Updates about my new interpreter

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
Hey everybody, it's been awhile since i been on here. I've been busy with band. and I've finally got some free time for a few weeks before winter drumline starts again.

I know all of you were wanting to know how my new interpreter has been doing for me since I had some pretty bad issues with my last interpreter. My new interpreter is fantastic. She's signing every word in class and she also signs the tests for me including OGTs. She also signs in my meetings, during videos, and sometimes takes notes for me if we can't find anybody to do notes for me. The only time i don't need her is 7th period, which is study hall. We talk, but not so much during class. She doesn't complain about things like my last interpreter did. She is pretty helpful and excited to work with me.

I'll keep giving updates along the way! :D

That awesome! Now you can relax about interpreter problems and just focus on everyday normal school stuff. Brilliant! :)

Hey everybody, it's been awhile since i been on here. I've been busy with band. and I've finally got some free time for a few weeks before winter drumline starts again.

I know all of you were wanting to know how my new interpreter has been doing for me since I had some pretty bad issues with my last interpreter. My new interpreter is fantastic. She's signing every word in class and she also signs the tests for me including OGTs. She also signs in my meetings, during videos, and sometimes takes notes for me if we can't find anybody to do notes for me. The only time i don't need her is 7th period, which is study hall. We talk, but not so much during class. She doesn't complain about things like my last interpreter did. She is pretty helpful and excited to work with me.

I wish you the best :)

SO VERY, very happy for you Coolgirl!! So happy!! :)

Great!

Sounds like you finally have a proper, professional 'terp!

BTW - since things are soooo much better, I'd consider your parents and yourself writing a collaborative letter to the school district (or whomever you were fighting with last year about the situation) stating how pleased you are with the skill level and professionalism of your new interpreter.

So often we have to fight SO hard for equal access and things like properly trained, skilled, and professional interpreters ... that we get so used to writing "confrontational letters", that we forget to write "complimentary" ones stating how we're pleased with the support services we have - which I think it really important, especially if there's been a major improvement in the services after a negative experience like you've had in the last year(s) with your former 'terp.

terp trouble?really?

i am glad you gave the sign for fired and found a much more professional terp that sort of thing should not happen. work is work.

Update

Hey all,
So, I recently finished my LAST exams ever in high school. With my new interpreter of course. She has been signing the questions in a way for me to understand. I passed ALL of my exams in ALL of my classes :) I'm super excited about it. The past interpreter I had before did a lousy job at it. Comparing my old interp to my new interp, my new interp did a wayyyyyyy better job at handling things and helping me out. I'll try and keep you updated along the way!

I know I not respond to any of last bits but I read all....you compare your grades with last interpreter to now interpreter? IMPROVED? Show principal? I would! Smiles. Congratulations!!!!

i am glad you gave the sign for fired and found a much more professional terp that sort of thing should not happen. work is work.

Are you on dope or what? I dislike your lame assed comments.

OP states that she is very happy with her new terp since her old terp gave her some hell for last 3 years or more. She had enough of old terp crap. Old temp was very unprofessional and immature.

I am very happy for her.

Hey all,
So, I recently finished my LAST exams ever in high school. With my new interpreter of course. She has been signing the questions in a way for me to understand. I passed ALL of my exams in ALL of my classes :) I'm super excited about it. The past interpreter I had before did a lousy job at it. Comparing my old interp to my new interp, my new interp did a wayyyyyyy better job at handling things and helping me out. I'll try and keep you updated along the way!

Congrats!! :D

Back