Update

Lorias1228

Reaction score
Some time ago I asked for help with creating a link page for my website here. Well, I spent 9 hours today putting everything I could find together and uploading it.

I still need to do some tweeking of the founts and things but in general everything is working so if you'd like to check it out the link page is now up and going.

I also added a feature where if I missed anything good you can add via add a link by Bravenet. It's at the bottom of the Link page.

The link to the website is in my signature. Thanks to the people who tried to help me.

Lorias

The website looks nice. However, I suggest you change the color of the text. Right now, it's pink on pink and it will be hard on the eyes of the viewers.

Very nice overall, however to be honest with you, I noticed a misspell word. But everything looks great.

Misspelled word and color

ChelEler said:
Very nice overall, however to be honest with you, I noticed a misspell word. But everything looks great.

Can you tell me where so I can look into it and fix it if it is my own error and not that of the person whose link it belongs to. I can only correct my own errors.

Vampy... No one has complained yet but you about the site colors. I like the light pink background with darker pink/purple lettering myself. But I do know some people with visual problems might have a problem. I took a class in web design and know that as long as there is contrast between the colors that isn't overpowering that not everything must be black and white. But thanks for suggestion I might try and make the darker color even darker so there is more contrast but it will depend on how much time I have to do that.

Thanks Lorias

Lorias1228 said:
Can you tell me where so I can look into it and fix it if it is my own error and not that of the person whose link it belongs to. I can only correct my own errors.

Vampy... No one has complained yet but you about the site colors. I like the light pink background with darker pink/purple lettering myself. But I do know some people with visual problems might have a problem. I took a class in web design and know that as long as there is contrast between the colors that isn't overpowering that not everything must be black and white. But thanks for suggestion I might try and make the darker color even darker so there is more contrast but it will depend on how much time I have to do that.

Thanks Lorias
Yes, you're right... it's best to follow CRAP.

Contrast - good use of colors
Repetition - multiple pages should look similar to give the whole site easy navigation
Alignment - alignment should be similar on every page
Proximity - objects should be placed together, not too close or too far

When using colors, it's best to use something that's nearly the opposite. Black & White. Blue & Yellow. Etc... Let's not forget, there are color-blind viewers out there. :thumb:

Lorias1228 said:
Thanks Lorias

OK, under "My Life: Who Am I?" in a sentence saying "My mother taught forth ... " <-- Forth should be Fourth. :thumb:

Misspellings

ChelEler said:
OK, under "My Life: Who Am I?" in a sentence saying "My mother taught forth ... " <-- Forth should be Fourth. :thumb:

Oh, my personal website... I'm not too worried about it.I thought you meant the links or things directly part of my Deaf World. I have several errors on my personal page. Sometimes I try and find them and correct them as I see them. I've slowly been correcting it for like 4 years LOL. I don't update it much so it's a slow process.

I'll remember to fix that the next time I think of something to update that area with. Thanks.

Lori

Back