Updated: Woman faces jail over 'deaf' cat in washing machine

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Woman faces jail over 'deaf' cat in washing machine | 24dash.com - Communities

A woman who killed her boyfriend's cat by putting it in a washing machine is facing jail today.

Diane Hannon, 42, put the deaf cat, called Paws, on a full cycle after arguing with her partner.

The six-year-old cat suffered a massive heart attack, severe burns and loss of fur during the ordeal.

Hannon, from Old Colwyn, in north Wales, pleaded guilty at Llandudno Magistrates Court last month to causing unnecessary suffering to an animal and cruelly ill-treating an animal.

Hannon, who suffers from depression, attacked the animal while cat-sitting at her boyfriend Duncan Carthy's flat in July last year.

She put the cat in the washing machine after arguing with Mr Carthy about his ex-wife and children from his first marriage.

Miss Hannon, who has been warned by magistrates that she may face custody, will be sentenced at Llandudno Magistrates Court.

A cat in the washing machine? :eek3: Well, I gotta say this, that woman deserved the jail time.

I am not for the animal cruelty and it just makes me sick to my stomach to know that there are some people out there doing some outrageous stuffs to the animals.

But, I do hope that the woman will learn it long and hard to realize what she have done.

All I Will Say...shame! Shame! It Is So Pointless And Mean Of Her To Take It Out On A Innocent Animal. What Next A Child?

Back