch to Windows 8 is *if* I purchase a new computer.
Ah, got it. I usually do that, too. Not always, but usually.

I was afraid you might still be using the original MS-DOS. j/k :lol:

And $300+ sounds likely.
Windows 7 ultimate (Full) is STILL around $250+ and it's been on the market since late 2009

I have a techie friend who loves Apple and uses a MacBook and iPad. I was surprised in a recent conversation with him when he said that he was hearing good things about Windows 8 and could be tempted to jump ship. He also thought that the new Windows 7 phones were a decent attempt by Microsoft as it didn't attempt to imitate iPhones but tried to be different and stylish.
He can keep the macBook and install Windows 8 on dual boot, like I did with mine with Windows 7 :)

Windows95 - Fail
Windows98 se - Win
Windows ME - Fail
Windows XP - Win
Windows Vista - Fail
Windows 7 - Win
Windows 8 - destined to fail?

Windows95 - Fail
Windows98 se - Win
Windows ME - Fail
Windows XP - Win
Windows Vista - Fail
Windows 7 - Win

Windows 95 was the most popular OS ever. There were queues to buy it. How you can think it failed I have no idea!

Windows 95 was the most popular OS ever. There were queues to buy it. How you can think it failed I have no idea!

I am talking in term of quality and stability. I remember 3.11 being LOT less buggy than windows 95, that was expected with brand new system.

Popularity do not always define the quality of product. People just like to try new things, especially when there is HUGE gui change from 3.11 to windows 95.

I remember how slow Windows 3.11 was. :lol: It took at least 5 minutes to boot up, not kidding you. It was a 386 PC, I think.

It was my friend's PC running AOL back in late 90's? I think.

I remember how slow Windows 3.11 was. :lol: It took at least 5 minutes to boot up, not kidding you. It was a 386 PC, I think.

It was my friend's PC running AOL back in late 90's? I think.

Oh yeah, I remember turning on my pc then take a shower. When I get done with shower, computer would be ready to dail into internet. So I just open up email client and make myself a breakfast while my email comes in from my 14.4kbps modem.

damn we are so spoiled today.

Oh yeah, I remember turning on my pc then take a shower. When I get done with shower, computer would be ready to dail into internet. So I just open up email client and make myself a breakfast while my email comes in from my 14.4kbps modem.

damn we are so spoiled today.

Haha, that's hilarious! Thank god we don't have computers that are doggone slow.

Popularity do not always define the quality of product. People just like to try new things, especially when there is HUGE gui change from 3.11 to windows 95.

So true, Windows in general is awful and yet it is on 90% of desktops. :eek3:

lol... also

if new hardware

Windows 95 - very fastest
Windows 98se festest
Windows ME fast
Windows XP Normal
Windows Vista slow
Windows 7 back to XP Normal (all some remove DLL)
Windows 8 very slow or very fast ?????

Windows95 - Fail
Windows98 se - Win
Windows ME - Fail
Windows XP - Win
Windows Vista - Fail
Windows 7 - Win

So true, Windows in general is awful and yet it is on 90% of desktops. :eek3:

I think you misunderstood me.

I am not saying that windows in general is awful, I am just pointing out the quality pattern of windows system over time. Windows is still my number one O/S for home use.

lol... also

if new hardware

Windows 95 - very fastest
Windows 98se festest
Windows ME fast
Windows XP Normal
Windows Vista slow
Windows 7 back to XP Normal (all some remove DLL)
Windows 8 very slow or very fast ?????

Fast in what term, for booting up? Or general responsiveness of the system?

Windows 8 support multitouch, later Windows 10 maybe holograph, no longer keyboard, brain to windows 10 without speak, mouse and keyboard, windows 10 will more $$$$ LOL

Might i will save some money then buy Windows 10 on 2015 or don't know than 8.

Windows95 - Fail
Windows98 se - Win
Windows ME - Fail
Windows XP - Win
Windows Vista - Fail
Windows 7 - Win

I guess I am very lucky.... I owned only Windows 95, Windows 98, XP and Windows 7. I don't upgrade ever. Just buy a new laptop when the old one is giving me problems like few months ago.

Back