Update: FCC Extended Deadline

What do you mean update the VP200? I have all digit numbers a ready..

About Purple, we want hear from Purple's concerns what could have impact too? So far, about the delay. Purple is also Goamerica, it has statement all VRS on listing.

... believe it or.not...

:crazy: person doesn't want the real number, prefer the fake number due police or government can't find where they are.

I told that person, what about e911. Person think phone line is good enough... It example that VRS felt that many Deaf people in communty all around USA may have misunderstanding. I am not speak about you, just want be clarify if I say something :)

It parts... that VRSCA need research face to face around Deaf people. Like ask them,

' do you understand what FCC has statement about real number as VRS provide say about 10 digits number repeat?'

'do you know how E911 from videophone equipment (clarify not just VP200)'

and stuff that show standard failure of educational that blame school for not provide enough. So it would good benefit to push for public school to start explain how to use 911 when they are kid. Remember if your teacher asked you what is your home address, what is your phone number and how do you call 911? Same thing VRSCA is doing this right now...

However, VRSCA need more people to volunteer about FCC and their rights and what happen in future and stuff where they can review with FCC website instead blame with our point finger to VRS.
Dude, what about this issue when someone calls via VP200 to a MVP, and Sorenson can not see the PurpleMail if someone didnt answer the phone? That's another issue sorenson needs to fix.

If you can't stand what FCC is doing, want start pay monthly to use VRS service?

How many people do you met person who understand how that VRS benefit to them and what VRS is try to provide them.

Speaking about Sorenson as powerful, its not true but the large numbers, Yes it true. Your friend who quit and not look behind back because that friend can't handle that issue or to improve expecting. Look at that where your friend standing right now.

I don't let that Sorenson or any VRS stand me back off.

Well one who quit Sorenson VRS told me that he quit Sorenson because they are full of politics. So yes that is true that Sorenson is powerful company. He is happy working with other VRS. The matter of fact is that Sorenson forbid any of their interpreters whose quit Sorenson from work for other VRS within one year AFTER they quit or wrongful terminate.

But I believe that Sorenson pay good wages for installer and Technical Support even for Interpreter. Sorenson Communication owned by the Medical Corporation that create equipments for Medical needs.

I find interesting that FCC have broke the contract after make agree by about year ago to not cut the fund on VRS until the new admin of FCC decide to break and cut. Possible end VRS business.

We will see many interpreter and installer lose their job. Or even say good bye to the benefit or express on gas mileage.

Maybe we will see VRS tell us to pay monthly without loss.

I find interesting that FCC have broke the contract after make agree by about year ago to not cut the fund on VRS until the new admin of FCC decide to break and cut. Possible end VRS business.

We will see many interpreter and installer lose their job. Or even say good bye to the benefit or express on gas mileage.

How so? FCC is one of the wealthest company in the world.

How so? FCC is one of the wealthest company in the world.

are you the bank teller that you can look at FCC account number? If yes, I bet it 0.00 that they couldn't afford VRS? heh

I wonder how much money they have in their jar

It was congress that's responsible to funds on FCC.

WTF? FCC is part of government and it's really not wealthiest company.

I think Foxrac should say Sorenson is the wealthiest VRS provider company instead, probably.

FCC... no way since it's not a company like you said! :lol:

Hey PowerON (Sam) how are you :-D

Ok i signed up for this, i wanted to express the thoughts and opinions on Sorenson and Purple.

FCC is delaying the deadline due to many phone providers (ATT, Verizon, Tmobile, Comcast, etc) including those VRS providers. I read the FCC requirmenets it is open to all phone companies who are required to have portability number so that way they can transfer, from Sorenson to Purple using the same number. So many of them are asking for the postponement so Sorenson is not the only one out there. There are many are screaming for help porting and etc. I also read that FCC wants them to meet customers' need to port from one company to other in a day instead of more than 2 days. That is one of the difficult situation where companies will have to shell out the money to hire more employees in order to meet FCC's requirement to port over in a day.

Sorenson already followed FCC's requirements to have e911 and real number ready for people to obtain. Also to port over to different Providers that i've seen on youtube where they ported one customer and losing all features because that customer wants other VRS provider to be the default provider.

My understanding that Purple did not have them ready so they were the one who asked for the postponement due to their e911/porting/number incompatibility. Also the MVP log in screen is one of the bad idea to do because what if they need to dial 911 and have to log into the MVP in order to call 911. Also for that person who stated VP200 to MVP, it sounds like it is a 3rd party provider problem with the number that is not currently communicating with the MVP from the VP200. I know for a fact that you would need to call using the local number instead of the DirectVP number since the local numbers are registered via an 3rd party where all providers have access to call thru the local numbers in order to connect to one other.

They were running out of money so they decided to buy the netbooks in order to sell. They bought it 139.99 per unit and sell it for more to make a profit in order to update their MVP issues and order more MVP units. I have a friend who told me that Dell and Purple are in legal trouble due to the making profit and de-branding Dell's name on the laptop in order to advertise Purple brand on the laptop. So people, please hear the facts before you assume then type. Sorenson is following every requirements from FCC that gave all the VRS providers to do so.

I like the MVP for its wireless purpose but for the video quality that needs to be fixed on their end. A lot of people are using SVRS.TV on MVP to call Sorenson interpreters because their video quality is clean and crisp while calling Purple interpreters, the quality is not that great. I think this is funny since Purple has been using their hovrs.tv on most VP100/VP200, karma strikes back and it hurts to have SVRS.TV onto their MVP which is hilarious.

As for Sorenson installers/trainers, they are doing their job beautifully because they are highly trained to troubleshoot and fix it the right way. I've noticed some customers who has MVP and VP200 installed, most of them went back to using VP200 because the quality is great and has so much features to use while the MVP is not really great at being deaf-friendly where you will have to hold one hand then use the other to sign if you are walking. But it is nice to have a stand to talk with both. I think they are doing a good job with those features for the installers/trainers to learn and use their skills with the customers being "wowed".

So please do not bash all companies, they are working on the features in order to follow FCC's requirements. I know Purple and Sorenson are working their butts off in order to meet FCC's requirements.

Sorenson Communication owned by the Medical Corporation that create equipments for Medical needs.

No No... That is very very old news. The investment company from Chicago owns Sorenson. Way back in 2005 or 2006.

Ok i signed up for this, i wanted to express the thoughts and opinions on Sorenson and Purple.

FCC is delaying the deadline due to many phone providers (ATT, Verizon, Tmobile, Comcast, etc) including those VRS providers. I read the FCC requirmenets it is open to all phone companies who are required to have portability number so that way they can transfer, from Sorenson to Purple using the same number. So many of them are asking for the postponement so Sorenson is not the only one out there. There are many are screaming for help porting and etc. I also read that FCC wants them to meet customers' need to port from one company to other in a day instead of more than 2 days. That is one of the difficult situation where companies will have to shell out the money to hire more employees in order to meet FCC's requirement to port over in a day.

Sorenson already followed FCC's requirements to have e911 and real number ready for people to obtain. Also to port over to different Providers that i've seen on youtube where they ported one customer and losing all features because that customer wants other VRS provider to be the default provider.

My understanding that Purple did not have them ready so they were the one who asked for the postponement due to their e911/porting/number incompatibility. Also the MVP log in screen is one of the bad idea to do because what if they need to dial 911 and have to log into the MVP in order to call 911. Also for that person who stated VP200 to MVP, it sounds like it is a 3rd party provider problem with the number that is not currently communicating with the MVP from the VP200. I know for a fact that you would need to call using the local number instead of the DirectVP number since the local numbers are registered via an 3rd party where all providers have access to call thru the local numbers in order to connect to one other.

They were running out of money so they decided to buy the netbooks in order to sell. They bought it 139.99 per unit and sell it for more to make a profit in order to update their MVP issues and order more MVP units. I have a friend who told me that Dell and Purple are in legal trouble due to the making profit and de-branding Dell's name on the laptop in order to advertise Purple brand on the laptop. So people, please hear the facts before you assume then type. Sorenson is following every requirements from FCC that gave all the VRS providers to do so.

I like the MVP for its wireless purpose but for the video quality that needs to be fixed on their end. A lot of people are using SVRS.TV on MVP to call Sorenson interpreters because their video quality is clean and crisp while calling Purple interpreters, the quality is not that great. I think this is funny since Purple has been using their hovrs.tv on most VP100/VP200, karma strikes back and it hurts to have SVRS.TV onto their MVP which is hilarious.

As for Sorenson installers/trainers, they are doing their job beautifully because they are highly trained to troubleshoot and fix it the right way. I've noticed some customers who has MVP and VP200 installed, most of them went back to using VP200 because the quality is great and has so much features to use while the MVP is not really great at being deaf-friendly where you will have to hold one hand then use the other to sign if you are walking. But it is nice to have a stand to talk with both. I think they are doing a good job with those features for the installers/trainers to learn and use their skills with the customers being "wowed".

So please do not bash all companies, they are working on the features in order to follow FCC's requirements. I know Purple and Sorenson are working their butts off in order to meet FCC's requirements.

Okay, let me say something...
I understand they need to fix as soon as possible to get it fixed but they should have done this long time ago to get it fixed. Why didn't they get it fixed soon as possible? Why didn't Sorenson update the VP200 in such in a long time? I am sure there are clients out there wanted to see something new in VP200 instead seeing the same features everyday. Why don't they add tabbed directory instead of scrolling down the list all the way down to letter Z? I had a call from Sorenson asking me what VP200 should be added and I told them about the tabbed directory. The representative says many deaf clients wanted the same thing too but it will be added sometimes in the future. When in the future? I don't know.

Now, recently, Sorenson goofed up about not providing Caller ID, maybe that gives a good reason for FCC to delay the June 30th until November. Maybe, it is because of Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T need to work with numbers portibility with all VRS industry to work with 10 digit local numbers.

Like I said in other threads, all of VRS need to work together to meet with FCC regulations. We don't need VRS wars out there.

You made the good point. I am agreed with you.

Okay, let me say something...
I understand they need to fix as soon as possible to get it fixed but they should have done this long time ago to get it fixed. Why didn't they get it fixed soon as possible? Why didn't Sorenson update the VP200 in such in a long time? I am sure there are clients out there wanted to see something new in VP200 instead seeing the same features everyday. Why don't they add tabbed directory instead of scrolling down the list all the way down to letter Z? I had a call from Sorenson asking me what VP200 should be added and I told them about the tabbed directory. The representative says many deaf clients wanted the same thing too but it will be added sometimes in the future. When in the future? I don't know.

Now, recently, Sorenson goofed up about not providing Caller ID, maybe that gives a good reason for FCC to delay the June 30th until November. Maybe, it is because of Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T need to work with numbers portibility with all VRS industry to work with 10 digit local numbers.

Like I said in other threads, all of VRS need to work together to meet with FCC regulations. We don't need VRS wars out there.

I have spoke with the customer information rep (CIR) at Sorenson regarding the new features, they are to suggest us to email vrscomments@sorenson.com to tell them what we want, they will listen to us. The more requests we send them the more they realize its a priority for us. I am seeing that we have a lot of new features coming out with Sorenson VP such as ports showing in the VP200, i wonder what it will do.

As for the caller id's, who makes the calls? The relay interpreter! Point to Point will be able to show the caller id but from point to relay to the hearing caller is not gonna function correct since they are using their phone system to call out and displays their 800 number on the caller id. I am sure it is in the works to have real caller id to display the name on our phones/caller id units with relay interpreters. It is an big technogly impact to have those because it will be difficult to register caller id onto the landline from internet protocol local number. They are continually working on this days and nights that one I am sure about that.

FCC request all VRS providers to obtain local numbers and portabiliity that is their highest priority to have that done. Caller ID's not an issue right now out there.

Tip for having names to be shown in the contact list. you can always press space 2 time then the full name you'll have that top of the list if needed.
i have my dentist which is Dr. Zizza happens to be at the end of the list so i just did what i can do was, spacespaceDr. Zizza then bingo there it is on the top. Just a tip.

Sideoutdude16

you got it all worng

when fcc told all provider for vp must have 10 digitaal number and follow up

we purple have done start head already

prolem soerenson degrade on our vp-200 which we can not use point to point from sorenson to any devices which is so worng

that why we file complaint againt sorenson to wake up and allow us use because sorenson is had act like vp 100 and greed

Oh, when Sorenson will update the VP200? They haven't update VP200 in longgggggggggg time. Get moving Sorenson!! UPDATE!!!!! Another "soon"? geesh.....

update ? sorenson been updating thier vp firmwares right under our noses! They don't ask for permission to upgrade anymore. last update was few weeks ago.

update ? sorenson been updating thier vp firmwares right under our noses! They don't ask for permission to upgrade anymore. last update was few weeks ago.

Correct, the last time i had the older version was 1.4.2 which was like 6 months ago. now I just recieved my update last night and it showed 1.8.0 something. I wonder what was the new updates for that current software version. The only difference i see is that they added e911 screen/location and ports icon. Its a big change from 1.3.2 to now 1.8.0 in 6 months of work.

Correct, the last time i had the older version was 1.4.2 which was like 6 months ago. now I just recieved my update last night and it showed 1.8.0 something. I wonder what was the new updates for that current software version. The only difference i see is that they added e911 screen/location and ports icon. Its a big change from 1.3.2 to now 1.8.0 in 6 months of work.

1.3.2? Wow that was ages ago. I was on 1.7.7 even since and now it's updating to 1.8.0

Sideoutdude16

you got it all worng

when fcc told all provider for vp must have 10 digitaal number and follow up

we purple have done start head already

prolem soerenson degrade on our vp-200 which we can not use point to point from sorenson to any devices which is so worng

that why we file complaint againt sorenson to wake up and allow us use because sorenson is had act like vp 100 and greed

Just like AT&T and Verizon with their mobile to mobile FREE minutes while they call another carrier where it will count the minutes that they pay per month. FCC's ordering ALL VRS/CELL/Landline providers to do those requirements due to Portability issue that was the main event of the FCC's requirements. FCC has split some decisions to assign VRS providers to follow those requirements and for others. Did u know that FCC will delay the deadline for small businesses such as Hawk Relay and others that is not well-known. Sorenson and Purple are the biggest companies that is known thru the nation.

Sorenson has been following a lot of rules where they fractured some rules they will fix it ASAP to mandate FCC's requirements. That goes for Purple also where they fractured so much in doing VIP favors to give out to the highest usage of their VRS with the MVP. I have a friend who were using Purple so much and he got it right away where he was called an "BETA" customer, while the other person hasnt ever used Purple and has been waiting to get one. I think this is fair to Purple having those kind of features.

Now tell me what Sorenson have offended you to make you complain about their services? I have several friends who complained about Purple, ill name a few things about them;

Purple
1. They do not have the best quality with their interpreters and the videophones.
2. They are not professional like Sorenson interpreters are.
3. Their services are limited hours to contact with while Sorenson Tech Support open everyday from 7am to 2am Eastern time.
4. Their sales skills were not that good.
5. They have not designed their own videophones or update MVP firmware/their video quality is not that great.

Sorenson:
1. Waiting on installer/trainer too long (could be overwhelmed)
2. Some interpreters are not expert as we though.
3. Local Number assigned to you without any option (that is very standard of all cell phone providers/landline providers do) they just assign you and here your number is XXX-XXX-XXXX and deal with it.
4. Telemarketing are annoying, just tell them you do not want to be contacted anymore. they will leave you alone.

any more that u would like to add?

Back