updates on my current relationship

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
So, my boyfriend and I have been into a relationship together for a little bit over a month. on September 15th will be officially our 2 month together. Things were going great. We both fell in love pretty fast. And it seemed like we're the perfect match for each other. My parents approve of him dating me. My family likes him and his family likes me.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I was spending my day with him and his family by going to his church and eating lunch with him and then watching his brother play in the philharmonic band. While i was in my boyfriend's car, we were heading to lunch. And he tells me that he already started admission to Gallaudet 2 weeks before telling me. He dropped a total bomb on me. I felt like we were finally dating each other and spending some time together and then he leaves for Gallaudet. I also felt like even though we are 1 month into our relationship, it felt like it was too fast for him to go to Gallaudet because he started admission at the last minute. But At the same time, I felt proud of him and he has my support on going to Gallaudet. Because he wants to do what he wants to do. He tells me that he wants me to go to Gallaudet with him. But Unfortunately i have to stay here in ohio since I'm already enrolled into a college.

Over the last few days we've been spending a lot of time together. I went to his house on Saturday for a picnic with his youngest brother's baseball team. I basically spent the entire afternoon and evening there. We hung around his house, and watched the three stooges with his family in their basement. After that, i left his house around 8:00, didn't get home until 8:30. And when I got home, i became a little bit emotional about how he was leaving for school. My best friend came over to my house immediately after she got off of work to cheer me up, but she is also moving to PA with her mom because her mom is getting married and her mom's fiancee lives in PA.

On monday my boyfriend came over around 3, spent the entire evening with me and then left around 11. After that, I was pretty bummed out for awhile and been trying to keep myself busy with things that will distract me. So I've been trying to apply for jobs, hang out with my friends before they moved to college, tried to keep myself busy with getting ready for school, etc. But i know i'll be fine, and it'll get better. I guess this is why everybody keeps saying to go to school first haha.

So, my boyfriend and I have been into a relationship together for a little bit over a month. on September 15th will be officially our 2 month together. Things were going great. We both fell in love pretty fast. And it seemed like we're the perfect match for each other. My parents approve of him dating me. My family likes him and his family likes me.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I was spending my day with him and his family by going to his church and eating lunch with him and then watching his brother play in the philharmonic band. While i was in my boyfriend's car, we were heading to lunch. And he tells me that he already started admission to Gallaudet 2 weeks before telling me. He dropped a total bomb on me. I felt like we were finally dating each other and spending some time together and then he leaves for Gallaudet. I also felt like even though we are 1 month into our relationship, it felt like it was too fast for him to go to Gallaudet because he started admission at the last minute. But At the same time, I felt proud of him and he has my support on going to Gallaudet. Because he wants to do what he wants to do. He tells me that he wants me to go to Gallaudet with him. But Unfortunately i have to stay here in ohio since I'm already enrolled into a college.

Over the last few days we've been spending a lot of time together. I went to his house on Saturday for a picnic with his youngest brother's baseball team. I basically spent the entire afternoon and evening there. We hung around his house, and watched the three stooges with his family in their basement. After that, i left his house around 8:00, didn't get home until 8:30. And when I got home, i became a little bit emotional about how he was leaving for school. My best friend came over to my house immediately after she got off of work to cheer me up, but she is also moving to PA with her mom because her mom is getting married and her mom's fiancee lives in PA.

On monday my boyfriend came over around 3, spent the entire evening with me and then left around 11. After that, I was pretty bummed out for awhile and been trying to keep myself busy with things that will distract me. So I've been trying to apply for jobs, hang out with my friends before they moved to college, tried to keep myself busy with getting ready for school, etc. But i know i'll be fine, and it'll get better. I guess this is why everybody keeps saying to go to school first haha.

well yea I mean.... what did you think what was gonna happen after high school graduation? everybody goes to college.

My HS friends went to NTID and Gallaudet. I went to NIU(northern Illinois Univ). Oh well.

I wonder, which college you applied for?

Sinclair Community College in dayton,OH. My parents wanted me to apply there for school to get like more time on things i'm struggling with and also to keep me out of debt for school.

well yea I mean.... what did you think what was gonna happen after high school graduation? everybody goes to college.

I know, I'm just trying to adjust with my friends including my boyfriend leaving and with myself being stuck here at home in my parents house. :lol:

So, my boyfriend and I have been into a relationship together for a little bit over a month. on September 15th will be officially our 2 month together

I don't mean to be a debbie-downer but I've never seen a high school relationship make it past college. IMO we don't really mature and "find ourselves" until around mid-20s. If you guys end up breaking up it's a good thing, going through a divorce is worse than being single.

I understand how you feel, but realistically, you have not been seeing this guy long enough for any commitment. You can do whatever you want, change schools, move, etc. However, you should do those things because they are best for you. If the guy is still with you fine, but the relationship hasn't gone on long enough to make any drastic moves. See, how it goes with him for the next few months if he keeps in contact, comes home to see you, etc.

Sorry you are going through this..

That's one of the reasons why high school relationships don't always work... college.

If you two are truly in love and really want to stay in a relationship, then you both can make it work. It will be challenging and a lot of work, but if you both are serious about it... you could do it. :)

Back