Updated hearing loss (long)

RacherBunny

Reaction score
Sorry in advanced for the long post... I realized while looking back at my previous posts, I apparently like to write huge "reports"~ lol :giggle: sorry :P

So for those of you who may remember me, a few years back I made a post about my hearing issues with the following symptoms:

-mishearing things said a few feet away
- hearing mumbling
-24/7 tinnitus
-not understanding things being said
-having to ask people to repeat
-manipulating my ear placement to hear a little better
- feeling the results say my hearing is better than what it seems like to me
-random episodes of deafness (only loud tinnitus. lasts up to 2min most of the time. one time it lasted an hour.)
-feeling like something is in my ear.
-scar tissue on both ear drums, left is worse than the right, but my hearing seems better in the left.

Anyway...
The passed 1-2 years I feel like I've either had more developing symptoms or have been noticing them more.

I've been stressed more, especially since last Feb, so I think this could be why my symptoms seem to be flaring up.
-random deafness episode number increased from 1-3 a month to maybe 5-6 month.
-dizziness for a small amount of time. happens while standing, laying down, sitting, etc.
- ability to concentrate and be patient seem less.
- understanding of what someone tells/asks me without writing it down seems lower.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much about it.:hmm: I haven't seen a doctor yet since I was forced into taking over everything for my mum. I plan on calling to make the appointment with my PCP to get a referral for an ENT.

I just wanted to hear some thoughts or your stories if anyone has had any similar experiences. Thank you everyone! :ty:

Why don't you try asking AD late deafened members on Adjustment to late onset deafness instead of us? You will be able to find answers to your questions about your hearing issues. Jill had not been here for a long time because of her outspoken for the rights of our Deaf Culture. She does that several times. Now she is too busy to come on Facebook. So other members including some of us would help you with your questions. It is better if you go over there than in your thread. Try it. :)

haha thanks! I'll give it a shot. I just posted here since this was where I posted the last time.

Thanks!!

Back